Skip to content
a litlle bit of rainbow power
jis4judy posted:

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram responded:
YAY Judy, your Rainbow is back. Thank you. Its going to be a good day.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
yep Aus I got so much done this morning I am ahead on the Christmas stuff the tree is next

Todays breakfast

1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
2.8 oz strawberries RED
1/2 medium grapefruit Pink
1 prune purple

I have a good start o my rainbow today

My weight is another story however I did weigh but oh it was 153.5 I gained 4 pounds over thanksgiving I am sure it is mostly water weight from the different foods
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
You know what Judy. Your brave. Why am I so scared to admit that I gained a couple pounds? I didn't even weigh today cause I didn't want to have to post here that I gained 2 lbs? is there something wrong with my mind? Thanks Judy, you know that really helped me.
Sooo, getting ahead on Christmas, huh? I sorta am. I took down all my T/G decos and dug out my C-mas towels and table cloths. That's a start. ha ha. Love you Judy, thanks for being soooooo real.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Ive been getting most of my rainbow as you saw on turkey salad. I've been privy to desert. I'm going to try to leave it alone today. yesterday I had judy's super deluxo oatmeal!
this morning 2 pieces protein toast and sugar free marmalade.
2 cuppa w/ 2 cream
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 254.2 GW 170

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, I really like that sorta Rainbow post. Good pics.

Speaking about water weight and/or bloat.
I was looking back over everything I fixed for Thanksgiving and only the mini twice baked potatoes had any sort of onion in them. Called for chives and I used green onion tops. I know this is a "so what" situation, but honestly, I rely on onions to "season" my foods quite a bit of the time.
I have to say that I didn't experience any of the gassy bloat that I normally do from a big meal. I always chalked it up to the ham or the fat laden gravy or whatever, but now I know (or think) differently.
The big plus was the ability to taste how all the different spices and herbs I used melded together so perfectly in each seperate dish. Instead of everything being heavily onion or garlic flavored.

Yes, I'm still ranting over how good that Brussels Sprout and Apple dish was... but I ate it all.... and I miss it, lol

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I made that brussel spouts today with apples candied pecans , I didn't have any fresh rosemary So I sprinkled some dried rosemary on it
I cut the butter in half used 1 T olive oil
and used honey in place of the white sugar it made the nuts all stick together but after they cooled I broke them apart the biggest problem I have with that recipe is the amounts of butter oil and sugar being added I used an empire apple
It was good but when I added in all the add ins it was high in calories for a green vegie I am thinking it was designed to be a meal not a side dish . it was yummy even with my scardy cat changes.
Hugs Judy

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy,
Most of these recipes come from regular foodie sites, not focusing on caloric intake. I just find and pin what looks especially good and can probably be altered to accommodate someone's specific taste and lifestyle.
Changes in sweeteners, like honey or pure maple syrup for white/brown sugar would be left totally up to the users disgression. Same with butter and fats. If you prefer to use butter flavored spray plus a little olive oil instead of 2 pats of real butter and grapeseed oil, then by all means, try the recipe as you see fit.
I am an experimentor in the kitchen , myself, and usually do some exchanges to most recipes (mostly out of sheer necessity for overly expensive items or stuff I forgot to buy)

Recipes , like life, are meant to only act as guidelines. The way you make them or live it, is what defines your individuality and passion.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Hi Kim I loved eating the brussel sprouts that way and hubby was crazy about them ... I did use some butter spray too
well the best thing about that recipe was brussel sprouts usually cause some gassy situations this did not give me gas so the apple maybe helped being cooked with them
I will make this again Hugs Judy

Spotlight: Member Stories

(see my response to Andie's blog on Committing to Committment 4/3/11)

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.