Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Trying to keep up on posts
bluecloroxqueen posted:
I just want to say hello to all. Weighed in on Monday and had lost 9 lbs since dr apt on Thurs. Problem was I weigh naked, he weighs with all my clothes, hiking boots, etc. Either way, I lost weight. I am trying hard as heck but that chocolate keeps calling my name. I am trying to eat gluten free, when it can be found, have reduced my starch intake, and also no white sugar in the house, but how safe are the stevia products and truvia? I bought a pair of pants a month or so ago that are too small, started to return them, but said, no, I will lose enough weight so I can wear them. Trying them on later tonight as they are unhemmed. Love to you all, and continue your fight one day at a time.

jis4judy responded:
yes one day at a time that's how this journey goes
( pounds is pretty good even if your clothes and boots were approx. 5 of those pounds . The best time to weigh is first thing after visiting the potty in the morning before you eat or drink anything
so you did lose some weight congrats I am Happy for you
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

foodadvenger responded:
I wouldn't care at all what the other scale says with the hiking boots and cloths and all that, long as you weight in the morning once a week, and you can see it coming off.

Them chocolates call my name too in different languages....MOM...Stephanie....and so on..lol...I buy sugar free chocolate that helps so if I get the craving.

Steph

abnersmom responded:
My primary care physician and the surgeon I saw scales are both different from mine. I weigh naked at home and clothed at both dr.s so mine weights are different everywhere! I just go by my scales at home.

Keep up the good work and I'm not sure about the stevia and truvia, need to google that. I try to stay away from most artificial sweeteners. It's better to have just a tiny bit of the real thing, I think.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

justmejust responded:
hi bluecloroxqueen, congrats on the pounds lost. Since I weigh at home first thing in the morning I track my weight with that. I have already weighed by the time I get to dr. office, so I know it is usually around 3-4 pounds more depending on the clothes. I take my shoes off now, and try to wear somewhat lighter clothes when I go to dr. for checkups.

I have some truvia and stevia and have heard they are healthy to use. However I prefer using honey and cinamon instead of sugar substitutes. Except when it comes to chocolate, etc. then I consume those the way they are.

You'll get into those smaller pants in no time with that weight loss! You and me both need to cut out that chocolate. Humph!:-{

Huggs,
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello all, I'm new. I've been obease my entire life, except for a brief 4 year period when I did some drastic eating and exercising. I'm n...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.