Skip to content
My weight gain... Post PTSD
An_254548 posted:
Hello Group,

I am sure I gained the majority of my weight prior to finally being diagnosed with PTSD (Disabled Military Veteran). I was constantly eating due to depression and anxiety issues. I would eat when I was sad, happy and all of the in between. I was known for my coke bottle look and now I am still shaped like a bottle just not a coke! lol Anyway I guess I will have to get out more and get to walking. Since I have had two children and one that passed. That did not help me out much really in the depression comfort eating department.

jis4judy responded:
Hello first I want to thank you for your service !
I am assuming you are a usa veteran
losing a child is probably the most difficult thing to deal with I have no experience with that but I have children and could not imagine losing either of them .
I do know grief can feel like huge part of you is missing I felt that way when My Mom passed I gained weight for a few years after her passing,, It took me a while to get the idea I was doing harm to myself and my family by not taking the measures needed to make myself as healthy as I could .
eating for nutrition is the way to go ,,fueling your body with all it needs and no more than that will get you where you want to be ,,
welcome aboard
others will be putting in the other stuff you need to think about
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Like Judy, I commend you and appreciate you on your service. Thank you.
Also, very sorry to hear that you were injured and that you have lost a child. Depression from either would be far from inexcusable. Just make sure that you give yourself some time to "just breathe" every day.
Many of our members write down what they are thankful for. Journals or this discussion group can be your sounding board for dealing with the daily stresses that might be standing in your way of getting to a healthier weight and lifestyle.

Share with us your weightloss goal and how you plan to achieve it. Walking is a great way to start and stay fit and can easily be done with your child, significant other or friends. The more the merrier when it comes to fitness.

Congrats on taking the first steps toward better health and welcome aboard.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

elmac37 responded:
I suffer from Borderline Personality Disorder. I also have a lot of anxiety and depression, so I empathize completely with you!

I thank you for your service.

Have you tried keeping a log of your eating habits, whether on here or in a physical journal you can handwrite in? I feel like being on this site helps so much!

I have problems with losing my motivation sometimes, though. I don't know if you can relate. I am very excited about something, then after a week get uncaring, so I am looking for help with that.

Good luck with everything. Sorry to hear about your loss, too!

abnersmom responded:
Welcome and thank you for your service to our great country.

You have a lot to deal with so I'm not surprised that you struggle with depression and anxiety. i hope that you're getting some professional help and medications.

So glad you have joined us. Logging your food will definitely help keep you honest with what you are actually consuming. Make small changes that you can live with at first. This is a lifelong journey so there's no rush - every healthy food and exercise change you make is a step in the right direction.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard and thank you for your service! My husband was prior Air Force. Also sorry for your loss. I couldn't imagine ever having to go through that. You've come to right place to get help and support. Everyone has given you great advice.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

ausgram responded:
Thank you An for your service. I have 2 grandsons who are Marines right now.
You hang in there and we are here to help you. You will get threw this. And Keep walking. They say it helps with the depression.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi Folks: This is a first.....not the diet process, but being online seeking support in my weight loss endeavours. I will be 60 in September. I want t...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.