Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Decisions
mog1026 posted:
"It is in moments of decision that your destiny is shaped". Tony Robbins

I just read that and I am thinking about it. I am adding that thought to my discovery that Debbie lost about 100 lbs in one year and I am struggling with 25 in 10 months. I made the decision to get this weight off on January 15th but somewhere in the middle of the year it got too hard. I slacked off. I stopped doing EVERYTHING I could. Oh I made some progress because I eat better, but I eat way way way too much to get healthy again. I need to make some new decisions. Some better, stronger decisions. And I can't wait for a challenge. I will never succeed if I don't learn to challenge myself. So here I am, challenging ME to do better for the rest of this year. To eat LESS. To MOVE MORE as best I can. To keep a POSITIVE ATTITUDE. To NOT GIVE UP on myself or engaging with the world around me because when you are unhappy with yourself it's very easy to hibernate. So I welcome all encouragement, and you have permission to kick my butt from time to time and I will try not to cry. Thank you Tony Robbins, but especially thank you DEBBIE and Judy for showing me what can be done in a year.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

rachael2011 responded:
Nice post, Kathy. I have no doubt in my mind that you WILL do this. Do give yourself credit for all the changes you have made. That's a good springboard.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

abnersmom responded:
Kathy,

You are ready to do this whether you know it or not. You wouldn't hang around here otherwise. You would disappear like so many others have done.

This is hard. This is life changing in every way you can imagine. This is so worth it. YOU can do it!!!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:
Hi Kathy I am proud of you for challenging yourself when we challenge ourselves it is a good thing because being challenged by someone else is using their input this way you get to do it yourself . there is no reason that you cannot weigh and measure yourself make better decisions in food with out a Challenge by someone else/ I think of my journey as molding a better me
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Yay Kathy nsv in my mind!! U ratted ur self off to us n came to a realization that will enrich ur life! That's huge!! Everyone has made some big contributions here in this community. Wat club name did u call them? Or corporation? U gave me a huge realization too! Thanks so much!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
That was JAD Corp, Tweety! And Judy, Amber and Debbie are the Board of Directors. I tried harder yesterday and did better but not good enough. But I got a reprieve because when I got on the scale this morning the battery was dead! Do you think I killed it?
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

blondie454u replied to mog1026's response:
Well the battery just died but it could be a sign to let you know the scale doesn't matter now. You matter. Focus on getting the foods you eat right. Focus on getting a routine down that works for you. Focus on the changes you need to make on this journey. Focus on the inches you're losing instead of the number on the scale. Focus on getting good rest. Not sleeping well is a big contributor for weight gain. Basically there are so many other things to focus on than a number. You're doing great so keep it up!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber has great ideas Kathy,, because water weight can make us heavier and other things too I don't believe in weighing every day. I weigh once a week. The nutritionist said that naturally our weight can fluctuate a couple lbs every day. I think that's why I (part of the reason) that I struggled so much with the challenge last time. Being aware is half the battle. Ur doing great! Hang in there
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

My name is Cassie. I am 21 years old. I need to lose around 80 lbs. I am getting married May 28th 2011 next year! I really would like to lose weight b...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.