Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
First Step
kay7405 posted:
New beginnings. Just joined. Need to loose 100 lbs. Never been a part of on-line discussion of any kind. Looking for encouragement, support and shared journey.
FirstPrevious12NextLast

totallywiggedout responded:
Hi, Kay! Welcome!
Honestly, I believe most of us had never joined an online support community, before our journey began.
It's a different way of going about accomplishing a common goal.
We encourage the mentality of not "dieting" here. Diets are for short term losses of around 5 or so lbs. for that "special" occasion, lol. eyeroll.... we've all been there and done that and repounded even more each time.. that's why it's called Yo Yo dieting.
This is more of a journey , as we call it. It's a lifestyle change. A choice you make to become healthier, eat smarter and lighter and to begin exercising more.
A little at a time so that you don't become overwhelmed and quit.
Start a food and fitness planner. It's a good guideline for how many calories and how much exercise to shoot for daily, to attain your personal goals, your personal best.

Blog or "lurk" as you wish. We love input from everyone because the different perspectives and ideas give everyone the opportunity to expand on their own journeys.

again, glad you joined us.... tell us how you are doing and don't be afraid to vent, ask questions or share things.

huggs
kim
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Kay! I had never been a part of any support group, much less an online one before this one. I can promise you that it has made all the difference in the world THIS time.

Look forward to getting to know you!
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy responded:

Hi Kay I am a tad different I did join an online support group before this one I got great help from the Asthma support group so when I found this one I joined in and have been logging in ever since... A 100 pound weight removal is sort of overwhelming at least it was to me ,, That's why I like to focus on small goals and then setting another small goal it all adds up over time
so welcome aboard I hope you will share your journey with us
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

redhatgwam60 responded:
Kay7405, I, too, just joined this community. I hope and pray that I can lose 110 lbs. And, I'm sure, with the encouragement from fellow members, my weight loss will be possible. The on-line discussion is new for me, too, but I'm looking forward to it!

parakeet210 replied to redhatgwam60's response:
Hi Kay7405 & redhatgwam60!! Welcome
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170

justmejust replied to redhatgwam60's response:
Hi Kay, this is a great place for support on weight loss journeys. I noticed you said "I hope and pray that I can lose..." Somewhere along my 3 year road on this group I changed my thinking from that way of speaking to "I will get to goal weight", so that's been working. I still have 30-50 pounds to go. I just now realized I lost around 40 pounds so far. I had not thought of my total progress before. I am focusing on the next 5 pounds every day, I think that's working a little better for me. So welcome, and please post often and share struggles too. Others struggles help me learn how to do better too.
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kay7405 replied to redhatgwam60's response:
Thank you for your reply. I went to the doctor yesterday and celebrated a 5 lb. weight loss in the last month. I am thankful considering it was Thanksgiving. I hope perhaps we can be an encouragement to each other. Again thank you for reaching out. I don't always get to the computer everyday but will check as soon as possible.

kay7405 replied to justmejust's response:
Your words are a source of encouragement and reflect the wisdom of one who has walked the path. Thank you. I deeply appreciate your reaching out

kay7405 replied to parakeet210's response:
Thank you.

kay7405 replied to blondie454u's response:
thank you

kay7405 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy
A recent diagnosis of COPD has certainly complicated the life of this lifetime asthmatic. Thank you for sharing the wisdom of setting small goals and focusing on those.

kay7405 replied to abnersmom's response:
That is encouraging to know. Thank you for reaching out.

kay7405 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Kim
I like the idea of focusing on a "Lifestyle change" as you mention. Heaven knows I've lost weight on every popular diet that's come and gone in the last 40 years.... and gained it back. I want to claim your words of encouragement as my mantra: "Become healthier, eat smarter and exercise more." I have started the food and fitness planner and find it a positive tool to help me set and attain short-term personal goals. Thank you for taking time to reach out and for the encouragement.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am Morbidly obese as they call it. I have to lose 100 lbs. I have COPD, Emphesemea, Precancerous Barrett's Esophagus, Chronic Migraines,Daytime ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.