Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Garcinia Cambogia -Dr.Oz said's it is a Great new natural way to help loose weight.
foodadvenger posted:
Hey all, Dr.Oz says this is a great new natural food that helps burn belly fat. I ordered it. I have never tried nothing like this before, cause of all the horror stories I hear about people gaining weight back, or the negative effect it has on the long term, all that stuff keeps me away from infa commercials. I thought since this is natural and Dr.Oz recommended it, it might be worth a shot. I still will count calories, exercise, and eat healthy as well. What do you guys think? I am a Doc. Oz fan, I think he gives great advice.

jis4judy responded:
as long as you got the info straight from doc Oz and didn't fall for an ad that is just using his name to sell the product
you should be ok
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

foodadvenger replied to jis4judy's response:
yeah, I agree! Dr.Oz had this on his show, and really thinks it is great, along with diet and exercise. I thought it was worth trying. Steph

So much false stuff out there now, if it wasn't straight from Dr.Oz's mouth, I would not of ever ordered it. I like Oz.

SharonNVirginia responded:
Dr. Oz has a lot of hours to fill on his show. I have seen plenty of silly things come through there. How does this stuff supposedly work? Perhaps it has some kind of natural amphetamine? If it's really good, then soon there will be lots of medical info on it. Til then, I ain't gonna pay for the latest "magic weight loss" snake oil.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

foodadvenger replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
LOL... it is a natural extract from a plant with supposedly great side effects. You might research it to, it is suppose to help the pounds fall off twice as fast. I think they found this fruit in Asia.

Copy this in your browser, watch Dr.Oz.'s video.

pure garcinia cambogia extract or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=S_N8kimR6QA

Oh...Oz can be silly!! Gone to ride my ten speed with my teen the toddlers are off to stay the night with there Aunt. Oh I am gonna stop at the Post Office, Mc Donalds, and maybe Wal-Mart ..but purchasing a unsweet tea, and a snack grilled chicken wrap...hint..hint...Sharon...lol..that was cute when you said you slipped..lol..it happens...GIRL POWER..y'all be good why I am gone!

Huggs Steph

SharonNVirginia replied to foodadvenger's response:
Steph,
You are still young. I am old enough to have seen 10-20 natural extracts come and go. Remember poison ivy is natural. More to the point, we get fat because of the chemical reactions of foods in our body. Wait for the clinical tests and the identification of proper dosage and usage before using this and enriching the pushers.

Previous miracle weight loss crap
cinnamon
chromium
Phen-fen
amphetamines
oat bran
grapefruit
vinegar
garlic
brown rice
and many, many others.

I have a book Dr. Oz wrote before his TV show. He doesn't recommend any products. I think he has been corrupted. And I think it's silly to think there is anything you can take to undo years of improper eating and inactivity. The problem, as he points out in his book, is that if you take a pill or a supplement to lose weight, what happens when you stop taking the pill?

If this thing works for you, great. But I think it is a bad idea to post links to a product you haven't even tried yet.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

SharonNVirginia responded:
Okay, I watched the link. This is not scientifically proven. If it were, the people on Dr. Oz show would say, In a double blind study conducted by ABC laboratory on 100, or 1000 people showed that on average people who took the extract lost x.x pounds per month more than those who didn't. They would say subjects who combined diet and exercise lost x.x pounds more than those who dieted and exercised without the extract.

Everything they say has NO SPECIFICS. Who did the research? How was it done? What was the dosage? Where was it published?

This would only convince people who want it to be true. Shame on Dr. Oz. He should have asked these questions. He knows better.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130

Hey Sharon,

I do not want to miss lead anyone, POINT>I have not yet tried this product, just ordered it.

Well I just wanted yawls opinion on it, that's why I put the link up there, and your are giving me great insight already. I will let you know how it works as I try it out. I know what you mean about all those other things. I know the grapefruit thing helps but the others don't. I just had to eat right and exercise to get it all off the first time, but I am getting older. I am 40 now, I just turned 30 then. My metabolism is not the best. I hope it gets better though. I will be sure and read those bottles when they come in the mail. I am curios what might be in it, that they did not mention. There is a money back guarantee on that product, just incase I think it is a scam when it arrives. I will be letting you all know. I am healthy enough to try it if it looks and sounds ok, were some of you might not be, due to metical issues you have had. Thanks Steph a Sister in Christ!

I agree he should ask these questions! I am very health conscious. Over 40 years, I never smoke, drank beer, done drugs, none of that, people called me a nun in school. But I was scared of all the above. I have always been scared of diet pills period. Even in Wal-Mart those different vitamins for women, some say high energy, some say multi vitamin metabolism, read the back of them bottles, they have different doses of caffeine in them. In a multi-vitamin, something that is suppose to be healthy. you really have to do your homework and read as a adult. Steph

I don't want them to take advantage of my wallet, I got 3 kids and none in college yet!

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I'm from Malaysia and have just joined this group. I was a big baby (13.25lbs) and have never been small. But now that I'm in 54 with 5 pr...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.