Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
article about phasing out trans fats
jis4judy posted:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health-science/trans-fats-to-be-phased-out-fda-says/2013/11/07/80cfc8be-47c4-11e3-a196-3544a03c2351_story.html

I have been avoiding the trans fats for the last decade finally something is being done to get them out of the food supply the big problem it is gonna take 10 years from now to get it done

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
That's good news, just 50 plus years late in the effort to correct trans fat use for human consumption. I read years ago how completely damaging trans fats are to the body and it left a huge impression that I am forever thankful for, but also sad that all of us consume any trans fat, much less an average of 5 grams per person per day.
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
Thanks for the information Judy!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

foodadvenger responded:
yeah I seen that on the news. We must be watching the same thing. It is taking them long enough. If we had markets like other countries were you could by fresh fruit and vegetables a few times a week, we would not have all this food catenation. I think this has to do with a lot people being sick in the USA.

Steph

abnersmom responded:
Yes, Judy. It has been too long in coming. I posted something about this on FB and a couple of people take issue with the government about this. I don't get it when there is absolutely no reason to have trans fats in foods and they do not occur naturally as we know. Remember those dyes they removed from foods and toilet paper years ago? This is the same thing to me. It's a good thing people!!! If you want the freedom to eat chemicals, they're still out there in abundance.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Hi Deb seems crazy that anyone would take issue with this only the manufacturers would . or the tea party people that want all regulations removed from the government.
the manufacturers all want to be able to sell us anything even if it poisons us ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
The food industry isn't about protecting its consumer, its about greed.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
Well I'll try this one more time. I couldn't agree with you more Amber!! Its always about the almighty buck
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to abnersmom's response:
Hahaha, Deb! Yes, if you want to eat chemicals, dine at the hardware store! I'm sure Ortho has some Round-up in your favorite flavor! I am cracking myself up
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I weigh 362 lbs, and I feel helpless and hopeless with this weight. The profile pic. is my skinny picture. Then I got sick and all the weight came bac...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.