Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Physical Therapy
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I went to the physical therapist for the 1st time today and she said I'm having pain after my surgery because my knee cap isn;t moving. So when I walk I'm hitting bone on bone. And my upper thigh is all notted up keeping the knee cap from moving. She wants to see me twice a week. This is going to get expensive for me as I have a 20.00 co pay. Disability retirement doesn't pay me much monthly

I've had 3 dizzy spells today why I don't know.

BB

parakeet210 responded:
Hi BB

I'm so glad you went to pt. My knee caps are a lot of my problem actually. cept mine go off to the sides out of the natural groove for them. Boy I for one will be so glad when you start feeling better.

It's very hard to have physical pain and not know too about finances. Is there anything we can do? Certainly we will cheer you on and know that there is relief. When I have the pain like ur having I do take pain meds.

Good luck!!
Take good care
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

blondie454u responded:
It may be costly but it will be worth it. I hope it helps you. Good luck with everything.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
I am glad you went to the therapist too, it can be expensive. They may be able to give you a sheet with the exercises on it that you can do at home. I know some people who have done that, to help with cost. They just go like once a month and do them at home. Ask about this option.

I hope you better soon, Steph

mardee responded:
BB
I do hope that this works out for the better. I would also talk with the facility that you are going to and see if they have ANY sort of financial assistants.
With working in the medical field, i know that the state offers TONS of assists programs. But for the purpose of miss use, most of them are on a "don't ask don't tell" policy.

Best Wishes <3
Mardee
CW 191 - SW 200 - GW 125

Vision without action is a daydream. Action without vision is a nightmare.
- Japanese Proverb

justmejust responded:
BB, I know the cost of pt will strain your finances, but it is great that they explained the exact cause of your knee pain, and also that your upper thigh is knotted up keeping the kneecap from moving. In my personal experience, I want to prevent other parts of my body from overcompensating for orginal source of pain and address the source of the original pain. Keeping our allignment true and our muscles strong to support our joints is key to a properly working joint/ body. Keep up with this path. One day at a time, you will get resolution and relief. There may be ups and downs along the way, never give up!

Our medical insurance paid none of my physical therapy. We were able to pay, but it was over $100 per visit. I have gone several times over the years to correct/improve various intense pains all related to a ten year old L5S1 disc rupture in my low back. I say this because backs are probably different than knees, yet I believe pt is worth a shot for you. Also, a (cortisone?) shot in the area might help temporarily while you are in intense pain. Once when my back muscle was knotted, it helped.
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout responded:
BB, sweety, have you got a home bp cuff? With all this pain and lying around trying to recouperate, you blood pressure might have escalated causeing the dizzy spells.
OR
It could be sinus/inner ear problems... do you have a cold?

Discuss your finances with the PT. They might be able to arrange for smaller payments, spread out over a longer period. Like half at each session then $10 a week from the time you are done till you get it payed off.... either that, or they may waive some of the copay.... it never hurts to ask. Also. once you are "trained" with the exercises, they may be able to set you lose on your own on the machines in the pt area. If they can, they may be able to only charge for the few min it takes for their "hands on" portion of your pt workout. You won't know , or save, unless you ask about options.

give it a go, and good luck with the knee . you'll get there and it'll start feeling better.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

justmejust responded:
Also, BeautifulBuffalo, pt visits are twice per week in the beginning, as your symptoms improve pt visits are reduced to once per week, later every other week, every month, etc.

Good luck!
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I have a blood pressure cuff. I've been taking it and it has been high. No I'm not sick.
BB

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I'm sorry that your bp is up. I knew it had to be something like that. Just be really careful when you are up and about. Make sure you always have something stable near to grab in case you get dizzy. You don't need a fall on top of all the rest of this, of course.

Please be careful, BB

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.