Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Surgery
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Thinking of having the gastro by pass. I'm going to talk to my Dr. when I see him in 3 weeks. I know I still have to eat right and exercise. Has anybody had the surgery before.
BB

foodadvenger responded:
I don't know much about it, except you have to be in good health over all, to be a good can dent for that surgery. I have a brother with high internal blood sugar. He is 6ft around 350 pds. They will not let him, he is high risk, they would not want him to die during or recovering from surgery. I would research that here on web md. Steph

ladylavender responded:
Hi, BB. Please check out the thread "23rd week post op" below or search in this community "PinkIsNancy." She tells it all.
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.