Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
November goals
rachael2011 posted:
I have been stuck ranging from 277-285 for months and I need something to jump start my weight loss again. I tried the overeater's anonymous but making the meetings just weren't practical due to the distance and days of them. So I have decided to incorporate 2 new goals just to mix things up a little for me. I want to focus on health and things that I enjoy so my 2 new goals are to 1. find and try a new, healthy recipe every week and 2. to mix up my exercise to include going to different parks as well as different gym exercises. (Of course I will continue to track my food and try to eat as many unprocessed foods as possible. And to drink my water too). I want to be ranging in the low 270's by Christmas.

Does anyone else have any goals to help motivate them?
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure
FirstPrevious12NextLast

blondie454u responded:
Rachel,

My goals are to keep moving. I love life and I especially love outdoors. If I could have a portable gym to always workout outside I would. I would also move to a sunny place. I manage to run in the mornings and evenings so I can enjoy some fresh air. I want to give my body everything it needs in order to enjoy life. I don't want to be immobile at an early age.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

foodadvenger responded:
Seems to me Rachel you are stuck in a rut. That is what I would call it anyway. With diet and exercise, you should be dropping a few pds a month anyway.

The more stress us woman have the harder it is to loose weight.

The changing up exercise is a great thing. I get bored with a tread mill or just walking at home. I got to 3 different parks here in town. I also if I go to another town to shop, doc appo, or what ever. I try to walk in that area somewhere it is very refreshing to have a change of pace.

Carbs and sweets is your worst enemy food wise, if u emotional eat like me, or vinge eat. By sugar free jello, it is my favorite, already made, and stock the frig till that feeling passes. Fruit is great too, sugar free candy is great too, and sugar free gum.

you may be bored with what you are eating so it may be hurting your progress, the trying new meals is a great option.

Some fun music might help, dancing around the house is good exercise, and it is great for mood. Rocking robin, less do the twist, have fun with it.

I eat bigger lunches and less supper, and then a snack later in the evening, yoguart, frozen yogurat ice cream, fruit, chess stick, something about 100 calories. I flavor just about all my water also with sugar free flavoring, so I don't get border drinking water. I bet I got 40 different flavored water packs in my cabinet. I just put them all in a gallon zip lock.

Your heart rate<<<those 4 minute intervals would do you a world of good, were you do a few exercises just 4 minutes different times through out the day to help your heart rate stay up, so you burn more calories, if you don't burn calories, you don't loose weight. 15 jumping jacks, 15 toe touches, stuff like that for just 4 minutes.

you tube has a world of exercises you can try like that, I get great ideas there.

Hope this helps Stephanie

If you can pin point exactly what is holding you back? you can then fix it!

abnersmom responded:
Great goals Rachael. If you find some good recipes, share them with us! think we all need to tweak what we are doing from time to time whether in weight removal or maintenance.

My main goal for Nov. is, if the doctor sets me free tomorrow, to begin running again. I never thought I'd say this, but I miss it. It is so empowering! It's been 6 weeks and I know it will be like starting all over again, but hey, I did it before and I can do it again.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
yes Rachael great goals and do share if you find something good that can be a part of your healthy plan
I love trying new stuff now I used to be very picky but I am less picky now .
My goals are to keep doing what I am doing to maintain
and hoping I don't overdo on thanks giving
and keep my focus on the health benefits

Steph a lot of sugar free things have artificial sweeteners in them they aren't really good for you ... and too much can give you the runs especially sugar free candy
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, even if something happens, like an accident or something that hurts you, you will bounce back better because your body is stronger and more flexible than if you didn't do all this exercise. It's not for "future immobility" it's also a good credit in the bank for the unintended mishaps that happen.
You are right to do it now. Most of us waited too long, got arthritis or had major accidents that have set us back almost to the unrecoverable point because we didn't take care of our "younger" bodies when we should have.

Keep at it kiddo. It truly is worth every little effort in the long run.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

totallywiggedout responded:
Rachael, you are focusing on doing different things to keep your initiative. That's the biggest part of this journey. Ruts or Plateaus are the biggest speedbumps we will encounter. We just have to keep pushing ahead. Even if we can't get over the stupid thing right off , we may be lucky enough to wear it down to a flat surface that we can run on , lol

Just keep tryng new things. Keep it interesting and keep it real.
Drink even more water as winter approaches. Winter and Summer are bad for drying out our bodies.

huggs
k

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
My goals for November, are to get back on track.... I had even stopped drinking enough water over the last few weeks....I actually got THIRSTY a few times, which is a real no no.

so,
1.More water every day
2.Daily activitiy to keep the doldrums away and my arthritis in check, I had been skipping exercise up to 4 days at a time and was so much in pain by this last weekend that I was losing sleep
3. Lose my "freshman 10" from Michael's cancer scare.
4. I will post at least once a day here on the Community board, I lost track, lost my way and now, I'm coming back home to you guys. It's scary out there! lol

huggs
k

totallywiggedout responded:
Rachael and the rest of us strugglers and stragglers,
read this and the pages that it goes with... seek the answers to your questions with this guide.... it's free and you don't even have to send for anything, just keep clicking and browsing the links.... I discovered a great deal of information, here, that may be useful to us.

http://www.motivation123.com/motivation-articles-04.html

huggs
k

foodadvenger replied to jis4judy's response:
yeah, I here you on that fake sugar stuff, but I have a major sweet tooth, so until I get a good handle on it, that is my go to..lol.....Judy you are just tough...I am not back to where you are yet, but moving forward daily! Steph

parakeet210 replied to foodadvenger's response:
My goals r: do p.t. For body ice n heat 4xs a week Go to pool once or twice a week Continue to walk as much as I can n do the 10,000 step program I signed up for a week or so ago Broke the creamora habit and using 1/2 1/2 Now I need to concentrate on eating a rainbow

Rachael. Good job!!

So encouraged on this thread
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet, do you like grapefruit? I was wondering, because I've taken up with eating about a 1/2 of one at every meal and it seems to be doing something to satisfy my sweettooth. Maybe it'd work for you too??

huggs
k

rachael2011 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Awesome site, Kim. Thanks!!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

blondie454u replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's true too!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

shelsangel responded:
Been gone for a while, real busy and things are starting to get going again. Now just waiting for date of Mother's knee replacement to be put back in. Was schedule for Nov 30 but 28th she started vomitting and running fever. She's feel much better today. My goal is to get my big rear end moving more, just so exhausted by the time I get home. Seeing doctor on Tuesday 11/12/13 for a physical and going over medications. We will be having a major discussion on my part about what else to change in my diet and arthritis pain. Keep up the good work everyone. HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

Spotlight: Member Stories

I was always skinny. Worked hard at it. Then 20 years ago, i met my husband. I've put on 70 lbs since then. I've tried different diets. I real...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.