My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Link about quality of life thru food choices
jis4judy posted:
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/11/21/us-better-diet-idUSBRE9AK1C120131121

I found this interesting
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

totallywiggedout responded:
That's a good article Judy. As I read it, I thought about my grandparents and how they ate in their later years. By far, you have a better diet style than I remember any of them eating , even before they had hit their 70s. Cripes, I can remember my maternal grandfather eating bread and milk with sugar, like cereal....for dinner. Because that's what they ate to survive during the depression and he just grew to like it. But 4 slices of white bread, sugar and whole milk, obviously has its drawbacks.
I think your generation is perhaps only the first or possibly the second one that has had the knowledge of and access to a healthier lifestyle. Prior to that, ALL pasta was white and whole grain or brown rice wasn't readily available. White bread, can anyone say WONDER(?), was the bread of choice once it came out because it was the first to hit the market and BE marketed as "healthy" because of it's added vitamins. But it was still white bread.

People know more now about why we need to eat this and not that. They also know that just because it's advertised as "healthy" , it's ok to question it and not just follow blindly along with sheeplike faith.
Noone in my grandparent's generation would ever even think about questioning what the government passed as healthy food choices. Now, we are mostly all aware that there are recalls almost as soon as the first person gets sick... anywhere in the world. We are looking at things more skeptically and becoming AWARE of what we put into our bodies. It is our choice, it always has been. But with more information available, there's more power in our consumerism.

thanks for sharing that article, Judy.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 192.2 GW 135

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

abnersmom responded:
Very interesting, Judy. I want to do everything I can to be mentally and physically active as I age. This article reinforces the importance of a healthy diet. Thanks.
Debbie SW 265 CW 150 maintaining - You only live once, so live right. Healthy. Fit. Be active.

jis4judy replied to abnersmom's response:
Yes Debbie I think it is supporting our discoveries on this board . we know we feel better when we eat healthy and move more . so a study confirms it ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

Spotlight: Member Stories

My weight has crept up on me through many years of negligence - over eating and not eating the right foods. I love fresh fruits and vegetables but I a...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.