Skip to content
Momentum
parakeet210 posted:
I keep getting lost w/o anything happening positive in my weight loss. I do exercise I forget to write it down. I've gained 4 lbs from vaca. Qi have an infection in my breast and it still is hurting tho I'm on antibiotics. I have been feeling sick every day which makes me sad n unmotivated. So many of u fight the fight and keep on going and I can't get started well at all which makes me sadder.

How do you get motivated? I've fallen into a problem and find myself trying to eat myself out of it!

Argh ouff. Dank poof

Keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy responded:
Hi keet
maybe try to eat as healthy as you can and forget the weight loss for a while till you feel better I mention the healthy eating because it can help the healing process
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

SharonNVirginia responded:
This time I didn't jump into the deep end. I started my lifestyle change gradually. I didn't want to have failure, but rather to build a habit of success. I knew I wouldn't see weight loss right away. I judged my progress on making steps toward my desired lifestyle.

I began:

tired
not controlling my blood sugar
high cholesterol
high blood pressure
acid reflux
urinary incontinence
size 24
36-40 oz. of coca cola per day
mcdonald's lunch big mac, medium fries
eating pizza twice a week, 3 pieces
eating pasta twice a week, 2 cups
averaging 2 servings of fruit & vegetables per day
eating my kebabs with rice and white bread
donuts or pastries twice a week
chips or popcorn every night
eating about double the diabetic amount of carbs daily
not exercising at all
weight 235

I said I want a different life. This life results in that high weight. I know it will take a long time to change my weight, so I want to make the change comfortable. I chose to begin charting my weight without expecting loss. I chose to make small achievable changes. Only one at a time. The habit of success builds motivation. You are building the habit of failure by trying to do too much too soon.

Here is my goal:

energized
normal blood sugar
normal cholesterol
normal blood pressure
no acid reflux
no urinary incontinence
size 12
no coke
Mcdonald's lunch low carb salad
only pizza is whole wheat limit 1 piece
only pasta is whole wheat limit 1/2 cup
averaging 7 servings of vegetables and fruit per day
eating my kebabs with only salad and 1/2 cup of brown rice
no donuts or pastry
chips or popcorn, 1 diabetic serving twice a week.
eating 1/2 the diabetic limit of carbs daily
one hour of aerobic exercize daily
weight lifting 6 times weekly
size 12
weight 135

After 5, FIVE months, I have lost 28 pounds. I am still making progress on my goal. Today, I am going to go to the gym for the first time since my lymphedema diagnosis. I have to go to walmart to get more diabetes testing supplies.

I fell down on my diet yesterday, eating 1 serving of lasagna. That is great! Why? I used to eat 2 servings without thinking and sometimes even 3. I am making serious progress.

What matters is not how far I am from my goal, but how far I have come.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

foodadvenger replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
good advice Sharon!

abnersmom replied to SharonNVirginia's response:
Yes! Sharon! You've got it right!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

rohvannyn responded:
Sorry to hear about the infection, Keet! Keep that good nutrition up and eat some yogurt if you like it.

I get motivated by reading other people's stories, by listening to energizing, uplifting music, and by reading new ideas on websites or in books. Also, visualizing what you want to be and recognizing what you have already accomplished, especially the non scale victories, really helps.

Good luck!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy if you we're here and Sharon Abe's wife &roh I'd hug each of you!!

Very very thoughtful things to say!!!!

Thank you!! I've kinda been hiding

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rohvannyn replied to parakeet210's response:
  • Hugs back* Come on out now, we have some nice healthy bird seed for you. Keep your feathers glossy and your beak shiny.
    Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y
  •  
    blondie454u responded:
    You've gotten some great advice so keep plugging away!
    Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
    Thanks for the see Roh! Amber yes'm Lol. Thanks all

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rohvannyn replied to parakeet210's response:
    By the way, Sharon, that was an awesome post. It was just what I needed today.
    Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

totallywiggedout responded:
    Keet,
    The first bit hurts. It ain't easy and it sure ain't fun. But it does get better. And every time you fall , you fall a little bit shorter distance and you get back up and back onto your journey a little bit faster.
    The motivation? You gotta love you enough to know you are worth the effort.

It's that simple.
    and
    That difficult.... because we all have fairly low self esteem when we first start out. We've been heavy too long and have endured too much derision because of it to not have some self love deficiency.

But you just have to look at the fact that you would jump in front of a car to save a stranger. Right?
    Then why wouldn't you put your fork down to save yourself?

We are right behind you pushing, Keety. Just fall back and let us take some of the "weight" off your wings.

huggs
    k
    Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    I too found Sharon's post amazing Roh!!

Kim that is probably the hardest order of all to love thyself. Yes I would throw myself in front someone to save them. I don't know what it will take for self love for me but will rest here a while

I've missed u Kim! Sounds like ur doing some better. I made some mistakes (huge ones) 5 years ago still paying for them. O well sigh. Can't discuss w/ anyone cept husband.

Thanks everyone for loving kind answers

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a 33 yr old with a 14yr old son and an 11yr old daughter. Been with my husband for 18 years, but only married for 1 year. I have been overweight ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
    To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.