Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
feeling low
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I had my knee surgery and ever since I have been suffering terrible pain. It's keeping me from exercising. I am swimming but that's not making me lose any weight. At least I'm not gaining either, Had surgery on my left knee and having pain in my right knee also. I haven't told the Dr. that yet. Just taking 2000mg of Tylonal every 4 hours or when I think about it. I also take 1500mg of Relefen daily and I start physical therapy on Friday.
BB
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
BB, I'm sorry you are having so many post op troubles. The pain in the opposite knee will be worse for awhile. You are relying on that one to take up the slack of the weaker side that you just had done.
Also, by babying the one knee, you are stressing the other by torquing it a bit with hobbling...... when you start your rehab that will , hopefully, start to get better. They will teach you how to walk correctly to save yourself more pain and will help you get stronger on BOTH sides.

Chin up, it'll get better but in the meantime, watch all the tylonel. It can do dmg to your liver if you take too much. Best thing is rest and ice for swelling, raising the knees up in a slightly bent position, with a pillow underneath, NOT on a recliner where the knees are "locked" almost straight.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

blondie454u responded:
BB just focus on getting well. Don't stress about losing the weight. Focus on eating healthy foods and doing what the doctor tells you to do. Good luck!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
I would use hand weights for my harms, and talk to the doctor more about therapy a few times a week. I had a friend who had this done a few months ago, he has recovered wonderful but he said it was painful, and done therapy regularly, he has to get other one done soon as well. I can't imagine the pain going through that, but I will pray for you. Stephanie

mog1026 responded:
BB did you have a replacement? I'm so sorry that its painful
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Hi BB

I suffer from rotten knees too.. I 'm sending you warm wishes that this hardship will eventually help you to be healthier than u were. I 've heard it gets so much better after the first 30 days. Keep ur eye on the prize. Ice the non surgical knee too. Ur doc may need you to do some strtches for it etc. I'm sorry ur in pain
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

abnersmom responded:
Hi BB, Sorry to hear that you've had so much pain since your surgery. Hopefully, the PT will help when you start that on Fri.

I agree with Amber. Focus on eating healthy to help you heal and don't worry about the weight part right now.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

beautifulbuffalo replied to mog1026's response:
a knee replacement is next but the Dr. doesn't want to do it at my age. I had a meniscus tear and a ligament tear.

rachael2011 responded:
BB- I am sorry that you are in so much pain following your surgery. I agree with Amber and Debbie about just concentrating on eating healthy and getting well. Good luck with your PT.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

beautifulbuffalo replied to rachael2011's response:
I went swimming today for 45 minutes then jumped into the hot tub and all felt good until I got dressed and put pressure on my
knee. It's so depressing it's keeping me from eating right because I'm so depressed I just want my life to end.
BB

mog1026 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Oh BB Sweetie, I don't want you to even think that!! Believe that life will get so much better. Its JUST knees! it is possible to fix it so you can walk without pain! You can swim! That must feel great! Try and be in the moment and concentrate on when it felt great, not after the pressure that makes it hurt. I am struggling with the same problems. I really do understand. My frustration level is so high because I can't move around. I overdid it yesterday just packing for a trip so today I am stuck in a chair elevating and icing my knees so I can try and hobble tomorrow. I feel your discouragement. Don't give up! Vent, vent, vent as much as you want but keep looking for the solution. GIVING UP IS NOT ALLOWED! xxoo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

shelsangel responded:
Oh BB think positive that things will get better. Yes I too understand the pain. I have a tear in my MCL and cyst on my Right knee along with arthritis in right hip, hands and both knees. Arthritis compliments of my Mother. Doctor won't do anything about it he said I just have to suffer that the MCL tear will heal HAHAHAHA when? Just try to eat healthy and think you can get through this. I'm praying that your pain will lessen and you will feel better after PT. Big HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

rachael2011 replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Hey BB. Was just thinking about you. Are you feeling any better? If it helps to talk (it does for me when I get depressed), we can be your sounding board if you need us. I am so sorry about the pain.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

beautifulbuffalo replied to rachael2011's response:
Thanks for everybody being there for me. I'm still feeling very depressed. I took 19 tylonal 500mg to get rid of the pain. It didn't work. Nothing takes the pain away. I will let you know how physical therapy goes tomorrow morning.

I need to find it in myself to get back on track with my eating. I don't know where to start. I was told to go online for weight watchers. I tried that once before and couldn't figure out the sight.

Oh somebody help me.
BB

ladylavender replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
((((((((((BB))))))))))
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in January of 2013 and had a lot of success...losing 35 pounds in 5 months. I didn't stick with it. I stopped coming to th...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.