Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Morning Rainbows, Wednesday Nov 27
totallywiggedout posted:

Judy is taking a much needed vacation from her rainbow challenge, but I know that most of us will miss the Morning Rainbow. It brought not only the reminder to eat as many colors as we could , but also brought color, brightness and cheer to our day.

We don't appreciate Judy near enough. She's a true Godsend.

That said, I hope she has a wonderful Holiday and rests up as needed.

I'm precooking what I can today , so it'll be busy as , well a one legged man in an a**kicking contest.
Pies and twice baked potatoes are getting done early to free up the oven and relieve some of the tension of Holiday Cooking. If you are doing the same, I wish you Good Results in your endeavors.

Remember to cut fats and calories where you can.
Use Defatted or low fat chicken broth making those mashed potatoes and stuffing instead of butter and add apple sauce to the stuffing too, to add taste interest , moisture and another rainbow color.
If making Cheese cake or stuffed mushrooms, cut the fats by using ff cream cheese or neufchatel.
Use ff sour cream and ff cheddar for those spuds too.
Every little bit helps.

If you make smarter choices in what goes into the dishes, you will undoubtedly have an easier time stepping on that post Holiday scale.

Best Wishes and all my love
huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 176.6 GW 135

Adapt what is useful, Reject what is useless, and Add what is specifically your own.----Bruce Lee

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

mog1026 responded:
KIM IS HERE AND ALL'S RIGHT WITH THE WORLD! . Good advice friend and I'll add Miss Piggy's advice: NEVER EAT ANYTHING YOU CAN'T LIFT! Make that your Thanksgiving motto and we should all be good for Friday. xxxxxxoooooo
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
I love the Care Bears. Thanks Kim for helping Judy out!!

I'm on a sabbatical.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Nononono Tweety ....no Care Bears on a regular basis! My children were born in the 80's. I spent years in Care Bear Land, Care Bear movies, and we even had our own Forest of Feelings somewhere out in the yard! I longed for some dry, witty, twisted humor. Ronald Dahl was my salvation.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I hate spell check.. That was Roald!

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
O so were my children. They actually didn't get stuck on anyone thing cept my son ninja turtles. Lol. So who is Dahl,, they are a plumbing supply house here in Colorado and also a tile distributor. Lol

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet,
Two of Raold Dahl's more popular books were " The Fantastic Mr. Fox" and "James and the Giant Peach". You have probably heard of "James" as it was made into a fairly big movie in the early 90s.

My personal favorite for twisted humor was Norton Juster's
"The Phantom Tollbooth" . But I'll still watch "James and the Giant Peach" about once a year on Netflix. lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
james and the giant peach sounds familiar. Never saw it tho.

Now i'm intrigued by both! i'm a book hound in many respects love stories and will collect something in books. Just haven't decided.I have a lot of self help books.

well good night. you've done a great job of getting back on track emotionally and physically with the weight! Keep on keepin on Kim! Hats off to you!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
OK, so I got engrossed in the 007 movies last night that are running consecutively on whatever channel it was,

Was watching the credits and lo and behold, Raold Dahl popped up as having written the screenplay......
hmmmmm , gotta say i was shaken and not stirred about this so I googled it.... here's what I found.....
Kathy, btw, did you know this about your fave wicked humor author?

Roald Dahl adapted You Only Live Twice

His eyes were Vermicious Knids
A friend of the late Ian Fleming, famed children's author Roald Dahl was the second choice to pen the screenplay for the James Bond film You Only Live Twice after Harold Jack Bloom's script didn't work out. Both spy and children's lit connections seem to fuel this interesting choice of a Bond-screenwriter. In what is one of the most bizarre pieces of trivia ever, Ian Fleming's contribution to the letters of humanity includes the canon of 007 AND the children's story Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Dahl also wrote the screenplay version of this one, but things get a little creepy when you consider James Bond was sometimes referred to as "Mr. Kiss Kiss Bang Bang."

Bond, you really should read Matlida. It's tremendous.
For anyone who knows more than a little bit about Roald Dahl, his forays into non-children's literature are significant and memorable. (Read the short story "Royal Jelly" now!) But with You Only Live Twice, Dahl offers a Connery-era Bond film that is essentially by the numbers. However, some of the dialogue isn't as riddled with groan-inducing puns as other Bond outings. When Blofeld's main goon falls into a vat of piranhas Bond simply says "bon appetit" like he's just phoning in a diss. Oddly, some of this makes You Only Live Twice play out like a Bond parody. Is this Dahl's fault and intention? Or did his particular brand of irony accidentally turn You Only Live Twice into some kind of Bond ouroboros? Whether it was intentional or not, the self-awareness seems to be there. One thing is for certain, of all of Roald Dahl's plots, this one makes the least sense.
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

ausgram replied to parakeet210's response:
Keet, your from Colorado? Where? So am I.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
I'm a native. You've been here since 62 right??
I love Colorado. We're not gone very often but when we are and come back it sure is nice! I'm in Littleton where u?

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi, I have been reading discussions and need all the help I can get. I am 66, work sedentary job as med transcriptionist at home in very rural Utah, a...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.