Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
C5, DAY 11, Thursday Dec. 19 The Whole Picture
totallywiggedout posted:

The quest for health and fitness isn't all food and exercise. It's a balance between those two and what strength you have within yourself.
You have to have the "heart" to continue doing what is hard.
Let's face it, Losing weight isn't easy and trying to overcome a lifetime's habit of overeating and not doing exercise to maintain our bodies is sometimes more than we want to face.

You gotta have heart, ladies. Give it all you can to become all you can be.
You are worth it.

Kim AM weight 186

Breakfast
2 x black coffee with stevia
Flour free blueberry "pancakes" from recipes

AM snack vanilla protein shake w/ chia seeds

Walk with Holly
Gym , recumbant bike 30 min
swimming 8 laps

Lunch
chicken breast on ciabata roll w/ 1 wedge laughing cow light
fresh baby spinach
slice of tomato
1 banana

Dinner
warm steak salad w/ ff ranch dressing, onions, tomato, cukes, diced beets, thawed frozen peas.

gettin it done today. finishing up my Christmas shopping then doing some wrapping.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

FirstPrevious12NextLast

mog1026 responded:
Good morning everyone! It's 11am and time to wake up....WAKE UP! Geez Louise we're getting a late start today. Sad day at the scale. Up 1.6 lbs! And I cut out some of my regulars yesterday...no smoothie and no 100 cal popcorn, and NO larabar. The pipes are still clogged so that may be it. We shall see as the week progresses. Why oh why does it take a week and a half to lose a pound and a half but only a day to gain it. It is one of the mysteries of the universe. On to my day and I'll see you all later
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 217 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Gooood Morning everyone. Well, good morning to Kim and Kathy anyway. Ha ha. All you late comers. Probably jumped out of bed and got to work in a flash. Oh, I remember those days.

Weigh-In 185

Brkfst - 1 banana, 1 tangerine and 1 coffee w/c/s

Lunch - left over anetelope roast, veggies and cranberry sauce.

I will walk on my treadmill maybe. Its been so nice out, I've been doing my one mile walk in our driveway.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rachael2011 responded:
Hi all. Had a bad night last night, breaking my cut off time having popcorn, a bowl of great grains cereal, canned pineapple chunks in juice and hotdog cut up in cheese. Hence, am AM weight of 288.0.

Skipped breakfast (but have had a handful of baby carrots) due to the above and will have lunch later.

Lunch will be 4 oz ground venison w onions and mushrooms and mixed w enchilada sauce over 1C brown rice.

Dinner will be chicken breast stir fried in a broccoli, carrot and cauliflower combo w teriyaki sauce.

Yesterday instead of going to the gym, I took a long hilly walk around town and now my leg muscles are sore. Also, my arms are still sore from the workout on Tuesday. Will probably just do a 20 minute walk today to get out and moving.

Everybody have a good day!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Good morning all!!

Kathy my dear are you drinking enough water? I know that when things slow down for me I try to think of what I have been doing differently and it usually turns out that I haven't been drinking enough of anything. I usually drink at least two liters or liquid - coffee and water - but there are some days my body seems to need more. I just hate that feeling of fullness and being bloated. YUK!

Before I had my hip replacement I was taking so many pain pills just to keep from crying all the time that I was almost constantly constipated. I took Metamucil (sugar free store brand) twice and maybe three times a day. If I didn't do that it was pure hell to try to go. Have you tried that?

Haven't eaten anything yet today but I will probably have my usual - yogurt, pistaschios, celery, canned chicken, V-8 and maybe a little peanut butter (sorry Aus) - how exciting/boring...lol. It works for me at work. I didn't have dinner last night as I wasn't hungry. I'm still not hungry but I know I need to eat something pretty soon before my sugar bottoms out.

Aus I've never had antelope but I've had lots of venison and some elk here and there. My step-dad thought he was the great white hunter...lol. He would also hunt pheasant every year - that was good stuff. My mom would cook it in red wine and cream of mushroom soup. The only problem was you had to be careful of the shotgun pellets...lol

Rachael I hope you have a better day today!!

Michelle

jis4judy responded:
Good afternoon ladies

today I weighed up 2 pounds Lol 153
Oh well

today breakfast was
1/2 c Bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
2oz strawberries
2.5 oz orange

1 C black coffee
Dinner

4.6 Oz boneless skinless chicken breast
,30 c brown rice
.20 c cooked mushrooms
1 C brussel sprouts steamed
1/4 pat of butter

salad with romaine lettuce 1/2 tomato 1 radish 1 slice red onion
6 black olives
1 T wishbone robusto dressing 1 T red wine vinegar

1 C green tea with lemon

went to doc to get my flu shot before it was too late this morning than went for a walk 45 minutes
doing assorted household chores
plans for later pomegranate
yogurt berries

maybe something else like nuts

HUgs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Yup Laura! Clearly our Aussie wasn't kidding cause that poor antelope is on the menu today! Hahahaha! It still makes me laugh to wrap my head around the fact that the wooly West is still wild and hunters roam the hills. I never even knew antelopes ran around Colorado or that they weren't protected. I may need to start an antelope support group ! LOL. Look! They're eating venison burgers too! How about buffalo? And all we have in CT is the supermarket and the occasional road kill squirrel! It's illegal to fire anything in our town, even a BB gun, but of course as we all know, that doesn't stop the lunatics who shoot up schools. Sorry, got too serious there.

Had egg beaters for lunch with some low cal bacon and some toast. Tonite is going to be chicken breast, green beans, and some potato.

Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
Michelle, I am the water drinking Queen. No one ever needs to worry about hydration in someone who has had a kidney stone

Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Antelope can be hunted in most of the western states but it seems most hunters stick to deer and elk - there's more meat on them - antelope are pretty small.

When I was a kid all of the men in my family hunted mostly to supplement the food supply so we had venison a lot especially in the winter. A cow wasn't butchered until it was about on its last legs - either too old to give milk to calve - and was mostly used for hamburger and a few roasts that could be slow cooked until tender enough to eat. We also had chicken, turkey, lamb and pork. We had pinto beans a lot too and I love them to this day. The chickens were usually pretty old too and not laying anymore so they had to be stewed for a couple of days to tender them up...lol. We had a rooster that would chase my little sister and peck her on the head (he was pretty big) and when my grandmother saw that she whacked him good - chicken and dumplings...lol

Michelle

rachael2011 replied to rachael2011's response:
Just a change to my meals. Didn't have the rice at lunch but increased the amount of meat to 6-7 oz.

Didn't have the chicken stir fry for dinner. Instead had a sandwich on the 12 grain bread w one thick slice of bologna and 2 thin slices of swiss. Also had a very modest piece of pumpkin pie.

If I find I am tempted to eat past my cut-off time tonight (in a half hour), I will head to bed early.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
OK Queenie (Kathy), the lack of water was the only thing I could think of. Maybe you need more fiber? Another thing I've noticed is that as I'm getting older - oh I hate that word - my internal bodily functions are changing too. Thank goodness I still have my mind (most of the time).

Rachael that bologna sandwich sounds SO good!! I love bologna - the old fashioned kind that you have to pull the red stuff off. I hope you have a good book to read if you go to bed early or you could always attack your bf - that sounds like more fun to me...lol.

Michelle

rohvannyn replied to bigred53's response:
I love wild game... very tasty. I've mostly had whitetail deer because they were practically vermin where I lived. They were breeding so much, with not natural predators, that they were getting smaller and stupider by the year. Lovely, lean, flavorful meat.

The interesting thing about not letting anyone fire anything inside the city limits... it hasn't stopped any non law-abiding people from doing it. Just sayin'.

Anyway, I was raised to appreciate rabbits, chickens, ducks, deer, anything plentiful and edible. So much better than hormone enhanced, cruely raised meat.
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

ausgram replied to mog1026's response:
Oh yeh Kathy, lots of hunting areas here on the plains. My son and grandson just got a beautiful mallard duck. They are very healthy. Actually, the wild animals are more healthy to eat then the cows in the super markets. Even the buffalo are in the cermercial grades now. We quit buying it. So we have gone to the cattle on the ranches. They don't feed them hormones or chemicals. As for pheasant, they are very good. They are wild to hunt along with turkeys and geese.
Michelle, I don't like the deer meat (venison). I can eat a steak on the deer, but that's it. It use to gag me when I was pregnant with my daughter. She won't eat it either, but all the rest of the wild we all eat. I think the elk are the best, even over the antelope. The elk are hard hunting and you have to go to the mountains to track one of them.
Kathy you drink a lot of water, huh? Kidney stones, woowee. I have to constantly remind myself to drink, drink, drink. But I useually get my 2 big glasses in by the end of the day.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

parakeet210 replied to ausgram's response:
heylo all

Kathy,

I've tried everything for my tie up and my doc told me to take senna-s which is a natural vegetable laxative and it works to take just 1 a day for me.

Rachael,

I messed up bad today too! I feel I'm slipping and I have to go back to behaving! I'm not even hungry of late so I really don't know what the heck i'm doing! You seem to be aware of what you're eatin and planning meals. I wouldn't just eat carrots if that's the only thing for breakfast. I'm glad to see that you got rid of the hi sodium meal for dinner. Keep on it.

Kim,
You def have heart! I think it was a really good way of saying it!
This is hard and yet we continue on! Thanks for being the que for this challenge and putting it together.

as for me.... I think big reds gonna give me a hundred wet noodle lashings

weight 254.0

breakfast: 2 pieces protein toast with sf orange marmalade
1 coffee w/ 1/2 n 1/2

lunch: chicken and veggies red peppers, orange peppers,yellow peppers, green zucchini and table onions,
white portabello mushroom. 5 bowtie noodles

2 pieces of chocolate
1 piece Hammond ribbon candy (this is an old time candy mf. plant that makes this candy by hand, you may have seen it on tv. It's excellent and I've toured it.

1 skinny vanilla latte, 1 piece pumpkin loaf that I didn't even really want but ordered and ate it anyway!

dinner repeat of lunch............but a little more. 10 bowtie noodles
1600-1800 cal whatever I ate today was pure to much of
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 replied to parakeet210's response:
I messed up too . I lost myself in a big pile of unsalted pistachios and now when it's time to sleep I have a tummy ache ;-(

Milton, Paradise Lost

Spotlight: Member Stories

I am a newlywed (married June 2010) and my husband and I are looking to lead a healthier lifestyle. I am currently about 280 pounds, and would like to...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.