Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C5, DAY 7, Sunday Dec 15: Where there's a will
totallywiggedout posted:

Now I know this woman is younger than most of us, but there is no reason that we can't shoot for the best we can be at any age.

And if the body isn't inspiration enough....
try this

Bribe yourself thin. Every time you workout for an hour. Put a dollar in a jar. When you get $100 or so, Treat yourself to something "girly" and non fattening.
A mani and a pedi, highlights, new frilly undies.... a massage. what ever your little heart desires.
Go get it, you've earned it!
If you could have your life to do over. How would you change?
I know that I would try to eat better and make healthier choices in everything that I did....

Today really is the beginning, you know?
Today is the first day, of the rest of your life. You don't really have it all to do over, but you can sure change how you go forward from here.

huggs
k
Kim SW 253 CW 192.2 GW 135
c5 192.2, 190.3, 189.2,189,

Willpower defines Realm --- Toba Beta

You are a perishable item. Live accordingly.

FirstPrevious12NextLast

ausgram responded:
Wow Kimmie you did good. That's a very nice post. Gonna be a long time before I can put a dollar in that jar. I'm still only walking 20 mins. Well, 25 yesterday but almost killed myself. Ha. But hey, that's a great idea.
Now, If I could have my life to live over, I'm not sure what I would change. I think #1, I would still marry Carl. #2 I would try and have way more kids. That'll keep you thin, huh? ha ha ha! I would definatly be like Kim and eat right all the time. I wouldn't have quit work when I did. I would have gotten my retirement in. Oh well, lots of water over the bridge. I'm happy, just not the weight I would like to be. The end.
Have a wonderful day everyone. I will be. Going to go see my grandbaby, the Marine. Oooooooboy!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

ausgram replied to ausgram's response:
Ohhhh good grief, I forgot to weigh. Grrrrrrrrrr!!! Now what? Should I go try and weigh now or just wait till the morning? I hate when I forget stuff.

For brkfst - 2 tangerines, 1 cup of joe w/c/s. I got the cream and sugar down to 1 teaspoon. I'll be giving them up in another month or so. Hopefully.

jis4judy responded:
Good Sunday morning KIm and any others that follow
at 71 soon to be 72 I don't think she is that far away from my present body ...working out with weight can give any of us some definition...
todays weigh in 151
Breakfast

2.3 oz strawberries
3.7 oz orange
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 C each heart to heart and raisin bran
1/2 C ff milk

red orange and purple

Dinner plan are baked Chicken breast either red potato or brn rice with mushrooms broccoli or zucchini

I plan on 2 C green tea with lemon

there is football to watch today My Patriots are in Miami
the dolfins always give my Pats a hard time so I am interested in how this game goes I am hoping the Pats score mucho points because we have snow and yucky stuff for the weather today

snacks and supper will be probably nuts and yogurt berries
Yesterday the apple and peanut butter won out over the pomegranate maybe will have that pomegranate today

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
Oh Kim had I the option to a do over My life would have taken a different turn I would have done more in getting an education
and maybe would have been a totally different person. But that aside I regret very few things . I adore my family had I been richer I would have had more children but we could only take care of the 2
If I had the knowledge That I have now I would never have gotten obese in the first place ..
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
I gained I think exactly a hole I made. 257.2. I will have it get in the rainbow because when I don't there are problems

Usual oatmeal 2 cuppa frothed milk
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 261.6

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
Tweety, as my DH would say...."Why is a mouse when it spins?" I'm giving myself some good laughs today and I love you all! Like Aussie, I didn't weigh today. Boo hoo, I ate without thinking. Tralala Tomorrow is another day.
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 217 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust responded:
Happy Sunday!

weigh in 184
exercise 15 min. stretching

breakfast was coffee, slice ww bread, .25 cup blueberries, thin bacon strip, cup spinach, 1/4 cup ff milk
lunch was 4 crackers, progresso lentil soup, 3 chocolate chip cookies, oz milk chocolate, cup ff milk
dinner is .3 cup tuna canned, .3 cup brown rice, cup spinach, oz mixed nuts
later yogurt, honey, cherries
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus,
Here's the problem with so many of us, or anyone actually, that is thinking about exercise in big time chunks. An hour at a time isn't necessary, heck, 30 min at a time isn't. If you can do 1 hour of intentional exercise a day, broken up into 10 or 15 min increments..... enough time to start to feel it, but not enough to kill you....then you have achieved the goal. It's a daily goal, you have approx. 16 hours of waking time in which to achieve it.
If you think about exercise like that, it's attainable and so is that dollar, or 50 cents or quarter.

That said,
I am downright indignant that you think that I eat right all the time. No way. No how. If I did, I wouldn't weigh what I do.
I have been having problems with my eating for months now. Serious problems.
My inner child is going through her terrible twos and she throws fits if I don't indulge her. She's been a very naughty girl this year and can only expect coal in her stocking from Santa.
Unfortuanately, Michael is seeing that I'm struggling and he consoles me by taking me to the movies and buying big things of popcorn and insisting that I have a frozen slushy because I love them. Then he takes me out to eat.
It's nice of him. I love him. But it is really taking it's toll , lol.

So, no, Aus. In my friggen dreams do I eat right all the time.
Please don't put me on a pedastal so high that I'm in danger of breaking my neck when I fall, which I most assuredly will.

I'm no different in my struggles than the rest of you. I cry myself to sleep a few times a month for the weight I'm carrying and my self hatred about my inability to conform to my ideals.

But, I'm trying.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, if you are close to that body, then you really are my idol. I know you struggle to maintain too. No matter what, it'll always be the demon in the closet for all of us. But you and Debbie and Amber are doing so well, that you can't help but be inspirations for the rest of us.

If I had my life to do over, I too would have gone a bit further with my education. I would have gone for what I really was interested in in HS and either been a fashion design or merchandiser, or had gone into marine biology and would have been out cruising the Galapagos checking the coral reefs and swimming with the whales.
But that would have changed the outcome of having my children and my grands. Which I would never want to happen.
I would hope that I wouldn't have made the choices about foods that I did so that I wouldn't have this struggle now. But then, I never would have been in this community..... six in one hand half dozen in the other. It all evens out in the end, doesn't it?

huggs
k

totallywiggedout replied to mog1026's response:
Ok , Scarlett, back to the Plantation with you. Now, we gotta get our Kathy back. She at least has a bit of a head on her shoulders. Enough of this Fiddle Dee Dee stuff. You can't make designer dresses from old curtains any more than you can a silk purse from a sows ear.

huggs
k

totallywiggedout responded:
Kim, AM weight Up, Up , UP 189.3 popcorn and late night fajitas ... can anyone say sodium overload?

Breakfast
blk coffee w/ stevia x 2
1 med Apple
1/2 english muffin w/ 1 tsp ff cream cheese
1 poached egg

"Linner" (lunch/dinner)
Italian sauteed chicken breast strips with onions, zucchini, diced tomatoes, fresh garlic, fresh oregano, fresh basil
w/ 1/2 cup ww spaghetti

3 twizzlers
2 small hm sugar cookies w/ ff sourcream frosting

PM snack will be 1/2 c skinny fruits pineapple w/ 2 Tblsp ff vanilla yogurt and a sprinkle of All Bran cereal

huggs
k

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oooooooo Kimmie, you eat like that, huh? Ok, couple questions here. When you put 1 tsp of cr cheese on your 1/2 English muffin, can you even taste the cream cheese? Also, twizzlers? What in the world for? Why are they in your house? If your kids brought them in ok, but other then that, I never buy something that doesn't have anything in it. Ha ha. one more question:... What is ww spaghetti? World Wide spaghetti? What kind is that? That like noodles?

Carl and I went to see my Austy today. I swear, he grows an inch every time I see him. Some day he will stop growing so tall. We also stopped on the way home and ate at Panda's. Know what that is? We didn't like it. I got all veggies cept 1/2 a portion of rice. And water to drink.

ausgram replied to justmejust's response:
Laura, you passed me big time. 184. Wowie that's so great. I can't wait till I see my scale say that.

totallywiggedout replied to ausgram's response:
Aus, whole wheat spaghetti is ww. Like brown rice for white it's a decent substitution for an altogether high carb food, lol.

1 tsp on 1/2 an english muffin is all I need. I don't do the butter either, then I put my poached egg on top and some pepper. Sometimes I'll even layer some sauteed onions, mushrooms or spinach on it. Basically the cream cheese for me is just another touch of protein to level out the carb.

Twizzlers... yeh, one of my guilty pleasures. They are fat free at least, lol. That's about all I can say for them.
I think it's the chewiness that I like the most. A lot of my foods lack that. I have crunch, but not that chew that I sometimes crave. I can't chew gum. I lost a filling a long time ago and that makes me chew on one side all the time. That's fine, but when I chew gum, I tend to want to switch sides a lot and can't.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello family, I am a 49 a perosn who can't control of eating, exspiecally when I"m depress. I have been going through some problems in the la...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.