Skip to content
DAY 1, CHALLENGE 5, Monday Dec 9
totallywiggedout posted:

I weighed in for the first time in a few weeks. I'm not proud and I won't utter excuses. It is what it is..... a starting point.

And, in the spirit of full disclosure as is always the right of passage for these challenges...

Kim, AM weight 192.2 lbs
Bust 40"
Waist 37"
Lower Tummy 43.5"
Hips 43.75"
Rt Bicep 14.25" , Left Bicep 14.75"
Rt and Left Wrists 6" each
Rt and Left Thighs 25.25" each
Rt and Left Calves 15.25" each
Rt and Left Ankles 8.75" each
Total Starting Measurements 303.75"

As in all previous Challenges it helps all those participating to be fully, brutally honest, not only with yourself but to the group of challengers as a whole.

This is a group effort. That's the reason for listing your beginning, mid challenge and end of challenge weight and measures. So that we can keep track of how the group does in attaining goals.

Group goals are determined by the number of Challengers we have participating.
Even if you choose not to measure or state weights, you need to keep track of these for your own knowledge. Keep a secret log if you must, but OWN up to yourself. Just state that you prefer to keep private so that I don't hound you into the ground about listing your stats.

This is NOT a challenge against eachother, rather a challenge to oneself to be honest and to make an honest effort to do our absolute full out BEST EFFORT to lose lbs and inches for the duration of the challenge.

Please post your intake and exercise , in full for each day. Please participate daily at least once and ONLY on the Challenge discussion for that day.
If you only post once, make a list as the day progresses and post in the evening, so that you make sure to get everyting you ate and did into the post, If you can.

CHALLENGE 5 will henceforth be called C5. And will be a full duration of 15 days.
First weights and measures Day 1 Dec 9
Mid challenge weights and measures Day 8 Dec 16 to get in full 7th day
Final weights and measures Day 16 to get in the full 15th day Dec 24

As soon as I get in all stats for each measure day, I will post our group achievments.

Ok, that said....

I Challenge ME to a Duel!
No holds barred, no prisoners taken. I vow to defeat thee, FAT !

I am planning on posting as the day progresses. I want to be fully honest here, so I will post short additions as I exercise and eat, during the day.

I'll just reply to my own first posting to do additions as I go.

AM black coffee w/ stevia
20 oz water

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 184.6 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

sittingbull594 responded:
Good Morning: OIEVAY when frozen pipes finally thaw and burst O MY!!! is all I can say. Started at 5:30 this a.m. Forgot it was the challenge today and already had breakfast and coffee.
I can keep a good eating plan but should I weigh before lunch kim and take measurements too before lunch?
Please advise.

I had for breakfast:

2 slices toast of my protein bread 89 cal. each
1 tsp. between the two pieces of lo cal no sugar orange marmalade
1 coffee with fr. vanilla creamer
and tons of water

Good luck everyone
SB: Starting weight 258 Goal weight 150-160

Shoot for the Stars.......

ausgram responded:
Ok, Kim, sounds good. I weighed and same as you, not pretty. 188.

Breakfast - 3/4 cup fresh pineapple, 1 cup of joe with crm & sgr

I will measure when I get home and add to this. Wait, we can't add to our posts. We have to start a new one. Hmmm. I guess that's ok. So, see you tonight. Going shopping with daughter.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

totallywiggedout replied to sittingbull594's response:
Take your measurements if you can today, and weigh in tomorrow am and gimme that as your starting.
AM weigh ins are every morning, if possible, before eating or drinking anything and after first potty. Sorry, I should have stated that for everyone on the first post.

huggs
and thanks for joining
k

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Oh Aus you can add to posts.. and post your regular stuff on reg discussion..... I think I confused people, but it was early and I, myself , was slightly dazed and confused, lol

You can even go back to the day before if you run late and add to your intake or exercises.... those really dont matter as much, as the am weigh in and periodic measures. Those are what really keep us on track in checking our progress, individually and as a group.

huggs
k

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
Ok well I decided not to wait so here goes

Weight 261.6. Yes I have the Arghs too Bust. 52 Upper stomach. 50.25 Lower stomach. 52 Hips. 49.25 R biceps 15.0. L bicep 15.0 Wrist R 7.0 Wrist. L. 7.25 Upper leg. R 25.25 L. 24.25

Calve. R18.25 L18.75 Ankles R and L. 9.75

Total inches: 405.75
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170

totallywiggedout responded:
I'm running a bit late for Breakfast post.

1/2 c skinny fruits pineapple chunks w/ 3 Tblsp ff vanilla yogurt sprinkled w/ 2 Tblsp all bran cereal and a dash of gr cinnamon

AM snack Pumpkin Smoothie (recipe in Community Recipes)

I'll post lunch too, since it's getting close to that time and I know what I'm having

(1) 100 cal. toasted ww english muffin topped with steamed spinach and 2 med poached eggs

Hope everyone is doing well this AM , still haven't seen Laura!!!

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to parakeet210's response:
Muah and big huggs Keet. At least we are here and gonna try our best... Right?

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to sittingbull594's response:
SB I want to say that the protein bread and sf marm. aren't too bad but you are killing your efforts with the creamer.
On top of the fact that store bought is expensive, it's full of sugars, fats and chemical additives.

We have tried to get you to get rid of it altogether, but if you simply can't go without...

here's a lower fat, lower sugar , lower COST alternative . Use Reduced fat condensed milk, Real Vanilla extract or split a vanilla bean , scrape the insides into the mix , then add the pod... just shake and refridgerate.

Homemade French Vanilla Creamer Author: Alea Recipe type: French Vanilla Creamer Prep time: 5 mins Total time: 5 mins Serves: 24 An easy and frugal alternative to store-bought French Vanilla CreamerIngredients
  • 14 oz. can of condensed milk Recipes
  • 28 oz. milk Recipes
  • 1 T — 1? T vanilla
Directions
  1. Pour the can of condensed milk into a pitcher.
  2. Fill the empty can two times with milk, adding the milk to the pitcher.
  3. Add vanilla to taste. Stir well.
Notes Keep refrigerated.

huggs
k

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
It's tempting to pretend I am better than I am so you all will think well of me, but really what's the point of that. Shakespeare wouldn't recommend it. ;(

It's Day One and I'm pretty close to tears. I just took my measurements and they are larger than they were last May when we had our first challenge. I got on the scale and I am 4 pounds heavier than I was 5 days ago. And 15 lbs heavier than the end of our last challenge. There is a lot of self-loathing going on here today...a lot of defeatism. And I am so ashamed. I am not even close to understanding what is going on with me. I feel like I can't help myself let alone anyone else on this board. I'm going to have to do some thinking today and maybe some self-flagellation.

I'll check in later if I have made any progress.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 207.6 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy sweetheart,

Don't beat yourself up. Life itself is a series of ups and downs, hills and valleys. Do not dispair. You are a wonderful and special person and there are many people who love you and want to help you. We are all food-a-holics and we always will be. Judy, Debbie and Amber still have food demons.

I had a fast food demon on my shoulder this weekend, however, I did only eat one meal a day and had a few clementines. I sure love those little orange beauties. The result of that demon is the dreaded diarrhea. I know, TMI. I figure it serves me right. My point is this - back on plan today. I seem to do much better when I'm working - not as much temptation around as long as I stay in my office.

I also know that if I don't buy it I can't eat it. I know that most of you lovley ladies have family living with you which can be a big problem. Do whatever you have to do to get them to understand that you need to be healthy for yourself and them and that you will no longer buy 'treats'. If they want their goodies they are also going to have to buy a locking cabinet to keep their evil poison in and away from you. Tell them that you are no longer willing to poison yourself with unhealthy foods/junk.

I truly wish I could visit all of you and your families and lay down the law to them and tell them that if they truly loved you they would stop being so inconsiderate and disrespectful to your health and feelings. So what if their feelings get hurt. If they love you they'll get over it. Yes, I can be a terrible B****h when I need to be.

Kathy, for whatever reason you are going through a rough time right now and I hope you can figure out what is going on that is preventing you from doing what you know to be the way to a healthier and happier you. I know you will do it and be able to get back on track. Sending you big, warm cyber hugs.

Michelle

abnersmom replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy, I'm going to be the blunt one today. Put your big girl panties on and get going! You cannot change what you have done since the last challenge, but you sure as hell can change as of this minute!! You will feel so much better about yourself than whatever foods you are eating make you feel.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Me again...lol. Since I don't have a scale I'm not going to participate that way. I think I have a measuring tape around somewhere. I will post food and drink daily and also what I'm feeling - good and bad.

I hope that my thoughts/advice will help at least one of you to feel better about yourselves and encourage you to continue trying to reach your ultimate goal - which is health.

All of us need to remember Laura's motto - progress not perfection. I sure haven't learned to walk on water yet and I don't think I want to. I want to keep trying to be a better me. I don't think I'll ever be slim but I know I will be healthier. I already am and I know that because I'm not taking blood pressure medication any more. If I can do it anybody can!!!

Love you all!! And here's to a successful challenge for everyone!!

Michelle

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Kathy I wanted to lie this morning too.
I got on that scale and just about fell off of it. I swear, my head actually felt a little loopty loop dizzy spell because of the terror I felt about coming here and reporting.... But, I've got to stop giving myself "one more day, or another week.... or even another year" to start really meaning to do what I know I must.
I have to lose this weight. I have to.
and
so ...do .... you.
We aren't getting younger. It's not getting any easier.
and it never will.
Now is our chance to do it at this degree of difficulty.
Our age is against us. Hell, STATISTICS are against us.

I just read this.... I want you to see it.
and I want you to commit, with me, to strive for whatever possibilities that we might achieve and , even if for just a short time, maintain.

#12 [a name="post15247537"> 07-07-2012, 03:10 PM astro Member
Posts: 29,373 As someone who has struggled all my life with weight issues the bottom line is that the needles of our personal behavior compasses regarding food consumption behavior are set at pretty young age. Modernity provides effective access to an almost infinite supply of calories for the middle class and beyond in developed countries. Some people are wired to eat well beyond satiation just for the sheer pleasure or stimulus of eating.

A tendency to strong appetites, and eating beyond satiation were non-issues in a restricted calorie, high physical exercise environment that 95% of the world lived in until the past 100 years. You effectively could not be truly fat unless you were fairly wealthy.

I think most fat people know inherently there will never be a perfect long term solution short of radical behavior modification which often takes professional assistance and ongoing financial resources. Being at a lesser "normal" weight is like diving under the water. It's neat and enjoyable but eventually your body will force you to the surface.

I consider myself to be a fairly rational personal but when in strong diet phase you can feel the vague shadow of another "presence" in your consciousness calculating and scheming how to get you to eat. Your mind is not entirely your own, you want to be steadfast, but you are searching desperately for a reason to eat. You don't even really have to be physically hungry. The impulse to eat enough to return to the set point your metabolism prefers is incessant. You will never win that battle unless you can modify that setpoint. That modification can be done to a degree, but it is a herculean task requiring years, possibly decades, of modified behavior, and if you screw up you're back to an obese set point almost instantly.

Fat people are mostly rational individuals. Being truly obese (ie 50 lbs or more overweight) is a horrible way to live. It compromises your enjoyment of life on so many levels. The goal in the end for most fat people is not to be some perfect avatar of "normal" weight forever, that's not going to happen. For the vast majority of fat people the real world goal is just to be "less fat" for however long you can maintain it. ************************

Let's just try for "less fat" , right now. Ok? We can shoot for that. And , you know, it's only 15 days. I'm not asking you to do this with me forever. Just 15 days, this time.

Kathy? That number on the scales this morning? It's not the end... It's the beginning.

Walk with me on this part of our journey.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 192.2 GW 135

totallywiggedout replied to abnersmom's response:
LOL, Debbie. If I hadn't weighed what I do, I'd be right up there on that soapbox, megaphone in hand, with you, hollering at Kathy.
I'm glad that you can do it for me. Thank you.

I know we can change. I know , in my heart, that Kathy wants to.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 192.2 GW 135

Spotlight: Member Stories

hello , lost 4 last 2 week .NOW gain 4 again . Start at 296,June,2013.Now 270. Will, start walking to and from work. Back to eating 1567 aday. REMEMBE...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.