Skip to content
wm22664 posted:
Hello My name is Whitney. I'm 24 years old mother of a little girl who is 16 months old. I gained 75 pounds while pregnant, My pre baby weight was 180. When I gave birth i was 256. I started doing weight watchers January 2012. I got down to 193 then I stopped doing it off and on. Then finally I started doing it again and exercise too. About months ago I got the birth control that goes in My arm. Worse thing I ever did... It caused me to have bursting ovarian cyst. Also I went in weight back up to 221.. Now I'm on the pill. I'm going to try to lose some more weight. Just wanted to write a little something.

justmejust responded:
Hi wm, if you are overweight, I was wondering who that pretty picture is of?
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

parakeet210 replied to justmejust's response:
Hi and welcome.
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170

totallywiggedout responded:
Jeez, Laura and me both. If that's you... I wanna BE you! You are beautiful!
Anyway. Since you went the Weight Watchers route, you already know about portion sizes and eating balanced meals, right?
Now all we have to do is get you out and doing some exercise with that little tyke of yours. 16 months old.. I bet she's a little ball of energy. Although winter months aren't the best of times to be out running around with a toddler, it wouldn't hurt to get to a playground for a half hour or so every other day. Bundle up and go have some fun. Pushing a baby stroller burns more calories than walking alone. Did you know that? Go to the mall, Home Depot, Walmart or some other big box store and hit the outside aisle. Walk around the store pushing a cart or stroller at a good clip, don't hit anyone, but try to stay at a good pace. See how many times you can get around in 30 min... should be something like 5 times. That's a lot of exercise in 30 min and you will have spent "quality time" with your daughter and will be doing some good things for your health.

Get a cheapy food scale if you don't have one. You may think you are eating the correct portions , but might not be, and if you "taste" while cooking, you have to add those calories in... something like a standard 8 cals per tiny taste.

Glad you joined our community.
Welcome aboard

huggs
kim
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

wm22664 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Thank you guys! Yes that's My picture, being over weight doesn't make you ugly. People tell me all the time I'm beautiful. I'm 5'9 and carry My weight well but I know how much I weight. I want to be healthy and happy My daughter is so much fun! She's a cute little red head! I love you bunches. Thank you for the advice and support!!

jis4judy responded:
welcome aboard
we mostly do what I call a life style change eating for better health and exercise tossed in for the same reasons
it is a matter of giving your body the right nutrients to fuel your body for better performance..
it is a great way to stay healthy remove excess weight while getting used to new ways to be ..and maintaining is built into the journey it involves finding a way to eat that you can live with for life
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Whitney !!!
I.m glad you're on board. After this next year you will live a long healthy life with our little one. I wish I would have been as smart has you at your age.

Like Judy says it a life time change not a diet. At the right time to teach your daughter good eating habits.
Huggs
Helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

abnersmom responded:
Welcome Whitney! Good for you to want to be healthy! I sure wish I'd had enough sense to do it when I was your age. Well, at least do it and stick to it.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

wm22664 replied to abnersmom's response:
Thank you everyone!

mog1026 replied to wm22664's response:
Helloooo Whitney! You're young, you're beautiful, you can do this! That little munchkin will be running you ragged soon enough. Watch your nutrition and play with her and you'll be on your way.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm a senior citizen who is STILL looking to re-reach a goal set years ago. 50 lbs. would be wonderful! Because of a heart problem, a diagnosis ...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.