Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
1 year anniversary
abnersmom posted:
Hi all,

I'm celebrating my one year of maintenance anniversary! I'm actually not sure of the date but it was around this time. I could search my old posts, but I'm not patient enough. Just taking a moment to pat myself on the back and thank all the folks along the way who have supported me. Wow! I still look at myself and am surprised sometimes.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

parakeet210 responded:
Do you have your before picture? Congrats Debbie!! What an accomplishment!! You give me h
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

parakeet210 replied to parakeet210's response:
HOPE

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy responded:
Congrats Debbie your first year is a milestone
just don't forget how far you have come and keep the momentum going
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Debbie it is over a year on your profile it gives the date you started here 09/27/2011 that what it says on your story page
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

abnersmom replied to jis4judy's response:
Well, it took forever but I did find my post when I reached my goal. Trouble is it only says 1 year ago - there is no exact date. I can't believe I didn't write it in a journal or calendar somewhere! Learn from my mistake folks; write down the date you reach your goal! I did remember it was right before Thanksgiving and I was right about that. If I don't find it, I'm declaring today the day lol!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
well Debbie lets declare that Nov 17 is your maintainance anniversary I didn't write mine down either so I have no idea when I started maintaining approx. a year after I started My Nutrition quest

Hugs Judy

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
That sounds like a great idea to make today Debbie's one year!! Congratulations to both of you!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

blondie454u responded:
Good for you Debbie!!! You have done a great job!!!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Holy Smokes Debbie and Judy! I guess that means you both got all that weight off in ONE YEAR! Wow. I didn't think you could do that short of surgery. Boy am I a slacker. Is that the secret of who gets to maintenance?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy the eating a rainbow is great but you should cut some of the non healthy foods as well that will help you remove weight .. Yes Kathy in the start of my journey I was removing approx. 10 pounds a month it slowed down to 8 then 6
the first 3 months 10 pounds a month then 8 for 5 months 6 fpr the rest of the first year . the reason for my good results was that I was focused on nutrition and getting the junk out of my eating habits .. that's what it takes ...
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Wow Judy. I am reading this after I wrote the last post. I am hearing you loud and clear.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 responded:
Debbie and Judy, I am so glad that you guys are here to encourage and help us on out journeys. You both are inspirations. Sorry, I am being mushy! Congrats, Debbie!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Thanks everyone.

Kathy, It took me almost a year and 6 months. I did have planned indulgences, but I've got to tell you that I was so focused on this that it was rare. Judy started with the nutrition. I started with a "diet." After I joined here, I got on board the nutrition part and that really changed my whole outlook on food as being fuel for our bodies.

Everyone's journey is different. It was important to me to stick with it until I reached my goal. Some people may need to do it differently.

jimbo0629 responded:
This is so great, hope to be like you one day.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I have been off and on the band wagon for several years. This year I turned 30 and instead of living it up I've been dealing with health issues. I...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.