Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Getting those Night Time CRAVINGS!
foodadvenger posted:
This is a hard time for me cause I am settling down for the night, and am relaxing. I have found that sugar free jello cups are wonderful to keep in the frig, you could eat 2 and its only 20 calories, and it will digest quickly, unlike everything else. It want impact your weight much and it gives you the pleasure of eating something at night. Anyway I thought this would be a good topic for us all! Steph

foodadvenger responded:
I had to go and order my daughters 6th year old birthday cake and the donuts were very hard to walk away from, but I did it, i think eating natural honey today at lunch, caused me to have this night time sugar craving, I have not been having, so I am gonna avoid honey a while. I ate 2 sugar free mini chocolate clusters soon as I came home. Steph

rohvannyn replied to foodadvenger's response:
You're absolutely right. If you eat sugar, you will crave sugar. Maybe some folks are different but that's always been true for me. When I go totally Paleo, with my only carbs coming from fruit and vegetables, with absolutely no grain at all and plenty of meat and cheese and and nuts, I don't crave baked goods at all. I can walk by a bakery without my nostrils even twitching. Why don't I do that all the time? Dental issues at the moment plus budgetary issues. I'm getting closer to the ideal again though.

On birthday cake: My grandmother is scandalized that I didn't have any this year. When I told her about the wonderful, exotic fruit I treated myself with instead, she was unmoved. It's okay though. I don't need to celebrate my own life by poisoning myself.

Good things for late night cravings: A piece of cheese is my go to snack because it helps me sleep but that only works if you are low carb. An apple is nice. Some Greek yogurt is really nice too but you have to be careful about portion control. For those who still eat rice, rice crackers are wonderful and there are some great tasting, low calorie options. I stay away from artificial sweetener. Another lovely snack is a cup of hot mint tea with a spoon of unsweetened cocoa in it and a packet or two of stevia. Wonderful mint chocolate drink!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to rohvannyn's response:
Yeah those sound great, I have got to try out that tea you mentioned. I think I have both in the kitchen, if not I will purchase some mint tea, but I think I got it. I am going to try to avoid the cake this weekend, and come up with a back up plain. I do better just avoiding places that have food I love, but I can't get out of this. I love creek yogurt. I did find some artificial sugar free fruit chews, mom says they are full of poison, she hates artificial too, i am having to use them some now, to avoid the real thing. I am glad I have you guys to talk too, it really helps! Thanks so much Stephanie

rohvannyn replied to foodadvenger's response:
The artificial sugar dosen't have to be terrible, I just don't like what it does to my digestion in large quantities. Then again, that's a good reason for moderation, huh? Like maltitol. It's a left handed sugar so your body doesn't even recognize it, but it also causes flatulance if you eat too many of them. They are starting to make more things with Stevia too and that's nice. I had some really good soda made with it a couple of summers ago, though I didn't make a habit of it.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to rohvannyn's response:
I agree moderation is the key to everything, and knowing your body, and family history. My granny lived to be in her late 90's very healthy till she passed away of heart failure. She never exercised or dieted, but she said everything in moderation. She ate the good ole country food and sweets to, but in return she worked very hard daily, to burn it off, in the garden, working in her flowers something. She had a great life. I think it is the change in our environment too. People don't do as much physical labor, and we have junk food that taste great at our finger tips. I need to get some stevia. I have not ever bought that, but I will get it too when I see it. I have not noticed it in our local store, but I will search harder. The man at our church who leads songs, he is 98. He still drives, plays the piano, and everything. I think he had to been great to his parents, to be in such great shape, he may live to be over a 100.

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Steph. It's nice to meet you. I have seen your posts but don't think I have said hello!

For me, I need to plan my snack ahead of time like fruit and a pre-measured yogurt or fruit and cottage cheese. Then I have a cut off time ( for me it's 9:30P bc I go to bed at 11); night eating has been a problem for me.

Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, Your chocolate mint tea sounds wonderful!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

foodadvenger replied to rachael2011's response:
Been outside straighten up the yard and porch. Nice to meet you too Rachel. I need to loose 62-67 pounds and I am one determined 40 year old moma. I finally got my story posted. Thanks Steph

Currently a 14/16 in pants size, would like to be a 5-8 again like I was in my twenties.

My weight has a lot to do I believe with my current health issues.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.