Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
BLUECLOROXQUEEN
bluecloroxqueen posted:
oK, I KEEP SAYING THAT TOMORROW I WILL START THIS LIFE STYLE CHANGE, WELL TOMORROW IS HERE. HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WILL EAT TODAY, BUT PLAN TO USE THE Y AFTER WORK. ALL I KNOW AS FAR AS FOOD IS COFFEE, BLACK, CREAMERS HAVE SUGAR OR THE NO SUGAR ONES HAVE CORN SYRUP OR FRUTROSE SO WHY SAY NO SUGAR. WORKS THE SAME. I HAVE THINGS TO DO AT LUNCH SO IT WILL BE DRIVE THROUGH. SNACKS, ARE A SUPPLY OF PROTEIN BARS, DO NOT KNOW HOW GOOD FOR YOU THEY REALLY ARE, BUT BETTER THAN CHOCOLATE. OR LEFT OVER CANDY. WISH ME LUCK TODAY, I WILL POST WHAT I ACTUALLY ATE TONIGHT.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Blue
the very best place to start a life style change is in the grocery store . in that store learn to read the labels if there are a ton of ingredients in something don't buy it ,
eat things like fresh fruits and vegies lean meats in proper portion I mention that because some of us have portion distortion problems
low or fat free dairy I get my fats from nuts in moderation.
we have a rainbow challenge going so check it out we list our foods in there there isn;t much quicker than a 3/4 c serving of raisin bran with fat free milk in the morning ..
add an orange and your full for a few hours ...
focus on natural foods and avoid take out drive thrus and processed foods
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom responded:
Welcome blue! Judy has given you great advice. Most of us log our foods in an app (WebMD or fitday.com - there are many more) to keep us accountable for calories and nutrition. Planning meals ahead is an essential part of this journey. Last minute meals can be disastrous. Focus on eating unprocessed food, whole grains and fresh fruit and veggies. I cut out most white carbs myself and even in maintenance only indulge in a white potato occasionally. I don't do smoothies or any type of "bars" just because I like to get my nutrition and calories from real food.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

foodadvenger responded:
welcome, Steph

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

bluecloroxqueen replied to abnersmom's response:
I did discover the WebMD site this morning and planned out my day. I will be sitting down with it later tonight to plan my week out, but when in court it is hard to do regular meal plans, no refrigeration. Also, I have dental problems so carrots, and other fruits and veggies get hard to do. Hopefully that will be over by the holidays. I usually have been doing a maintain, not gain during the holidays, but while that works, it does not lose any weight either.

foodadvenger replied to bluecloroxqueen's response:
Some ideas: low calorie, done prepared.

Tuna in water meals, it has crackers, tuna, and a mint!
turkey, cheese, cracker, and miniature candy bar meals for kids.
fruit cups with cantaloupe, pears, or pineapple
pre made salad with light dressing
subs
tacos
homemade pizzas, chillis, meat loaf, soups
bake that fresh fruit , like cook 5 apples in the oven and then for work all week you can take one for dessert, just bake it with a little honey or cinnamon over it.

If you do lots of cooking on the weekend and pre pack all your food in zip locks you can grab it and go during the week. I do that, so I grab something healthy instead of something like a bag of chips or candy bar.

be ahead of the game, you go to court prepared to win, same thing with eating!!!

Steph

mefirstforever replied to bluecloroxqueen's response:
Welcome Blue,
I don't know if this will help but there are great smoothies recipes that include all the veggies and fruits require for the day and all you need is a magic bullet. I know that a lot of ladies on this board use to make them every day.
here is the link to the recipes the group had put together I saved it under my discussions to follow:
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523
Also you can make cream of carrots or leeks or broccoli just add a potato and onion season to taste all you need is a hand mixer and voila. all your vegetable need.

Individual Soya milk snack packs make a great treat with protein and no cholesterol. Or a piece of cheese or apple with peanut butter.
Good luck
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 202.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I've struggled with weight issues all of my adult life. At 37, looking back on all of those years of waisted time-I can never get back. I feel for...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.