Skip to content
words of wisdom
jis4judy posted:
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

FirstPrevious12NextLast

parakeet210 responded:
Another wise quip you've landed here Judy and OOO so TRUE!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi tweety here is another one I love these

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
yummo! I checked the bottle of medicine I take and sure enough no grapefruit. Man I did buy one last week and ate it It was so good I love fruit and veggies.

Judy do you think you can make a mental illness go away by eating right?? I would really like your opinion on this. Anyone else who decides to add to.

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
I think you can effect the symptoms of anxiety and depression with dietary changes and exercise. I have my doubts about anything else. Some mental illnesses require pharmaceutical intervention.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
But then again I'm no expert and science finds new medical solutions every day. I would never give up hope and I would try every type of healthy eating possible. It can only help!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

jis4judy replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi tweety I think it depends on the mental illness I do know depression is helped by exercise especially walking
I am sure it won;t do any damage to eat as healthy as possible
so why not give it a try . One thing I do know eating healthy for one day will only get you started it takes continued effort to make real changes in health of any kind ..
Hugs Judy

abnersmom replied to parakeet210's response:
It does depend on the mental illness, but one of the side effects of a healthy consistent diet along with exercise is that your self esteem improves! That would have a positive effect on most mental illnesses. However, Kathy is right, there are some mental illnesses that require medication - Bipolar and schizophrenia for example.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

parakeet210 replied to abnersmom's response:
yes I would have to agree with all said here. I do take an antiphychotic as I have severe depression and some times with phycosis
as well as other things. Ive become way more active since I joined here. I messed up my foot yesterday so i'll have to really skimp on food this weekend cuz I can't get around very easily.

THANK YOU EVERYONE FOR ANSWERING!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

abnersmom replied to parakeet210's response:
Hi Keet, hope your foot is better today. Take care.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

parakeet210 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thanks Debbie. I actually put my slippers on this morning and am warm for a change. I'm try some walking with husband this day! Using my walker cuz I can't use a cane on left arm.

Have a Fantabulous day!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

blondie454u replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet,

I always have saying that I like:

"Eat good foods, have good thoughts, Eat bad foods and have bad thoughts".

Yes everyone is right it won't cure some mental illnesses but it won't hurt to eat healthy and see if it works and exercise! I always a show call Hungry For Change. They stated that sugar was addictive as cocaine. Well cocaine can make do some crazy things. Well with all the hidden sugar in our foods these days, sugar probably can make you do and feel crazy things just like any other drug. Who knows, I maybe wrong.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

parakeet210 replied to blondie454u's response:
I love what everyone is thankful! It grows hearts. Amber we are what we eat
Hi I'm Keet and I'm a sugar addict! No kiddin! I just think it would be a whole lot easier if my husband wasn't always sabotaging me! That's ok tho I've just got to ignore the food that comes my way from him. At least dd is here to eat some of it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think eating, exercising, using our brains effectively, spirituality, helping others, forgiveness of ourselves and others,
and so much more!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make us the best person we can be!! Don't forget to breathe too! we lock up when we have stress so BREATHE THRU IT..............................
THANKS AMBER! AND EVERYONE!! KEEP ON THAT THANKFULNESS.

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

rohvannyn replied to parakeet210's response:
That's an awesome question, Keet, and I hope your foot feels better soon.

I totally agree that some mental illnesses need professional help and sometimes medication. However! I have noticed in my own body and mind how much difference my diet makes. It seems sensible that if you give your body the right vitamins and minerals to function, it will do a better job healing damage and working properly.

It also makes sense that certain things, like preservatives for example, could even cause mental issues. The brain can be somewhat sensitive. My spouse goes absolutely nuts if she eats wheat, for example. Massive anxiety and paranoia. If she doesn't eat wheat, that doesn't happen. If I eat high fructose corn syrup, same thing.

I'm not saying that all mental problems can be traced to our diet, but a clean wholesome diet seems like the best way to support mental health, and may even help you need less medication.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
Thanks for the advice as well Roh. I'm def. going to talk to pdoc about this issue. Right now because there is SO MUCH BAD FOOD IN THIS HOUSE (husband and daughter cause this) I've decided if I can maintain my weight for now i'll be doing ok. I went to the pool today and worked out in water 1 hour! It was a really good workout too!
I've not done a good job at my food culture today! I'm really feeling like i'm fighting a downhill battle. sabatoge everywhere I look!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

Well isn't that just great!? I joined the wrong Dieting Club community. I should have joined the 100+ lb community, but instead joined the 50 - 10...More

Helpful Tips

Sugar: All you need to know
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/kristin-kirkpatrick-ms-rd-ld/dangers-of-sugar_b_3658061.html?utm_hp_ref=mostpopular More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.