Skip to content
Inspiration
rohvannyn posted:
I'll be honest, I am having a really hard time right now, so I figured I'd share some of the inspiration I've collected over the past couple of years and share it here. I've got the link for my "inspiration collection" as well in case anyone wants to read mroe. Most of it is relevant. This first quote is a snip from an article.

"10. Weight Loss Is Not the Most Important GoalWeight loss is the reason many people exercise in the first place. But it's certainly not the sole benefit of an exercise program.
Bryant says the long-term goal of weight loss is sold too heavily to people starting fitness programs, and that can be discouraging. People have trouble sticking with something if they don't see results quickly.
"Really, they should think about the level of functioning in the activities of daily living," says Bryant. "That can serve as the motivation to keep them coming back for more."
So whatever weight loss goal you have when starting a fitness program, don't make it your only goal. Strive to feel better, to have more energy, to be less stressed. Notice the small things that exercise does for you quickly, rather than getting hung up on the narrow goal of the number on a scale.
"With a goal of losing weight and enhancing health, exercise has to become a part of a person's life, not an afterthought," Astorino says."

http://forums.webmd.com/3/the-healing-fire/forum/7/12
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

jis4judy responded:
I love that Roh thank you so much for that little snip
It say a lot in that quote
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
You are right , Roh. This is certainly relevant to the cause.
I'd said earlier that I had been basically abstaining from exercise, or boycotting it...whichever, for the past month. I had gotten frustrated. because I am finding it hard to figure out the calories needed for what I normally do, plus the gym stuff and still lose weight.
BUT, and here is the rub, I had lost muscle tone from my abstinence. So, yes, I've been losing some of the lbs I'd gained but it is all muscle mass. Grrrrrr.
Muscle weighs more than fat. I must keep that in mind at all times. It is better to be a heavier weight than you shoot for, as long as you are fit , active and have muscle tone rather than flab.

Your points of inspiration are well received with me. Thank you

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I found the article to be what is so true! Judy and the others have taught me a lot about being healthy eating the rainbow,
eating healthy! I have a few challenges that get in the way of exercise but when I manage to squeeze in even one exercise session I surely do feel better physically and mentally.

for depression particularly with me much better to get exercise!!

Thanks Roh!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm at least 80 lb overweight, have both rheumatoid (rheumy) and osteo arthritis. I quit smoking after 25 years (was only 30 lb overweight then) b...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.