Homeade spaghetti sauce
Spegetti
Bread
Butter
Diet Pepsi
Worked out on the treadmill for 45 minutes

foodadvenger responded:
BB, Hope this helps!

I was reading the food list. Loose the Cole slaw it is a dieters night mare loaded with calories, usually from mayo. You could try the vinegar it would not be as bad. Leave out the bread and butter. If you got to pick one chose the whole wheat bread toasted with no butter. I don't do spaghetti at all right now, even if the noodles are whole wheat. Carbs in bread, potato's, corn, pasta, are the worst on a woman. If you are trying to loose weight, they will Saratoga you. The diet coke is better than the real deal. I do the flavored water a lot, plain ole water gets boring, the more fluids you drink, the faster the weight will come off, along with that exercise.

I drink whole milk, or 2% over the skim, the calcium is good for you, but I add it to my calorie intake, drink lots of water.

Great job on that treadmill.

Gonna walk later today with kids. Steph

foodadvenger replied to foodadvenger's response:
I ate bread on a min vacation this weekend with the kids, 3 different meals, put 3 pounds right back on. Carbs are like a enemy, but boy do I love them too.

If you are a girl and eat many carbs you set yourself up for disaster. If you cannot live with out the carbs, eat them first thing in the morning, a toast with a egg, or bagel with cream cheese, so you have all day to work it off.

Steph

I posted my profile if you want to read it.

jis4judy responded:
Hi BB
what is in a raspberry cereal bar ?
diet sodas make you crave sugar so be aware of that
How much spaghetti ? how much sauce?
get rid of the bread and butter replace with a green vegie
if the meatballs are small ok but 2 is better
and coleslaw is not that healthy unless you leave out the mayo
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
BB, I'm seeing a whole lot of carbs here.
A little background info
Carbohydrates, like your pasta, bread, the crackers or whatever base in the meatballs, the "cereal" and sugars in the cereal bar.... are all great for instant energy, but unless you are going to run a marathon after these meals, then you should perhaps not have carbs at every meal.... because they break down in your system into simple sugars. Every little bit of sugar in your bloodstream that your body doesn't use for immediate energy gets stored and turns into fat , it FEEDS your fat and all these carbs cause blood sugar spikes that make you more hungry.
If this is like a normal day of eating, I'm betting that you are going through some seriously high peaks and extremely low valleys of energy and "food cravings" during the day. Right?
Carbs do this to you because of those sugar spikes I've just described.
Proteins, like lean meat that is really dense...boneless skinless chicken breast, very well trimmed broiled or grilled steak or pork chops even, canned water packed tuna, broiled or baked lower fat fish or heart healthy fish(like salmon) and eggs are all excellant choices to keep you fuller longer because they break down in your system slower and keep your blood sugar from spiking during the day.
Fiber, coming from fresh crisp green veggies and skin on fibrous fruits like apples, pears, strawberries, blueberries, plums, cukes, baby spinach, kale, etc ... and grapefruit along with lots of water, also helps keep you feeling full without giving you so many calories.

This is not to say that you should eat NO carbs, such as your pasta, rice, breads or potatoes.... but to urge you to make them a minor ingredient of the meal and not the main attraction.
If you have spaghetti, use whole wheat or whole grain .... Instead of a big pile of it with a little sauce...Heat a can of low sodium Italian seasoned diced tomatoes (or make your own), throw in baby spinach, diced zucchini, mushrooms, chopped onions and green peppers and add 6-8 HALVED cooked spaghetti noodles. You get the pasta, but it's NOT the main item..... and NO bread. If you have pasta, that is your carb for the meal. Don't double or triple up on carbs. If you want the burger in your sauce, ok, but not meatballs unless it's JUST meat.... no fillers. And make them very lean and very small. Meat is a choice with spaghetti, not a requirement.

Is there a reason for the cereal bar? Are you regularly caught short for time in the morning? If so, then get some ff vanilla yogurt, some frozen mixed fruit, some Original All Bran cereal and some lidded 8 oz "to go" cups at walmart.... Make up a couple of days worth of yogurt parfaits and keep em in the fridge ready for those gotta run times when you have no time to eat a proper sit down breakfast. They are way healthier and since they are in 1 cup size, they are pretty close to proper portion size for caloric intake. Figure 1/2 c total yogurt, 1/4 c fruit or so, and 3 Tblsp All Bran , layered, this would make an excellant breakfast choice, esp. if you pair it with a hard boiled egg which is also a great to go item.

I don't know what is in your cole slaw. I make my own, but use broccoli slaw and ff miracle whip.... about 1 c slaw and a heaping tblsp of mw is enough to moisten the slaw without adding too many calories...I also sweeten mine up with 1 pkt of stevia. This way you can have it and it won't kill your calories , fats or sugars.

just some ideas

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

foodadvenger replied to totallywiggedout's response:
great advice KIM!! I could not of done better if I tried breaking all that down for someone. I applaud Kim. Bb she is right. There is a women's calorie plus calculator here on web md, and also a metabolism quiz, great for beginners needing to find out calorie intake, and more about what will help you burn calories. I like both them. Steph

beautifulbuffalo replied to foodadvenger's response:
Where is the calorie plus calculator

foodadvenger responded:
http://www.webmd.com/diet/calc-bmi-plus

or look under weight loss and diet plans WebMD BMI plus calculator.

I love it!

Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

tired of always thinking and not doing recognizing that I need to treat myself better understanding that I can not do this (completely) alone hoping t...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.