Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Doesn't believe in me
beautifulbuffalo posted:
Steph, I haven't been giving you my daily intake of food for you to access because Judy doesn't believe in my and I don't want people to read about me if they can't help me. I weigh 254 lbs. and 80 of those lbs are from medicine that makes you gain weight. We got that all straighted out so I'm not taking those medicines anymore but losing the weight is a struggle. It was nice getting feed back but I don't want someone to read soemthing they don't want to or don't believe in. GOod Luck.
BB

jis4judy responded:
hi BB it really doesn't matter what I believe it matters what you believe .. If you were serious about changing your eating habits you would not be buying muffins and the like
you would read labels and make better choices I was the same way before I changed I used the fact that I exercise as the excuse to eat muffins and other non healthy foods I Did That same thing.. so I Challenge you to pay more attention to nutrition and calories use something like fitday to log your foods to get the info you need to nourish your body and control calories
I really want you to succeed!
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 responded:
BB! I hear the frustration and anger in your voice and I understand. This is a hard process and we all want positive reinforcement when we post our food diary because its hard to lay it all out there for everyone's comments. I have felt the same way at times. But you also have to see that Judy is our CONSCIENCE on this board. She tells it like it is because she has completed the process and sticks around to help because she can see the truth of it all. We have all gotten to this weight by the process of denial. And we are all really really good at denial by now. One Larabar or even 2, no problem in my case because I tell myself they are all healthy ingredients, but the truth is too many calories. I know that, but I don't want to hear it because I'm not ready to give them up. A muffin, no big deal, until you are really really ready to give it your all. Judy is reminding you of where you can make the cuts when you are really ready to get the weight off for good as fast as you can. Listen to her, but try not to take it personally. She's only here to help when we are ready to hear her.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
One more thought...when we post our food diary we see how far we have come toward healthy eating compared to what we ate before we joined the group, and we want applause because we see our progress. Judy sees how far we still can go and is here to point it out to us. We NEED HER even if it stings . Hang in there BB!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

foodadvenger responded:
Yeah BB, don't worry about what others think always, if you did you would go crazy. Just take small daily steps and have fun with and laugh at yourself and the next day try again, that's all any of us can really do. Love yourself no matter what, and remember we can change, it takes small steps in the right direction. It is like a child they start out rolling, crawling, pulling up and then walking.

We are the same way we have to have patience, be kind to ourselves and others, and move forward. I emotional eat, so I stocked the frig with sugar free jello. If I get hurt, upset, angry,I I can eat 12 of them cups, and still gain only 60 calories...LOL..best idea I have ever had for someone like me!!

A friend said try healthy emotional eating so that is what I do now. Remember you are a warrior so you have to take care of yourself mentally and also physically.

There is a old saying I heard...opinions are like buttholes...lol...everybody has one....but you don't have to take it all in!!! Just think I teach Sunday school and typed that but I want you to get the picture!!!! When I go to church I feel like I get slapped in the face sometimes, but it was good for me. It helps me be more open minded about things I can work on or change about myself. Same with peoples opinions. It is just different point of views.

Steph

mefirstforever responded:
Hello BB you don't need anyone to believe in you You have to believe in yourself that is all you need.
As for what we right, nothing must be taken personally we are all at different time in our heath quest.
I also took medicine that made me gain 30 pounds Sybelium for migraines. But at the same time what i put in my mouth at that time mite not have been the best thing for me. I did not have the tools to cope.
Changing our mind set when we go grocery shopping is difficult. At the beginning I did only the outer isle. Fresh product than meat and milk egg and cheese and bread and run out. Try not to go in the other Isle. I haven't gone in the soft drink and chip and candy Ilse for ages even before I started to loose weight.
Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 202.4 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
BB,

You've gotten some great advice on this subject. I am just going to say that I felt the same way about Judy but I had to change my mind before I could accept the help she was giving me. It wasn't Judy's fault. It was my fault for not listening. This process is like anything in life. You want to change it then don't do what everyone else is doing. Everywhere you go you will see obesity rising. Maybe when you talk to those people they will tell you that they have tried dieting and exercising and it didn't work. Trust me I used say the same thing. I wasn't eating the food that our bodies need. We are natural beings that are suppose to eat natural foods. This is how I look at food now, If God didn't originally put it here for us to eat or make it with ingredients that come from His earth then I shouldn't eat it. This world is corrupt because of mankind. Don't you think the food would be too? Think about it. Think all the drugs out there, illegal and legal. Don't you think God wouldn't think of all of our ailments and put something here for us to help heal us naturally? All the disease in the world is worse than what it was even 20 years ago. Why is that? It's because back in the 80's I think NIxon allowed food companies to use chemicals in our food supply. In other countries they don't allow these chemicals and preservatives. If they don't allow it then we should really considered what we are putting in our mouths. Unfortunately we here in the U.S. have to be more careful by reading packages and being more choosy. Yes it's tedious but it's worth it. This is your life and well being you have to consider. No it's not fair that America gets by with it and other countries don't but we have to live in this country so it's up to us to change it. If we spread the word of what our food really contains and be informants maybe in large numbers we can bankrupt the food companies that are killing us. Again Judy doesn't think you can't do this. She knows you can. She is just being helpful and sharing her troubles with you that she had in the beginning. I had the same issues. I am still finding things out about the food I eat and changing all the time. It's an ongoing process that you will have to do for the rest of your life.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 53 and obese! I wasn't an obese or even an overweight person on childhood, my teens or on my early adulthood. I'm an emotional eater ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.