Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Halloween Fun
rohvannyn posted:
Okay, I'm going to make a thread about non-food fun today. Halloween is a big candy day for me so I'm going to focus on all the fun I can have without thinking about the eating part of it.

My other favorite thing about today is all the costumes. I like seeing them and showing mine to people, always have. This year I have a good one. I work in a mail order pharmacy (one of the really big ones with call centers all over the place) and a problem we often have is doctors writing unclear prescriptions.

So this year I went as... Doctor Squiggle! That's the doc who writes really illegibly. So I'm wearing nice clothes with a lab coat over it, and a stethoscope around my neck, and a "hello, my name is" sticker with an unrecognizible squiggle. I also made a prescription pad that says my name is Dr. Bernadette Squiggle, MD, DO, DDS, PITA. It says my office is in Confusion, Arizona, and my office number is "outdated" and my fax number is "your guess." On the prescription pad it says to take an apple twice a day orally as needed with three refills.

It's all good fun. The office is decorated incredibly and there are a lot of costumes today. You might even say it's... eye candy...
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

rachael2011 responded:
What fun, Roh. Great costume. For me, I am not in dressing up anymore, but I am really hoping that lots of kids come to the door all dressed up in their costumes tonight. It's my favorite part.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rohvannyn replied to rachael2011's response:
I used to love that. I used to have an old house with a big front porch on Main street of this little one stoplight town, and it was awesome seeing all the costumes.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to rohvannyn's response:
Sounds fun! We went to the fall festival the other night. I was the 4 food groups. I wore a box decorated with vegetables, and a brown bag on my head that said the 4 food groups. The kids have been studying that at school. I don't like Halloween, but I love all the dressing up kids do. We do it year around. Steph

parakeet210 replied to foodadvenger's response:
Roh!! FuNTImE s!!! Thanks for the share
My husband and I enjoyed our trick n treaters!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 responded:
AWESOME ROH!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Roe,
Sounds like you had a great time. You should have seen me at Wallmart last week of course there where candies everywhere. Well do I not grab some peanut butter reases for my son LOL...

Well after walking all over the store with my reases in the cart. I left the cart there and walked out. This was my NSV last week. It took 30 minutes of inner fight but I won!!!
Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 202.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

rohvannyn replied to mefirstforever's response:
Now that's an NSV! I have a really hard time passing up good deals. I have to remember that the pain and bad health isn't a good deal at all.

The doctor costume was a hit and I had a lot of fun too.
Roh

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy responded:
hi roh
I love the costumes too the kids are a joy to see on Halloween
I love your doc squiggles idea
so glad you had some fun
hugs judy typing one handed
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to mefirstforever's response:
Yay Helene!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi I am Misty. I Live in Arkansas. I have two great kids and a awesome husband. I am 26 years old and finally getting to go to college. I am a Big Gir...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
62 of 77 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.