Skip to content
I have missed you all!!
mardee posted:
So, i am almost done being SUPER busy. I am less then two weeks away from moving and have almost everything packed

It is official, my hip REconstruction is on 11/21/2013. I am super worried, but it will be fine.

I hope everyone is doing good. I will start reading past posts to catch up.
But other than that, how is every one doing?? I hope the community is having better luck then the last time i was on here.
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

foodadvenger responded:
Mardee, Luck....LOL....how can you believe in luck..LOL..if any things going to take place it is through prayer and action.

Wow, a hip reconstruction, the thought of that would scare me too. Were are you moving from and too? Curious? I am in TN!

Of course this community is doing better. I have arrived..LOL...just kidding..but I can help encourage..and add a bit of excitement and laughter...no one likes a fuddy duddy!!

ASeriously though, I will pray you get moved safely, and that surgery goes well!! Steph

parakeet210 replied to foodadvenger's response:
hi Mardee

I'm glad at least that you have a date. I doubt you're not worried. I definetly will keep you in thoughts and prayers! for the best surgery possible as well as recovery!!!

Glad you're almost there.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout responded:
Mardee, with the reconstruction, what are they going to do? It's not a full replacement? let me know, as I will eventually be following in your footsteps to get mine done and I may as well use you as my guinea pig, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

shelsangel responded:
Congrats on the packing I know it can be very time consuming. Good luck with the surgery I'll be sending prayers your way too. Please keep us informed on how you are doing. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

abnersmom responded:
Hi Mardee! I have a good friend who is a lot older than you who just had a total hip. He was up and at 'em within hours and hasn't had a problem at all. My hope and prayer is that yours goes as well as his.

Take care of yourself.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u responded:
Good luck with everything Mardee!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mardee responded:
Everyone-
THANK YOU so much for the positive thoughts
I am going to need them!!

Steph-
We have not met yet, i have read some of your posts and i would like to say welcome to the community
And i live in Utah. I am not moving far, just moving to the in-laws house for now while i recover and to be able to save up some money for a house

Kim-
Yes, only the reconstruction. They did want to give me a full replacement, BUT.... The part of my femur that is broken will not hold a hip replacement. So, they are just going to attempt the last surgery once more and hope it does not reject a second time. The plus side is that it has been 5 years since the last surgery and medicine is always advancing.
what they did last time and what they are going to do this time is cut my femur in two places and did some sculpting/construction and then used tons of screws to keep it all together.

I am sad that i cant have the full on replacement yet because the recovery is a 10th of the time. My hospital stay is going to be anywhere form 5-10 days with 10-14 weeks bed rest. They want to make sure that it heals 100%. That is why it is such a long recovery process.
And then, they want to do the FULL replacement in 5-10 years once my body can handle it.

<3
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

ladylavender replied to mardee's response:
Wow! I feel your pain already, only with a broken wrist/arm instead, and I am not on bedrest. Sure hope you heal 100%. I am sorry you are going through this.

I broke both the radial and ulnar bones close to right wrist (am left-handed). One of them shattered into many pieces, and we are waiting to see how those fuse together before he decides on a second surgery. Am hunting for a couple of wrist braces I have around here somewhere to help my now overused left wrist, but some stretching exercises the occupational therapist gave me help it, too.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

foodadvenger replied to mardee's response:
Thank you Mardee, and back at ya, people are nice and fun here, and very helpful. Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am 27 years old with a ten month old daughter...I have been heavyset all my life and as i got into high school my weight dropped well ive been going...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.