Skip to content

Announcements

Exciting News for WebMD Members!

We've been busy behind the scenes building new message boards for you. You'll have new and easier ways to find messages, connect with others, and share your stories.

And, this will all be available on your smartphone or other mobile device!

What Do You Need to Do?

The message board you're used to will be closing in the coming weeks. While many of your boards will be making the move to our new home, your posts will not. Want to keep a discussion going? Save posts you want to continue (this includes your member profile story), so that you can re-post them in the new message boards.

Keep an eye here and on your email inbox, we'll be back in touch soon to give you all the information you need!

Yours in health,
    WebMD Message Boards Management

Great Scratch chili, crock pot style! 342 calories a serving!
    foodadvenger posted:
    You need: A Big Crock Pot Family Size One or half the ingredients in a smaller one. Cook on high about 6 hours, then leave on low 2 hours or so, let cool, package some to store in freezer, feed the family..etc.

With this you don't have to pre cook your burger. You could use turkey also to lesson the calories.

1 pd of lean burger 8/20
    3 cans of diced tomato's small can
    1 can tomato sauce small can
    3 dark kidney bean cans
    2 light kidney bean cans
    2 negro black bean cans
    1 cup of fresh spinach leaves, or you
    can get the frozen chunk and put it in there.
    1.5 cans of water
    one onion
    2 large heaping table spoons of minced garlic
    salt to taste
    1/4 cup of pepper
    1/4 cup of thyme
    1/4 cup of basil
    1/2 cup of paprika
    1/2 cup of chili power
    1/2 cup of cumin
    1'2 crushed red pepper

see how it taste, you can always add more spices if it is not powerful enough for you, some like it flaming hot!!

Total calories were 4,112 divided by 12 servings equals 342, 1.5 cups a serving.

enjoy, steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 53 5' 7" and weigh 210. I started gaining weight in my 30s and wasn't careful with my body - ate a lot, drank a fair bit of beer ...More

Helpful Tips

Don't wait until Thanksgiving or Christmas to buy a Turkey....
    I find it so much easier to munch on Turkey which is full of protien to hold your hunger. I buy a Turkey once a month. Just Turkey, no ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    3 of 3 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.