Skip to content
reason
jis4judy posted:

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

justmejust responded:
Thanks Judy, woke up this morning thinking about the time I gave up making art to work and raise my children. I'm feeling sad this morning. Yes, I know my children are my greatest works of art/ accomplishments. Not sure I accomplished them as best as possible either. Sorry, very emotional.

My oldest will no longer be a teenager soon. He'll be 20 May 10, 2014. He's making his own decisions now, and it's challenging. Sniffle. And my marriage has been a wave of mediocrity, minuscule ups and some big downs. This morning my life feels like a big down. 8(

Lost my mom 20 years ago, don't see my brothers very often. Son and his girlfriend who love each other are in different universities so made heartbreaking decision break up this second year of college. Sorry friends.
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
It's ok to be emotional!!! It's telling us things wen were in this state. I've felt this way too. Everyone ends up going to other places and it leaves us sad. My son is 28 and lives in another state far from me. He doesn't very often communicate w me. I've been real sad about that but in all I raised him to be self sufficient so Ihe is Mission Accomplished. It's hard for us moms to give up our children It's ok hon just for today feel the feelings and be in the moment w them and tomorrow draw some conclusions. Eventually we move on.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy replied to justmejust's response:
Hi Laura
when My kids were becoming grownups I had an emotional stage too it is hard sometimes to let go ...I also had a similar thing with art since my eyes got bad my art suffered
it is now too late to do anything about that . So I have to look for art in other things like artfully preparing my meals looking at the way the light hits the trees in the Fall
just appreciating nature while I walk I find this calms me some
It won't be long before you have grandkids maybe in the next decade
believe me decades go by fast and grandkids are the best .
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Laura I think how you were feeling when you wrote this is temporary. I hope you are feeling better by now because you were looking through smoky glass at your life. It happens to all of us from time to time and I'm glad you were able to vent those feelings here. You weren't seeing yourself clearly at all. You wrote several days ago that I was special, well right back at you friend! Many of us women have had to make choices regarding career and family and all we can do is our best. No one can have it all all of the time. You ARE AN AMAZING ARTIST and the beauty of that gift is that it doesn't diminish when you take time off to raise those ungrateful wretches we call our beloved children. LOL. You can still be the next Grandma Moses. If your children are growing away from you and making decisions without you, leaving their relationships for reasons of practicality, then that's evidence that you are a TERRIFIC mom who has done a wonderful job of making independent, thoughtful, responsible little adults. Hooray Laura! It hurts, but that's how you know you succeeded! Cheer up because you have kicked butt in this weight loss group and you have changed your life with the gym and the new job. In fact just reading how fabulous you are is going to make the rest of us reach for the chocolate hiding somewhere in the house! So wake up in the morning smiling because LAURA IS THE BOMB!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust replied to mog1026's response:
Thanks Kathy, Judy, and Keet, if I am not mistaken you are each at different stages of parenting which is giving me a well rounded view of what I am going through and more of what lies ahead. Thanks girlfriends, I hope it's okay for me to call each of you that? I watched "Salmon Fishing in Yemen" on DVD tonight, and hubby came in and started watching it with me. We both unexpectedly liked it. It had some subtle humor. Maybe it's the weather tonight. It's a pretty evening and I put the window ajar as it has been cold but tomorrow will be in the 70s. Oh, there has been a gentle on and off rain today and a gentle breeze. I am still a little melancholy. I think it might stick around a while. Will try to post a picture of my son and his sweetheart in a little while.
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
Kelsey and John, 2013
Laura

justmejust replied to justmejust's response:
By the way, my 16 year old daughter is an artist too. Her high school drawing for or city newspaper 100 neediest cases was on the cover of its section earlier this week. Here is her drawing:
Laura

Wow Laura your daughter is really good I can see emotion in that face love it
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Laura, John and Kelsy are adorable and they look impossibly YOUNG! It will be good for them to see other people and who knows, they may come back to each other. Your daughter has inherited your gift and/or you are teaching her well. I hope she is looking at art schools for college
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, your son is handsome. His age is a tough one - grown up but not. Your daughter is so talented. You are blessed!

I had a difficult time when my son went to college. Then he married and gave me my 2 grandsons. The lived with us when they were small and we bonded tightly. About 10 years ago, they moved 3 hours away. My heart was broken not to be able to see them almost everyday. Gradually, I built a life not centered around them and still have maintained a close relationship with them. It was tough but it was good for me. I was too enmeshed with them. Every stage of life brings different joys and different challenges. You'll figure it out.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

parakeet210 replied to abnersmom's response:
HOLY COW Laura!! Son is handsome. You still have some influence in your sons' life. We always have influence I believe. Don't know how I have this sert on bold. once we get married and we het attached to another woman other than our moms ...........well need I say more. it really is ok to mourn a bit and then get back up.
I've been sore at my son as you read. Im over it after 3 days. He's wanting to only get strokes from us because he apparently isn't the man he yet wants to be?? I dunno. My job is just to be there when I can and be supportive with love. he may change? he may not? acceptance is for me and I have to do the changing cuz I can't change anyone else. It hurts sister! Yes i'm there with ya. Take care of you!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
Also, That drawing of your daughter is amazing!!!! I've been in ithe art world for a couple decades painting and drawing and my sis was a great artist. Your kiddo has talent!!!!!!! You must be a very proud mama! You done good kiddo!!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Wowie a nice looking couple your son is handsome
Hugs Judy

blondie454u replied to justmejust's response:
Laura,

I am in agreeance with what everyone else is saying. They are making their own decisions as independent adults. My teenagers can't even make a decision on their own. If they do it's not really something in their best interest. I know they will someday if we keep doing what we are doing. I actually can't wait until they do. Not because I am in a hurry for them to grow up but they are so dependent right now it scares me sometimes. I just have to sit back and and just wait and keep on encouraging and pushing. Even if I do fail at the end it's not because I didn't do something right, it's because they didn't listen to me or my husband. They have to fail in order to succeed. I used to be so worried because all they do is fail but eventually they do learn. You're great mom and a very lovely lady that has a great talent. Keep plugging away, you're doing GREAT!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been battling my weight since I was 3 years old. I have been on many diets and with many agencies and doctors. I am looking for support and ide...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.