Skip to content
Trying to lose 80 pounds. Looking for exercise I enjoy!
elmac37 posted:
I am new to WebMD. I had an account before, but rarely used it, and decided to create a new one and stick to it today! I am super excited, especially since I am sticking to it well so far!

My problem is, is that I can't find an exercise I enjoy and/or want to do. I have nothing but time, so much so that I could work out for hours at a time and still have time for myself!

So, I guess my question is... what helps you get motivated? My motivation is not so much on point right now, either.

Thanks!

jis4judy responded:
Hi elmac37

My motivation is a healthy body I strive to have my body as healthy as possible ... walking is my favorite exercise
when I watch my Patriots play I do jumping jacks for each point and 10 extra for a win . It is also good to do some weight lifting building muscles can help keep you at a healthy weight . Yoga is also good to do for flexability
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi elmac, welcome to our community.
Losing weight is approximately 1% decision and 99% willpower, lol.
You gotta make yourself do the things that are going to help you for approximately 36 days straight. Every day. No excuses. Then you know what? It becomes a HABIT. Mental habits take somewhere between 20 and 42 days to come to fruition. Once they do, then you won't have to make yourself do it anymore. It'll bother you if you Don't do it.
36 days.... not so much when you think about it. Right?

Ok. Here's our community link to some free downloadable exercises that some of us have found , tried and liked enough to share.

http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2753

There are also some fantastic tips and recipes on our community "Resources" link found at left of page.
Sign onto the 50-100 lb community and just clik and scroll through our discussions there. (you have to click on our resources though, as different communities have their own)

hope this helps some.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

mefirstforever replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Great minds think alike lol !!!
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

lunasagalle responded:
For me, it's actually mostly a financial matter. I am nearing the end of my job training, and in Germany, there are basically two different "levels" in this particular area. If I want to get into the higher level (which would equal around 500"0AC extra each and every month), I have to be a normal weight.

That is quite some motivation...

Other than that, I try to do as many different things as possible. I go swimming, play squash, cycle, do Pilates and yoga... I lose my motivation once it gets boring.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Easy Link to the WebMD Food and Fitness Planner
To let people know how to find it, go to WebMD home page it's listed on there, but here's the easy link for you ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.