Skip to content
Rice white verses brown
shelsangel posted:
Which is better for you? White steamed rice or steamed brown rice Can I have some input please?
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

foodadvenger responded:
I would go with the brown whole grain, if you look anything they say that is whole grain is usually brown. Like 100% wheat bread, wheat spaghetti noodles, whole wheat flour, etc. Avoid enriched white flour in anything, it,s every where and making us all bigger than we need to be. Steph

blondie454u responded:
Whole wheat is better. White rice breaks down as sugar in your body.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy responded:
Hi Jean
I switched to brown rice a few years back and it is better for you than the white rice .. white rice has the fiber stripped from it and most of its nutrients brown rice when cooked isn't much different than white rice in texture and flavor and it has all it's fiber and nutrients .
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
Brown rice, not pre-cooked brown rice, is the best. I recently found out a quick way to cook it. Bring 4 cups of water to a boild, pour in 1 cup of brown rice. After 20 min. or so (check for doneness) drain off water and serve.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

shelsangel responded:
Thank you everyone for the information. I'll definitely be buying brown rice from now on. Sharon I have a little electric rice steamer so I just add rice and water then POOF it's done in no time, I LOVE IT. I've had it for about 3 years now and it shuts itself off when done cooking, takes out the worrying. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.