Skip to content
continuity
parakeet210 posted:
what makes you tick? to have continuity in things you do? wether it be work or weighloss

gym or yoga

tell us what you want from your weight loss??
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

foodadvenger responded:
I like it all, from swimming, to yoga, to athletic training, to cycling with the kids, walking my neighbor hood, tennis, running bases at the parks with kids, it goes on and on...I am down 5 pounds now after 2 .5 weeks and doing more exercise and watching the food intake. I never gain, but stay the same, so I have changed my eating habits back to the way they were before I had kids this last time around. That pregnancy weight is a challenge.

Steph

jis4judy responded:
Ok Tweet my reasons for starting what I call Judys Nutrition Quest is based on my effort to give my body the nutrients it needs to heal itself .. That's what keeps me on my journey it is a process to keep my body as healthy as possible . a never ending quest
that includes daily walks some weight lifting sometimes yoga
But always good nutrition
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Keet. I try to stick with is bc I feel better physically and mentally when I move and eat right. I have more energy and a more positive outlook usually when I do what I need to do.

Mostly from my weight loss, I want to move better with more stamina and more agility. And more and more I want the health benefits of a lower weight such as lower BP and a lesser chance of diabetes. The older I get the more important these things are to me.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

blondie454u responded:
I simply just love myself now and it's something I want to continue.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks. I do feel much better when I'm being active. I've done so many more steps this week than I thought I ever could even do. Very out of shape. I'm waking up from a messy decade!!lol

I do hear ya on the more stamina, less chance of diabetes, and also all of the health benefits. Judy I know you've told us about the macular degeneration and how its so not hounding you.

Everyone had all the best reasons!

THNAKS

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

foodadvenger replied to parakeet210's response:
got a step o meter today at wal-mart for 5 bucks. Hubby wanted to get in 2,000 steps a a day recommended by Dr.Oz.

I hope he is surprised! steph

mefirstforever responded:
First to live healthy and live to see grand children... Of course be able to do all my activities without resting every 15 minutes would be an acheivement.

Judy, I`m reading a book on food .Readers digest Healthy food and danger foods A to Z guide to heathy essentials. Anyway I got to antioxydants and they specificaly mention could stop the degenerative macular disease.
Vitamin c 500 mg
vitamin e 400 ui
beta carotene 25000 ui
zinc 80mg
copper 2mg
Well you are the living proof that this work and you did it on your own. Just by adding fruits and vegetables to your diet. And I am sure this is the tip of the iceberg.
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 202.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
thats right helene
you can help your body heal itself by eating healthy foods
you can get so much vit a from a sweet potato
the key is not to overload it with things to make it less helpful
I thank the internet because I may never have read about the healing process through food choices without it
hugs judy no caps today I have a sleeping baby dog on my lap as I type one handed
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to jis4judy's response:
Thank u Helene and Judy for the reminder...been off track recently during this healing process with my arm. Fall gives us some great affordable veggies - so I need to make a trek to a grocery store.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

parakeet210 replied to ladylavender's response:
I admire each and every one of u!! It sometimes takes a lot of courage IMHO toq get thru some of the food challenges! And exercise too!

Thru ur dedication I get a stronger constitution! Great thread

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

foodadvenger replied to foodadvenger's response:
lol, that was 10,000 steps a day. I think it equals around 3.5 miles. Steph

totallywiggedout replied to foodadvenger's response:
Steph,
Your guess is a little low. Here's the reality of 10,000 steps
You start out, I'll be right behind you..... I promise

10,000 STEPS A DAY
"10,000 steps a day - pedometer walking program, walking routine, beginning walking, beginner walker"
How many steps do you walk each day?

Maybe you have heard the recent guidelines about walking 10,000 steps per day. How far is 10,000 steps anyway? The average person's stride length is approximately 2.5 feet long. That means it takes just over 2,000 steps to walk one mile, and 10,000 steps is close to 5 miles.

A sedentary person may only average 1,000 to 3,000 steps a day. For these people adding steps has many health benefits. I have outlined the basic 10,000 steps program, but also added a commentary below.

A reasonable goal for most people is to increase average daily steps each week by 500 per day until you can easily average 10,000 per day. Example: If you currently average 3000 steps each day, your goal for week one is 3500 each day. Your week 2 goal is 4000 each day. Continue to increase each week and you should be averaging 10,000 steps by the end of 14 weeks.

Wearing a pedometer is an easy way to track your steps each day. Start by wearing the pedometer every day for one week. Put it on when you get up in the morning and wear it until bed time. Record your daily steps in a log or notebook. By the end of the week you will know your average daily steps. You might be surprised how many (or how few) steps you get in each day.

There are many ways to increase your daily steps. Use your imagination and come up with your own list: [blockquote>
  • Take a walk with your spouse, child, or friend
  • Walk the dog
  • Use the stairs instead of the elevator
  • Park farther from the store
  • Better yet, walk to the store
  • Get up to change the channel
  • Window shop
  • Plan a walking meeting
  • Walk over to visit a neighbor
  • Get outside to walk around the garden or do a little weeding
  • [/blockquote>
    Continue to track your daily steps and/or mileage; and keep notes on how you feel, how your body is improving, or other changes you are making to improve your health.

If you are in very poor physical condition or at any point you feel that you are progressing too rapidly slow down a bit and try smaller increases. If you have any health concerns seek your physician's advice prior to starting or changing your exercise routine.

Notice: We have outlined the standard 10,000 step program because so many people ask about it. This is a good program to help get people motivated, or to get sedentary people moving. It is however our recommendation that most individuals fit 30 to 60 minutes of dedicated walking (or other exercise) into their routine at least 3 to 4 days a week. You can start with as little as ten minutes per day and gradually increase your walking routine.

huggs
    k

Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

foodadvenger replied to totallywiggedout's response:
    KIM? I think it depends on your leg length and stride. I may walk the block, it's a half mile, and count mine as a walk and see what I end up with and wear his o-meter thing and see if it looks accurate or at least close.

You got me thinking too! Steph

justmejust responded:
    I want to walk around in a healthy weight and fit body, and to feel and look healthy so I can live to a very, very old age (I have a remarkable neighbor and friend, Zelda, who is 102 living in her own apartment, has many family and friends, been on her own after her husband passed, and a second husband passed, and has the mind of a 20 year old:)), help with my children's children one day, and to be able to always take care of my own body, teeth, hair, joints and all!

Huggs,
    Laura
    Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello. Im a 26yr old mother, wife, and full-time employee. And I am extremely over weight. Approximately 102 lbs to be exact. I feel terrible about m...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
    In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.