Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
too much chocolate, not enough vegetables
justmejust posted:
Hi all, I have to confess that I have gotten off track a little for a few weeks. Slowly I have been reducing my veggies and fresh foods and consuming more chocolate, nuts, and processed carbs. My weight has gone up from 183 to 186. Why do I do this, why, why don't I continue my health challenge for myself? I continue my moderate daily exercise, about half the amount I was doing, so an hour or so about 5 days per week.
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Laura. You definitely are not alone. At least you are catching it while you are still ahead. You are still doing really good as far as the exercise goes:)
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

totallywiggedout responded:
Why do you do this? Just like me, Laura. Because you can. It's as simple as that.
We give ourselves permission to do this to ourselves over and over until we get it right and get used to doing it right. It may take years of trying but I'm sure, in the end, we will get there because we know what and how, just haven't bitten the bullet and decided exactly.....when.
I'm up there too. I had been eating for consolation... or whatever the daily reason for the splurges was.... It doesn't matter the excuse, does it? lol....... I'm kissing close to 190 again and I'm uncomfortable in my clothes and with the way my old friend, "fat", is making its unwelcome appearance again.
That said, I started back on my new, old, improved journey again a couple of days ago. I haven't been great with it, but I'm taking the necessary steps to get better.
I'm beginning to understand that with some of us, it's not just getting there that matters, but the learning process we go through to achieve our goals that may actually matter most in the end.

Just keep learning, Laura. It really is the best thing we can do for ourselves.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

justmejust replied to rachael2011's response:
Thanks Rachael, maybe we can all do better again together...
Laura -
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Well said, Kim. It is the learning I go through as I achieve my goals that matters most in the end. I have been learning that I am worth it to live a healthier life. I keep making steps in that direction. I am physically healthier, more muscular, more fit. My thought processes are sharper, my clothes are smaller, my nutrition is improved, my relationship with myself and others is getting better. Woot! GO CARDINALS!
Laura -

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
I only caught the last few minutes but..THE SOX WERE ROBBED!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
It was an unusual situation but the correct call.
OBSTRUCTION is the act of a fielder who, while not in possession of the ball and not in the act of fielding the ball, impedes the progress of any runner.Rule 2.00 (Obstruction) Comment: If a fielder is about to receive a thrown ball and if the ball is in flight directly toward and near enough to the fielder so he must occupy his position to receive the ball he may be considered "in the act of fielding a ball." It is entirely up to the judgment of the umpire as to whether a fielder is in the act of fielding a ball. After a fielder has made an attempt to field a ball and missed, he can no longer be in the "act of fielding" the ball. For example: an infielder dives at a ground ball and the ball passes him and he continues to lie on the ground and delays the progress of the runner, he very likely has obstructed the runner.
Laura

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura about that call My son agrees with your explanation and he is a die hard Red Sox fan It was the right call I know nothing about baseball
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
My son played baseball and the mom's always knew the right calls and the rules and I was just like huh?? So I congratulate you Laura!! Good Job!!

As far as waivering from healthy lifestyle.... we are human non the less. old habits die hard. we are creatures of habit. changing anything takes a lot of hard work and sticktoitness,

All of you have made incredible strides in getting healthier. I know for me I'm way more active than I've been in previous years! I've been trying to eat a rainbow which I totally adore!!

I baked this weekend and am not happy about it! I have a client who bakes and they give everything away but they love the mission!

Have a great day all!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

justmejust replied to parakeet210's response:
Thanks Judy and Keet, I don't know everything about baseball, just played a lot of recreational softball and rules keep everyone from blocking runners. Also grew up in St. Louis with the great baseball team, really great fans that know the game, and with a great history of playing the game as a team. Win or lose, its always about doing great, or their best, as a team here.
Go Cardinals! And Boston is doing well too!
Laura
Laura

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
That's a good story Laura. I'm not into bball. But would go to a Colorado rockies cuz you can walk around a lot and gawk. lol
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

im 20 and at 215! i was 120 only a few years ago, i feel like i cant lose weight i dont even know how i let myself get so big i just want to stop bein...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.