1/2 C old fashioned oats a tad less than 1/2 C
51 craisins estimate
2/3 C ff milk
1/3 C sliced thin apples
1.5 walnuts
1/4 T honey

cinnamon unmeasured
a few drops vanilla

Dinner plans will be Baked chicken breast again with zucchini and maybe brown rice with mushrooms

snack plans are pomegranate
or apple with peanut butter
The usual evening yogurt and berries with gg crunchy pecan

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 responded:
Judy I'm excited to hear about ur oatmeal. I'm going to make that soon! All of the cinnamon and other ingredients sound wonderful!! Wow and u lost weight too!! Fran (keet)
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rachael2011 responded:
Good morning Judy and Keet, and everyone else that comes on.

The scale gods must be smiling today. Weight was 281.4.

Breakfast was 1/2C oatmeal w sugar free Hersheys syrup. I am out of fruit so that was it. I will hit the grocery store soon so I haven't decided the rest of my meals yet.

My plan for the diet soda is doing good. I am down to 3 cans a day. Believe me, that is an improvement!

Everybody have a good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 281.6 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Did CPR on the bathroom scale and put in new batteries. It was a mistake. I should have let the old witch die! I got very shocking bad news. I hadn't weighed myself at all this month. My weight is way way up. I would like to write the number but I just can't because it hurts too much. I'm ashamed of myself. I wrote it in my journal which I had abandoned on November 4th after using daily all year. Sooo I need to find some balance in my life and I'm just not there. Today I will eat a large apple. I will drink even more water. I will count my calories. I will have an egg for one meal because I seem to do well with those. Sob. Choke. Oh and some exercise.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

abnersmom responded:
Congrats to Rachael and Judy on the weight loss. I, on the other hand, weighed in at 154 this morning. EEEEK! I know that it's all these meals I have been eating out lately and not having much time for exercise as well. Kathy, you and I need to get our butts in gear today.

Breakfast: the usual oatmeal, etc.
Lunch: 1 C homemade chicken noodle soup
Dinner: boneless skinless chicken breast, broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
Snack: 1 med gala apple

Exercise: I will get a walk/run in this afternoon.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy It is so easy to gain weight I am just 1 decision from an all out binge and start gaining again I have to fight my demons every day ... I am not sure if your signature is helpful
It appears that you are afraid that you will die if you don't eat a lot . Have you done any soul searching to see where the problem is that is keeping you from staying on this journey ?
I do know why I was addicted to sweets especially Ice cream
when My Dad hit the number ( gambling ) we would all get a 1/2 Pint of hand packed Ice cream flavor of our choice that stayed in my mind as all is good when having ice cream it became my go to stress relief never really fixed anything just made me fat ... I am number 7 of 8 children so that was a lot of ice cream 10 people including Mom and Dad a lot of joy

I can remember that now without needing the fix it took a long time and steady nutrition ..
so don't worry about how long it takes just make better choices every time you get to make one the time will pass anyway so make your health a priority

Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to rachael2011's response:
good job Rachael getting that soda down maybe someday you can eliminate it altogether. good job on the lower weight too
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Keet yes that oatmeal is very tasty
I start it with little water in the pot just enough to cover the craisins that where I add the honey and cinnamon vanilla
then add milk then the oats when it is cooked to consistency stirring often I add in the sliced thin apples at the end and cover let sit 5 minutes spoon into bowls top with walnuts chopped

It is yummy
Hugs Judy

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Oh Debbie eating out a lot and less exercise is a lethal combination I am sure you will get a handle on this soon
that's why I rarely eat out maybe 2 or 3 times a year
I am thankful I am going into the holidays with my weight down a little gives me wiggle room LOL
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I AM IN GEAR Debbie! My breakfast was that big apple, a good start.

Judy my signature says that if you eat a greedy amount of food and don't exercise any self-restraint (which I have been doing) you may not realize that you are causing your own death. It's something I use to remind myself that this journey is life-saving. Gluttony has been a "deadly" sin for a long long time.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Judy, I have tried to understand what my demon is but I just don't know. I have always loved sweets. I was a skinny kid and young adult so I never developed any self-restraint. I was middle aged before I realized I was in trouble and my taste for sweets was well entrenched. I realize that most adults lose their taste for them. None of my friends and family, not even my kids, have ever cared about sweets one way or another. I wish I understood what causes my desire. Is it a physical thing or psychological or both?

Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to mog1026's response:
Hi Kathy I was a skinny kid too I didn't gain significant weight until menopause hit along with my Mother passing.. that's when I gained the weight 100 pounds over a years time because I was feeling empty inside tried to fill that emptiness with sweets
I did gain a few pounds in my 30s but quickly removed them
it was my 50s that did me in .. losing my Mom left me feeling empty like the center my self was missing ... that gaining and trying to lose weigh then regaining lasted 10 years it was an idea to change the chemistry in my body that worked thats why I push nutrition ,,,
Hugs Judy

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Here is the plan for the rest of the day.

Lunch was 1/4C mini prunes and a salad bar salad w romaine, carrots, tomatoes, cucumbers, celery, onion, mushrooms, feta, bacon bits and chicken with a fat free ranch dressing packet. Oh and a couple of those marinated mushrooms. Got my rainbow in w that salad!

Dinner will be lighter w a weight watchers sweet and sour chicken dinner w 1 1/2 C broccoli mixed in.

Snack will be a banana.

I didn't do exercise yesterday due to just laziness . Am fighting that again today and am determined to get out for at least a half hour walk today in a hilly area.

rachael2011 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I was just thinking about you and wondering if your day was going better than this morning.

You know, I just wrote 2 paragraphs of ideas and then deleted them because at this stage I am sure you considered them all. Just know we are here for you. You know if you keep plugging away eventually it's gonna stick, little by little. I think that it's important to find things about this journey that you really enjoy like places you like to walk or healthy foods or even journaling some of the habits that you have already changed.

mog1026 replied to rachael2011's response:
Thanks Rachael. You're a good friend to think about me. Here's the truth. I don't think it is going better. I am feeling very emotional...upset and teary. Like something awful is about to happen. I'm not very happy with myself or the world around me. I'm not sure how I could go from being so incredibly happy at the end of October to how I feel now. I'm generally on an even keel. I am finding this time of life to be more like the teenage years than any other. I am sure that it would be easier if I was happier with my weight. It would be one less issue I could cross off the list.

Food wise I haven't gone off the rails yet. But I never do during the day. I don't snack at all until after dinner. I know that I shouldn't do it but I still do. I honestly can't tell you why. I have tried to snack healthier, but it still is too many calories.

I went back to using my food and weight journal this morning. It helps to make me feel some control even if the numbers aren't what I want. I did discover that I love fruit smoothies and I had never had one of those before this year so that's a positive. I hope you are right about the plugging away. I am going to keep trying. BTW, I always want to hear any and all ideas because you never know when something you've read a thousand times may change your life on the thousandth and first time.

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

Starting at 310 lbs, 48 years old, diabetic w/heart issues, I have chosen to go the route of Bariatric Gastric By-pass surgery on April 24, 2013. My p...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.