Skip to content
Help me get back on track
beautifulbuffalo posted:
I stopped watching what I eat 3 weeks ago and I've gained weight because of it. I feel lost. I don't remember what to eat and what not to eat. My exercise is swimming for 45 minutes. I just do laps not sure what else to do. Any help out there.
BB

totallywiggedout responded:
BB,
Let's start from square one. Ok?
All is not lost. You are still exercising and in the mood to lose some weight. Let's get you back on track. If you are willing... there is always a way.

Tell us what you normally like to eat. Good food, bad food, meals, drinks, everything that has been going into your mouth for the last few weeks.
I am sorry, I can't remember if you like to cook for yourself. If so, ANYTHING that you normally eat can be made with less fats, sodium and calories with a few tricks and it'll still taste fabulous.
If you go out a lot, it's time to put a lid on it. Every single restaurant out there, from fast food to 5 star will use more fats, sodium, sugars and fillers to make things taste like something you can't make yourself and to make as many meals as cheaply as possible to make money in their business.
We have some very easy, very FAST recipes on the resources page here that can all be done in less time than it normally takes to go to the drive through and get home with your unhealthy meal.

We have said it time and again. here. If you have specific trigger foods, like chips, cookies, icecream or baked goods... do not buy them and bring them home. If it's not there, you can't eat it when you go on a binge.

Cut your sugars and your salt intake. If you do this at every meal and snack, you will start to notice that you don't miss them and that they really just get in the way of the real taste of foods.

give us a list, sweetheart. Let us help make your meals and snacks more healthy.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I can't remember what I ate yesterday more or less the past 2 weeks. What I can do is start today and tell you daily what I have eaten and you can tear it apart from there. This is the best I can do right now.
Jayne

foodadvenger replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
I will be completely honest, I will not spare your feeling....Nothing like the truth to help get you on track.

Steph

blondie454u responded:
Remember to eat whole foods and drink water.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
Kk sweetheart. You post and I'll tear it down and I , and I'm sure others, will break down what you had and rebuild it into the bigger better faster.... oh wait, that's the 6 Million Dollar Man.... Healthier version of what you chose

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a senior citizen who is STILL looking to re-reach a goal set years ago. 50 lbs. would be wonderful! Because of a heart problem, a diagnosis ...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.