Freaked out for an Unhealthy Snack?
totallywiggedout posted:

Try cleaner options.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 192.2 GW 135
c5 192.2, 190.3, 189.2,189,

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

FirstPrevious12NextLast

ausgram responded:
Wow, unbelievable. So when I crave sugary foods, and don't know which of those 5 I'm lacking in, have a taste of all those things on the right, right? I'm glad I don't crave salty foods, I don't think I would like the goats milk. ha ha ha!

That's a really cool thing they came up with. Thanks for finding it. I'm going to ask my doc about this.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie, when I crave something sweet I've discovered that a spoonful of peanut butter takes care of it

I also crave salt and I do eat a lot of salty things, however, one of my medications depletes salt from the body. My last blood work showed my sodium on the low end of the normal range. I also know that when I start craving butter I need to take extra vitamin D. I had been craving butter something terrible last year- I wanted butter on everything! Then my blood work showed my D was very low. Started taking supplements and the butter craving went away. Isn't it interesting how your body will tell you what it needs - you just need to learn how to listen.

I've been craving potatoes lately and I think that might mean I need more potassium. I know that if I have leg cramps at night it usually means that I'm dehydrated or that I need magnesium. Google is my friend...lol.

Michelle

ausgram replied to bigred53's response:
Wow! Well, if I took a spoonful of peanut butter I would pass out cause I hate peanut butter. Its nasty tasting. When I crave something I have to make a conscience effort to not think about it and just keep drinking water.

When my potassium was low my feet cramped something awful, but if I eat a banana regularly I'm ok. The doctor gave me some potassium pills to make up for the lack I had in my body. I didn't take them, I just ate bananas and pistachio nuts and the next time I had a blood test my potassium was good..

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
LOL! I sure don't want you to pass out over peanut butter. I love bananas and peanut butter. Bananas make my blood sugar shoot up too high though so I don't eat them often.

Michelle

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, how's this?
Next time you crave sugery food, nuke a small unpeeled sweet potato, top with a tsp of Greek Yogurt sweetened with stevia, sprinkle on 3-4 raisins and a few craisins, 3 broken walnut or pecan halves and a dash of cinnamon.
Right there, you'll have the grapes(raisins) , raisins, cranberries, dairy, and nuts in about 150 calories.
On the extreme plus side you'd have worked in more rainbow, more fiber and a huge dose of vitamin c and made a fully natural healthy substitution.

huggs
k

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
That's ok Kim, I'll pass. I can manage with out a yucky sweet potato. ha ha. Never liked them. They are ok French fried, but that's it and I'm not into French fries.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Ausie sweet potato is so healthy for you maybe learn to cook them a different way I wrap mine in foil and bake that my favorite way the other way I do it is slice them cross wise into circles and put on a foil lined cookie sheet and spray with butter spray sprinkle with a bit of cinnamon bake 350 until tender these are pretty yummy
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
I love love love them! I'm so happy to see them on my dinner plate and unlike baked white potatoes, you can cook them in a bunch and just microwave them during the week and they stay the same consistency. A perfect food in two ways!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 217 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Its ok Judy and Kathy. There's other healthy stuff other then those yucky potatoes. I'll stick to broccoli or something. ha ha ha! Your girls are sweet to try and help me, but I'm beyond helping when it comes to sweet potatoes.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Ausie carrots are a good substitute for sweet ppotato I hope you like carrots
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Yes, I love carrots, I grind them up not too small along with walnuts and stick a can of crushed pineapple in a bowl of jello and let it harden. Yummy, that makes a great snack.

mog1026 responded:
You lost me at JELLO, Aussie. New Englanders do NOT eat jello! Yucky slimy tasteless slippery stuff! Those crazy Midwestern farm girls served it with every meal says my friend Camilla who is a bona fide Iowa farm girl. I did some JELLO research to confirm my belief:

"Garrison Keillor also describes Jell-O salad as a distinctly Midwestern, specifically Min-nesotan, food. Like Jell-O salad proponents, critics view America through the lens of regional identity and construct Jell-O salad as a Midwestern, not necessarily Southern, dish. In fact, geog-rapher Barbara Shortridge responds to this equation of Minnesota to Jell-O salad in her survey of Minnesotan foods titled "01CNot Just Jello [sic> and Hot Dishes: Representative Foods of Minneso-ta"01D (2003). Lileks explicitly connects Jell-O salad to the Midwest, as well; referring to a picture of a foamy-topped Jell-O salad-in-a-glass, he remarks "01CStare at this photo long enough and it really starts to bother you... It"019s what happens when you feed LSD to Iowans, perhaps. This is as surreal a juxtaposition as their minds can create"01D (2001: 90). Clearly, Jell-O salad represents a particular geography of America to detractors"014one of the Midwest."

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
You do too eat jello, Kathy. You "New Englanders" just call it aspic. lol
a rose by any other name..... blah blah blah.....

you mean you never ate finger jello, or jigglers, or , or poke cake??? you've missed out on some really fine food , Kathy.

huggs
k

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Yeah, Kathy, it's not slimy if you put something in it and top it off with whip cream. "Only a tablespoon that is. A-hmm. Kims watching. ha ha ha ha!"

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello, I am new at this. Just looking for a little support, I am 33 and a mother of three. I have a wonderful husband, He supports my every attempt a...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 26 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.