Skip to content
A Funny Thing Happened on the way to the Forum.....
totallywiggedout posted:
I love Monty Python. Don't you?
Ok so I'm having avoidance issues. What's new?
Michael's 1st surgery, most specifically known as the surgery that wasn't supposed to happen that day but did.... took his entire mole out. all the way to his breastbone... just to make sure the biopsy could see if there were any "feelers".and since then, we have waited.... and waited.... and waited....
we already knew it was melanoma, as the first partial biopsy stated, but this , I guess was the much lauded, 2nd opinion. And, guess what?? it's melanoma! no s**t sherlock.grrrrr. scuse my french....... anyhooo....
so if it'd had feelers the prognosis wouldn't have been wonderful. They then would not only have to take the hashbrown sized piece out of his chest like is next , but also take out the glands under his armpits..... and from there, on until they "got it all".
As it is. We go back in on Nov 1 early am to remove the full area around the cancer stricken site. The size, shape and depth of a McDonald's hashbrown.... this it the oncologist's way of doing the most possible to make sure that sucker is gone..... hopefully that will be the outcome. Of course, since it is cancer, albeit just a superficial"surface" cancer, Michael will have to have full body checks for recurrance, every 6 months for at least the first 3 years.

That said. I understand you worried about me. I had to take some time to adjust to the situation. I needed to eat and console and just be with my family and celebrate life , right now, rather than wait. I'm sure you understand.
But I am blessed to have so many people, friends, here in this community, giving moral, spiritual and emotional support. Although I had unplugged for the most part, I knew that you guys were here and that no matter what, you had my back.

many huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy responded:
Oh that's a big wowie that tricky melanoma can do a lot of damage I think my niece caught it quick ,,and did well
whew you have been dealing with a lot of stress so glad you posted ,,sometimes just typing it out can help ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Thanks for the update! Stay strong and as always you are in my prayers.

abnersmom responded:
Good to see you back, Kim. As you know, we've all bee thinking of you and Michael.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

parakeet210 replied to abnersmom's response:
I'm glad you're back Kim!! My thoughts and prayers go out to you and yours!

BIG HUGE HUGGERS
keet
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rohvannyn replied to parakeet210's response:
Glad to see you, Kim! And I'm glad you've got a "go-getter" as your husband's surgeon. It sounds like they are being proactive and cautious and that's great. I wish him a swift healing and three years worth of clean screenings.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rachael2011 replied to rohvannyn's response:
You guys have been in my thoughts and prayers, Kim.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie, Roh, Keet and Rachael. Your thoughts and welcome backs mean much to me. MUAH!

Roh, Michael isn't my hubby. We are just cohabitating. He's my significant other and lover. I just sorta kinda like him so I don't want him dropping dead of something stupid like skin cancer. I mean, jeez, he doesn't even like the sun, for goodness sake....

and yes, although I was thinking that taking the next big piece sounded a bit "aggressive" , I'm now more of the opinion that a chunk of skin now is better than all his nodes later.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

shelsangel responded:
Glad you posted Kim. Sending thoughts, prayers and positive thoughts your way that everything will turn our OK.

HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

ausgram responded:
Oh gosh Kim, I'm sorry. Your poor Michael. Wow. Well, hang in there, we are here for you when you want to talk. Yep, we got your back.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rohvannyn replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Sorry about that! I got the wrong idea, so thanks for setting me straight. I really do wish the best for Michael, though. And I agree about the piece of skin versus the nodes.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

mardee responded:
I will keep you and your hubby in my thoughts and hope for the best!! We all know you are strong, but we are all here if need be
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

Spotlight: Member Stories

Here I am! Feeling the worst I ever have. 100 pounds to lose and very overwhelmed about it. 1 year away from 50 years old. Developed high blood pressu...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.