Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hey hey hey! I hope no one's forgotten about me :/
tristaj90 posted:
How is everyone doing? I have been away for a few months. I don't know what's going on with me these days. I have been working out still almost daily but more often than not I'm gaining weight. I've gained around 8-10 pounds since the end of May and had reached 145.8 again.. I am now back to 142.2 but realllly want to get back in the 130s. I started up dailyburn.com's free trial and some of those work outs really KICK YOUR BUTT which is what i need. The first day I went on there I started out with this Tabata exercise and my arms were sore for a week! lol.

My eating has been out of control. I like too many sweet things. I love fruit snacks (and so does the little boy) but when we buy them I end up eating like 10 packs a day (and at 90 calories per pack...well, you know).

It definitely is hard to feel like you can allow yourself to eat a bit more but really in trying to maintain you do have to have more days of lower calories than higher.. My weekends are what kills me. I focus too much on getting stuff done around my house so I don't end up actually grabbing my dvd or going to my parents to do elliptical.

I recently bought a 2-in-1 machine (bike/elliptical) for my house because I can't afford a gym membership and there's no gym in the town i work or live so my husband allowed us to get that machine and we'll also be getting a treadmill. I am so excited and hoping that having that equipment will help me get back down.

Hoping that Christmas comes and I'm back between 130-135 like I want to be

Today I'm going to a chiropractor for the first time since I was pregnant (and when I went then it was the first time in 3 years). They scare me a bit but my hips have issues where they pop when I walk. I feel I'm too young to have joints popping I wonder if working out so much has ruined my body!! lol. I'm hoping that getting an adjustment will help release my joints and relax my muscles so I can feel better and be more flexible when I exercise.

Next step is to check out this spa that does full body wraps. I'm curios to see if they actually work. There have been people who go in and get great results. Apparently between the creams they use and the fact you're wrapped head to toe for 2 hours and kept extremely warm helps release the toxins and tighten your skin? It's worth a try to me because I have a lot of loose skin and can't afford surgery (I wouldn't want surgery anyway).

I get my top wisdom teeth pulled on the 11th and probably won't be able to eat too much for a few days so maybe I'll see the scale move then! Maybe it can motivate me to work harder!! (I realize that it's all water weight but seeing the scale go in the right direction helps me try harder to keep it going in the right direction).

SORRY FOR THE RAMBLE!!!
I HOPE EVERYONE IS DOING WELL!

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
(my family is going as pirates! aaarrrgggghhhh!)
~SW 234 CW 142.2 Would like to reach: Goal 134~
Nothing worth having was ever achieved without effort.-Theodore Roosevelt
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Glad to see you back! Sounds like you're getting back on the right track. I did a lot of research on those wraps because I was considering it myself. I didn't like what I found. You have to keep doing it in order to keep the results. I can't afford to that for the rest my life. Between using different oils such as coconut oil and lotion twice a day and drinking lots and lots of water. Also eat lots of foods that help with skin and hair. All this as been helping. I have lost several inches of loose skin by doing all these things.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy responded:
Hi Trista check in more often it does help when maintaining
It has been a while since you were here
I am glad you are doing pretty good it is too easy to return to old habits and regain you did catch it before it got too bad so thats great
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

tristaj90 replied to jis4judy's response:
Thanks for the encouragement! I really dislike this time of year. We have Halloween, my son's birthday, Thanksgiving, and Christmas. i definitely need to get back on here more often and keep myself accountable with my weight. Last year I lost around 20 pounds still through this time of year. Hopefully I can lose the 10 I need to this year. My mom thinks that my body LIKES to be 140 and that's why I sick around there..

tristaj90 replied to blondie454u's response:
yeah I have read about that with the wraps also. According to the spa that does these wraps where I live, the "inches lost shouldn't return unless you gain weight". We shall see. Even if it's temporary, it may help me refocus on my goals..

abnersmom responded:
Hey Trista, Welcome back. Good that you are back on track before things get too out of control. The holidays are tough. Halloween doesn't bother me because I'm not a sweet eater, but Thanksgiving and Christmas are another story. I plan to do this year as I have for the past two years and have my planned indulgences so as not to feel deprived, but get right back on track the next day.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

foodadvenger replied to tristaj90's response:
Nice to meet you Trista! Steph

tristaj90 replied to abnersmom's response:
I indulged a bit last night and was up 1.5 pounds since yesterday (though I am also going through my pms now) and so I'm getting back on track today and through the weekend in order to try to get back down to the 141.8 i was yesterday morning.. Thanksgiving doesn't bother me much unless my grandma makes her awesome sugar cookies again.. and Christmas is my biggest issue lol.

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome back Trista,
Great family portrait, hope your not taking out our wisdom teeth to loose weight lol... Your son must be 2 now.
I need more of your feedback that you need mine. You have done so well in the last year. Seeing people succeed and continuing there quest is of great help.
huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 202.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

mefirstforever replied to mefirstforever's response:
hey hey Trista you son and I have almost the same birthday mine was yesterday.

tristaj90 replied to mefirstforever's response:
yeah my son's birthday is on the 27th He will be 2.. I can't wait. And no, I'm not taking out my wisdom teeth to lose weight, though I can't deny that "resetting" by not being able to eat very much due to pain isn't a great benefit to it? I have been told for years that i need the wisdom teeth out, just too afraid to do it. Thankfully the top 2 are out enough that I can get them removed without being put under. I would rather be awake for it.

mefirstforever replied to tristaj90's response:
Hi Trista,
I had all 4 taken out two at a time around 35 twenty years ago. They where not out and I was not put to sleep but alot of tog war. The only thing that bogged me was that I have now a indent in my chicks it makes like a shadow. Otherwise a few days in bed with ice and tylenol.
But I`am shure with the newer technique you will have no problem.
God I love babies your son is so adorable
Huggs
helene

tristaj90 replied to mefirstforever's response:
Aw thanks Helene

Definitely hearing about your teeth experience helps me feel a bit better. I'm hoping that I'm not in too much pain. But if I survived a c-section I think this will be easy peasy compared to that.

jis4judy replied to tristaj90's response:
welcome back Trista glad you are doing ok
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to tristaj90's response:
Two already?? Jeeez...wasn't he just born, like , yesterday?
I cannot believe that just last year you joined to lose your weight before his first bday, you lost it in good time and were off on your new life....well, welcome back. I'm sorry you have repounded a bit , but at least you are catching it before it gets too far out of hand. Good for you.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well, my name is Mardee. I am 22 years old and married to my amazing husband for almost 3 years now. And here is my story. I used to be thinner than...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.