Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
fern68 posted:
Hi everyone. I'm new here and like everyone here I need to lose some weight. After I had my twins 9 years ago, I haven't been able to lose the weight I gained and it seems like I'm putting more on. I can skip meals, but it doesn't seem to take any pounds off. It's winter and I can't get out to do any walking. Any suggestions?

shelsangel responded:
Welcome aboard. We have an AWESOME group here and a lot of Ladies with tons of information from advice, recipes and been there done that stories. We hope you enjoy our community. They have all kinds of suggestions from yoga to simple stretches, the goal is to get moving. LOL Have a great day HUGGS Jean
Everything happens for a reason. HUGGS, Jean
SW 301.2 CW 282.0 GW 165 could change after I reach it :-)

blondie454u responded:
Welcome aboard! Don't ever skip meals! Any particular reason why you can't go outside? I know it's cold but I still go out. It's sometimes in the 20s or lower when I do. I just bundle up real good. You can also use youtube for a great source of workouts. I think there is a resource in this community.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

jis4judy responded:
Yup welcome but please do not try to starve your self thin
make sure you get the proper nutrients every day
and do some kind of activity
eating a rainbow of fruits and vegies is a great place to start
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
welcome
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram replied to blondie454u's response:
Amber, you must be a lot younger then me. I don't like going out to walk when its that cold. I didn't mind it when I was 30, 40, 50 or even 60. But I'm 71 and I don't like the cold. I love the snow, but not the cold. hee hee!
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hey Ausie
I like walking in the cold crisp air of winter I do bundle up when needed though I am also 71 I like it because the cold air gives a bonus calorie burn that's a great reason to learn to like walking in the cold we are having a warm spell right now
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ausgram replied to jis4judy's response:
Ohhhhhhhhhhh Judy, you just blew my good excuse to not go outside. ha ha ha! Well, I will listen to you and go outside and walk, but when its 16 out or 9 degrees, it gets really nippy in the wind. But I will "try" it. - tomorrow. ha
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
Hi Ausie if it is below 15 I don't go out for a long walk maybe a short one especially if the wind is strong and it is colder than 16 or so good time to make that excuse
Hugs Judy

blondie454u replied to jis4judy's response:
Go Judy! Aus you can't get by with that excuse! LOL. I hate the cold as well. I am extremely cold nature. I wear 2 layers of clothes in the winter. No matter what I will be cold so I just do it anyway. Today the hubs and I walked and my hands got numb. I could hardly move them but it was worth it.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hello - My name is Angel - and I have four children (as you can probably tell by my user name!) I am a part-time pediatric/pregnancy dietitian and a f...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.