Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Does Re-doing 5 people's closets count as exercise?
foodadvenger posted:
It is getting fall here and I am re-doing all 5 closets for winter. I am exhausted and am know where through yet, just curios if you all count that as exercise. It sure makes me tired. Steph
FirstPrevious12NextLast

kalimiller responded:
Absolutely. It's sometimes easier to get our exercise in by doing things that are not exercise. Judy will exercise by pulling weeds in her garden and Kim will mow the lawn. I'll take walks with my dogs. Exercise isn't necessarily going to the gym and walking on the treadmill or being on the elliptical machine. Those things are nice, but anything that gets you moving and can be considered exercise. Washing dishes for a long time, folding laundry, vacuuming the house, etc.
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

foodadvenger replied to kalimiller's response:
Nice to meet you Kali. I went a walked a mile, done some yoga, kick boxing, and stretched. Now I am goanna work on my 4 years olds closet. Him being a boy is a little easier. He don't have all the girly accessories and all.

Starting weight 182 now 178. Monday will be my two week mark.

ate a peach
3 whole grain crackers
1 cup of zucini, carrots, and potato's steamed.
1 stick of chz for supper

Steph

kalimiller replied to foodadvenger's response:
That's awesome! Great start.

I've been gone for a while due to moving from Utah to Texas and starting up a new job. Things are settling down, so you should be seeing more of me.
-Kali

mog1026 replied to kalimiller's response:
Hi Kali! Good to see you again . Hope the new job is working out great.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Hey Kali Glad things are finally settling down for you!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rohvannyn responded:
Anything that gets your body moving is exercise! What that heart beats harder, and you breather harder, and especially if you feel tired, that burns extra calories. Yard work, house work, errands, it all counts.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rohvannyn replied to kalimiller's response:
And Kali, good to se you back! Moving can be stressful so I'm glad things are getting better for you.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

abnersmom replied to kalimiller's response:
Welcome back, Kali! Hope all is well in Texas!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi newbie!! yes, as Kali says I count mowing, but I also count washing dishes by hand, you can, it's in the fitness planner..... you can also count swinging on a swingset for an hour for 100 calories, or playing hop scotch, or jumping rope or hoola hooping. Whatever trips yer trigger.... as long as you are doing more than just sitting around vegetating, yes even crafting burns calories, you .... burn calories

welcome aboard
huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

totallywiggedout replied to kalimiller's response:
Kali, what are you doing now, sweets? Trying to catch up and am also trying to cut corners doing it. so if you posted what your new job is, too bad, do it again for lil ole moi lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

blondie454u replied to kalimiller's response:
Glad you're back Kali!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

kalimiller replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I don't think that I ever did post what my new job is.

I work at a telecommunications firm in the Design and Inventory department. Essentially, what I do is enter any new designs or edit any needed changes into designs that are already in the system. Each client that we have has to have their own design put into our system - I design out what cables are in the area for that particular house. It's kind of hard to explain.

I do really like the job though. It's a lot less stressful than my last job. I don''t have people calling me at all times during the day wanting to yell at me
-Kali

rohvannyn replied to kalimiller's response:
So, would it be the design for where the telecom cables are placed in the house, where they go through the walls, where they hook up with the main system, that kind of thing? Cool!
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hey Kim, Well it is cleaning our the frig, drawers, and cabinets in the kitchen today, and doing laundry and picking up the house.

Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 48 and would like to shed 50 pounds. I have been a vegetarian for 30 years; I love to be active outdoors; I feel like I have a healthy lifesty...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.