Skip to content
Day 2 Food List
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Blueberry muffin
bananna
Glass Skim milk I don't like the other milk.
2 boiled hot dogs with ketchup
Diet Soda
Strawberries
Chicken Parmashan
Rice
Diet Soda
Blueberry Muffin

foodadvenger responded:
No muffins BB, just cause they say blueberry..lol..don't eat them, unless it is a homemade whole wheat muffin, loose them muffins. eat up with calories. If you can't live without a muffin sometimes, eat it in the morning, none in the afternoon.

hotdogs are loaded in calories, and are not a real meat...lol..ketchup has sugar in it. If you love ketchup use very little. grilled hamburger on the other hand is better for you. you have to eat it with no bun, but can add, all the veggies, oh and mustard is low calorie, it is lots better than ketchup and mayo.

the other looks over all pretty good. That rice needs to be brown and not white.

drink lots of water, get plenty of exercise when u can, even if it is lifting hand weights in the recliner, or while cooking. you would be surprised how much exercise you can work into your day.

steph

beautifulbuffalo replied to foodadvenger's response:
I worked out today for 45 minutes with the recumbent bike.

totallywiggedout responded:
BB..... sigh.
This is how I'm going to break it to you and then you can make up your own mind as to whether those muffins are worth it....

You know those mini muffin pans? The ones with the little bitty muffin cups in them? They hold about a 1 oz muffin when baked, 2 oz at most. Ok?

Now look at this chart
Nutrition Facts Calories in Blueberry Mini Muffin Serving Size: 1 serving
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories 296.0
  • Total Fat 14.0 g
  • Saturated Fat 3.0 g
  • Polyunsaturated Fat 0.0 g
  • Monounsaturated Fat 0.0 g
  • Cholesterol 36.0 mg
  • Sodium 203.0 mg
  • Potassium 0.0 mg
  • Total Carbohydrate 39.0 g
  • Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
  • Sugars 18.0 g
  • Protein 4.0 g
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
[a rel="nofollow">Report as containing personal information
  • Vitamin A 0.0 %
  • Vitamin B-12 0.0 %
  • Vitamin B-6 0.0 %
  • Vitamin C 0.0 %
  • Vitamin D 0.0 %
  • Vitamin E 0.0 %
  • Calcium 0.0 %
  • Copper 0.0 %
  • Folate 0.0 %
  • Iron 0.0 %
  • Magnesium 0.0 %
  • Manganese 0.0 %
  • Niacin 0.0 %
  • Pantothenic Acid 0.0 %
  • Phosphorus 0.0 %
  • Riboflavin 0.0 %
  • Selenium 0.0 %
  • Thiamin 0.0 %
  • Zinc

That's for one single blueberry mini muffin, BB.

Most market muffins are anywhere from 6 to 10 oz. ....
So, that means that each muffin from a market is AT LEAST 6 times the calories, fats, sugars , etc of the one on that chart.

And, you ate 2 today.....

do you see where I'm going with this?

Now , understand that you have to burn 3500 calories to lose 1 single pound.
Figuring that, on average, most of us would burn around 300-500 calories a day doing some form of exercise, that's anywhere from 7 to 10 days to burn off 3500 calories with regular exercise and no extra food over and above what it takes to keep your body healthy.

Are you willing to give up all other food for 7 to 10 days to burn off the calories from those two muffins? You wouldn't be able to. So all of those calories are now being stored in your body as fat.

Now, the choice is up to you. It's back in your court.

huggs
k

Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

beautifulbuffalo replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I HEAR YOU!

totallywiggedout replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
BB,
I don't want any of what I print to sound "mean". Ok? I'm just trying to give you some information that I think might be useful to you going forward with your journey.
As we all are.

I guess, what I'd really like to know is what is driving your choices?
Let's take the muffins first thing and the cereal bar the other morning... are you making these choices because they are ready made, easy to grab on your way out the door because you are running late, or find it easier to eat on the run?
or
Is it because you have a sweet tooth first thing in the AM?

Forcing yourself to look at how you feel when you grab the easy items that are more unhealthy than , say, an apple or fixing a sit down breakfast or any other meal or snack, could make the difference in your journey.
If you aren't eating because you are hungry, then you need to stop and give yourself some time to reassert control over your emotions right then... not after you eat something you'll regret later.

Also, did you know that your body can't distinguish between thirst and hunger? All your body knows it that it needs "something". As overeaters, we have conditioned ourselves to constantly feed the body with food, instead of hydrating first.

Always have a gallon of water on the counter with a clean glass next to it.
If you are on your way to the fridge, or the cupboard for something to eat, drink a full glass of water first.
***** This includes and is especially important first thing in the morning, because you have gone so long without hydration, that your body is screaming for that "something" which you think is food , and isn't. ********

It is also important to realize that it takes 10 min from the first moment something hits your stomach, before it registers in your brain.
That's why you need to eat slowly, and chew well... not just gulp things down. You can eat a ton of food in 10 min only to find that you have already overeaten without realizing it because your brain only just then had caught up to the fact.

Drink that water first thing.... munch an apple as you get around.... only THEN if you are still hungry, reach for something else... but try to make it pure protein. You got your fiber and the natural sugars(carbs) from that apple, so have a hard boiled egg, a cold leftover skinless piece of chicken, or some ff cottage cheese or yogurt. The apple will provide energy for now, the protein for the rest of the morning and the water will help the fiber in the apple fill you up and move things along in your digestive tract.

hydrate first, then healthy food choices.... it works.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim
BB is not ready to change her eating habits , I had many false starts for the same reason I thought I could exercise and eat what I wanted it didn't work ...I did that for years before I figured out that my eating habits were killing me ...
she will have to get ready before she will accept help
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Hi BB. It maybe easier to change one or two things at a time rather than trying a major overhaul on your eating. Like tell yourself for breakfast you are going to have oatmeal and fruit.

Or switch the diet sodas to water.

Or try to get all of your fruit/ veggie colors in every day. One thing that you know that you can do.

I started out with cutting out the fast food/ delivery. And tried to build from there. It you follow this board, you know I still really struggle, but I am never going to quit. Each day presents a new chance to be healthier. Some changes I have made: drinking more water and a lot less diet soda. Going from white pasta and rice to wheat pasta and rice. Eating lean meats and a lot more fresh vegetables/ fruits. I still raid the Halloween candy when I am upset and have a binge sometimes (I don't know why I do it) but don't give up. Pick your one thing and go from there.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

foodadvenger replied to beautifulbuffalo's response:
The exercise is great, but to loose weight you have to really change those eating habits, or do twice the exercise.

If you don't eat right you are doing yourself a injustice even if you are exercising. I walk a lot and ride my bike, but if I don't eat right I don't gain weight, but I don't loose none either I maintain it.

So to loose, I have to eat right and exercise. I hope I am making since.

Steph

Did you find that calorie calculator?

blondie454u responded:
You're getting great advice.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Now that my daughter is 19 and busy with college, work and her boyfriend, I feel like it's time to focus on myself. I am 43 and I REALLY want to g...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.