Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
deseeding polmagrants, what all can I do with these?
foodadvenger posted:
Roh you might know? I am deseeding a bunch of palmogrants, going to go buy more, hope they help my immune system, what all can I make with them. I put some in jello earlier and ate it, any idea's?

I am 40 and just ate my first fresh palmogrants, amazing!!

rohvannyn responded:
I just eat thim as the pips, by the handful. You can juice them, you can put them in bread or muffins, you can sprinkle them on fruit salads, you can put them in smoothies, you can sprinkle them on yogurt, you can have them in oatmeal or on cereal, you can do pretty much anything you can with berries.

My favorite way to open them is to get a big kitchen bowl, and a plastic shopping bag (like a grocery bag) next to each other. I cut a slit in the top of the pomegranate and kind of split it with my hands over the bowl. Then I tear it apart in sections and brush/pick the seeds out, putting the pith and skin in the plastic bag as I go. That way I don't miss any seeds, the juice drippage is less, and it's a little faster.

Congrats on the pomegranates! They are tasty.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

foodadvenger replied to rohvannyn's response:
Roh, my baby boy says he don't want them in his blue berry muffins..lol..he didn't like them straight up, but he gets hidden things a lot. All my kids do. I will try them in everything you mentioned. They were not hard to pick apart. I was impressed at how many seeds were in one pomegranate. I told hubby I am gonna feel up some freezer bags full of them, so I can add a handful to stuff I cook here and there. I pre cut, celery and onion, and freeze it, so all I got to do is grab a handful and add to soups and stuff. They remind me of cranberry's a little, kind of tart, but in a good way! Steph

jis4judy replied to foodadvenger's response:
I love Pomegranate I just eat them plain
They are a bit messy but I like them a lot it is worth it
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

foodadvenger replied to jis4judy's response:
I put them in my yogurt last night, and again in jello for desert. I really like fresh Palmegrant. I am buying a bunch today to freeze soon as I get to Wal-Mart. My teen said yuck, but she will like them in muffins and smoothies I am sure. Especially if she don't no there their! Amazing what kids think they like and don't like. I love my crock pot for that very reason. Steph

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello everyone today I came across this website and decided to be A NEW ME! I will need your help so if you have any for a newbe like can you share? T...More

Helpful Tips

8 Habits for Successful Losers
This Article from Readers Digest has great habit tips. Some you may already know .. you just have to keep reminding yourself from time to ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.