We don't know everything about fat gain and fat reduction.
SharonNVirginia posted:
Doctors are prone to say excess weight is a result of eating more calories than are expended. But this is transparently false. Almost anyone who has dedicated a portion of time to fat reduction will have a story about plateaus.

A plateau is a period in a fat reduction regimen when the math indicates weight loss but the scale stubbornly stays steady. I have recently been enduring a plateau, journaling every bit of food that goes in my mouth. Calculating calories eaten and calories expended indicates I should be losing 1 1/2 pounds per week. But I'm not.

Plateaus discourage many people because their only gauge of success or failure is the scale. It's discouraged me many times in the past. But this time, I'm using lots of measurements I can control the outcome on. I may not be able to make the needle on the scale move, but I can decrease the amount of oatmeal I eat in the AM. I can choose to shrink my portion sizes, drink more water, increase my vegetable servings, eliminate salad dressing, walk more, get up and do exercizes during commercial breaks.

Let's not focus on the scale. Let's focus on life.
Smoochies,
Sharon
CW 207 SW 265 GW 130
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me.-Philippians 4:13

Take the Poll

I am most proud of the way I have changed my
  • mental attitude toward fat reduction.
  • food choices.
vote
View Poll Results

blondie454u responded:
Yes you have to put your focus on other things besides the scale.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7