Skip to content
C5, DAY 12, Friday Dec 20 Rose Colored Glasses
totallywiggedout posted:

LOL now that I have your attention....

I think I may have to buckle down and try this...

IF I can find a time when I'm completely alone in the house for a 30 min time frame.

GOOOOOOD MOOOOORNNNINNNNNG!!
Oh Happy Days...

Kim AM weight 185.2

Slowly she turned, step by step... anyone remember Abbott and Costello? Niagra Falls skit???

No?
God I'm old ! lol
Worse yet, I feel it. Time to get on with the program, we have 4 days counting today to do something about this Challenge.
Colors, we (I) need more color in my diet.... but I have limited space in my fridge for fresh stuff. I seem to have to be buying 5 gallons of milk a week and with Monica's cranberry juices and v8 and Michaels gallon of apple juice and the industrial sized jar of pickles, yes dills, for the pregnant lady.... I just do not have the room that I need. I get a small corner in the bottom. That's it.

sooooo
Breakfast
2 x blk coffee w/ stevia
2 eggs over light
1/2 an english muffin w/ sf orange marmalade and 1 tsp ff cream cheese
1 c unsweetened almond Silk

Wrap wrap wrap and today, hopefully finish what I didn't yesterday. Gotta hit the mall and I LOATHE the mall at Christmas.

so many colds, so little time......

I'm going to Michigan just after Christmas, if i come up missing, you'll know not to call out the cavalry until after the 6th... just so you all know.

I get to see my Anna Banana who I miss with every beat of my heart

Lunch dunno, thinking sports city pub, burger.

If so, light dinner of mixed green salad with tomato and cukes and chicken breast.

more later, ladies.
Strive, if not for perfection for distinction.

huggs
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

totallywiggedout responded:
put a comma after perfection, please, I forgot! Muah! )
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

parakeet210 replied to totallywiggedout's response:
I weight 253.6 I finally got below the 254 point!!

breakfast: shredded wheat 1 1/2 biscuits and stevia with 1 c. ff milk
1 ccuppa java w/milk from cereal

The lil engine that could: I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!!

Nike: Just do it!

Kim: if eating naked doesn't get you well?? what will??

I'm willing to try that one kim
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram responded:
Kimmie, your a killer. You sure can come up with some wild ideas. Ha ha ha!

Weigh-In 186, that's because I was in pain with this toe and Carl didn't want me on it cooking so he took me to a Mexican restaurant. I didn't really want to go but he insisted, so I got the roast beef burrito and only ate half. For one, it wasn't good. We aren't going back to that restaurant anymore. But nonetheless the cheese put that extra lb on me. It definatley will be gone by tomorrow.

Planing on having that left over antelope roast with some veggies and a salad today.

I made popcorn squares yesterday before we left and made sure I added up the calories. Only 42 calories per square. I forgot to add the salt and believe it or not, you can't tell. So I will cross off "salt" in that recipe.

I did get my 1 mile walk in -ON my treadmill. I started to walk outside, but Brrrr it was too chilly with the wind blowing. I'll be walking on the treadmill again today listening to Christmas music.

Kim I do have to say you should do like I did this year. I bought almost all my gifts from catalogs. Sure saves a lot of shopping.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
Good afternoon all

was busy all morning
weigh in 152

Breakfast
1/2 C bran flakes
1/4 c each raisin bran and heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
2.1 oz strawberries
3.1 oz orange
1 C black coffee

Dinner

2.4 oz red potato steamed
1 small chicken breast baked skin removed
1 1/3 c cooked spinach from fresh
1/2 Pat butter
salad
mixed greens
1/4 bell pepper
3 slices cuke
1 radish
1 roma tomato
6 black olives
1 T each wb robusti and red wine vinegar

that my food so far today

did my shopping this morning and took a walk afterwards it is a beautiful day here the snow is melting
52 degrees way nicer than the frigid temps of the last week or so...
Cals so far are just under 800
good to see so many of you doing well
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Lunch 1 banana 1 activia 1 skinny vanilla latte

tweety 'keet'

bigred53 replied to parakeet210's response:
Confession time. I had a glazed donut and a piece of pumpkin cake/bread with lots of nuts in it. I justified it in my mind because my fasting sugar this morning was 57. This was about 10:00am. It's now 1:15pm and my blood sugar is 99. Not bad considering. I still think I should apply the wet noodle whip to myself. Back to the celery, canned chicken and V8. Infinitely more satisfying than that sweet poison. Darn it I know better so why did I do it?!? I did have a yogurt and some pistaschios too.

Fight on everyone!!!

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle
I justified my indulgence a few days ago too it was caramel glazed popcorn and 4 truffles I weighed in 2 pounds heavier the next day . I am blaming my son for sending that stuff to me for Christmas .. I had my Hubby hide the rest of that package so I won't be tempted any more by it ...
the yogurt and pistachios are good food choices

you are not alone in your indulgences
what I am going to do is keep on plan till Christmas then I can indulge a little then
I have 4 days to be on target with my plan
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy - that is what is so wonderful about being here - knowing you're not alone in this struggle.

I've been wanting some of that Poppycock - carmel popcorn with pecans. It's a good thing I haven't seen any. Another thing I used to indulge in a lot was the Queen Annes - chocolate covered cherries. Wal-Mart always had stacks and stacks of them. I guess I have blinded myself to them...lol.

For Christmas dinner my nephew is getting a Honey Baked ham - too expensive IMO but he loves it. I guess the rest of the stuff is up to my sister and me to supply. I really want some mashed potatoes and gravy so I'll do that. I'll probably go the easy route and get Country Crock mashed potatoes and jarred gravy...lol. The kids, Isabelle and Jonny, (4 and 3) love mac and cheese so I'll get the good kind - Stouffers or maybe Claim Jumper's - for them I don't know what else. I'll have to talk with my sister. I don't want to do anything to give her any more stress. Oh, and we have to have Pillsbury crescent rolls too...lol.

Michelle

jis4judy replied to bigred53's response:
Hi Michelle I have my daughter her hubby and his brother coming for Christmas I am doing a repeat of thanksgiving
and I am making a turtle cheesecake made with caramel and Chocolate and pecans that will be dessert
and there will be My own version of toll house cookies
enough indulgences for a while I think
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy, the way I look a life is that we've all got to indulge sometimes and with us fluffies and former fluffies it's usually food. Comfort foods.

I know in the winter I always want to make hamburger gravy and mashed potatoes but I haven't done that for years. Since I cooked in a restaurant many years ago I still don't know how to make small batches of things - gotta feed everybody...lol

That turtle cheesecake sounds fabulous. A friend of my sister's used to make turtles and English toffee..

I'm getting a tuna salad from a local place. It's really good and the tuna is pretty dry - not too much mayo.

Well my beauties I how you all have wonderful weekends! Talk to you Monday.

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
Heylo everyone,,

Dinner Chicken breast 2 oz and missed greens. Green. Red. Tomatoe. Orange carrot. 2 slices garlic bread. 1/4 c mixed cheeses

2 diet Pepsi

It's another cold bugger here.

Loo I had a chocolate today n it was gross

tweety 'keet'

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
update on foods
3.6 oz pomegranate seeds

5 oz apple 11/2 T peanut butter

2.2 Oz pistachios

1/3 C plain ff greek yogurt
1/2 t honey
1/8 c gg crunchy pecan
1 C sliced strawberries

Total cals for today 1384

I hope you all are doing great
Hugs Judy

mog1026 replied to jis4judy's response:
Well today/yesterday, because its 1:15am, was a loss. Oh yes, fight on! I was barely staying in a reasonable calorie range when friends who were driving from Florida to Maine for Christmas surprised us with a visit and we all went to a favorite Italian restaurant. I had no appetizer, no bread, no pasta, no wine, no dessert..just veal Marsala with a dollop of mased potato and zucchini, green beans, and carrots. Not bad, but later tonight I had 2 larabars and a 100 cal popcorn. What can I say? 500 calories. Oops. I had already had a largish lunch of about 400 calories and decided to have a small dinner. The best laid plans...

I am limiting the Xmas sweets. We always have cheese fondue on Xmas eve which my DH makes. It is delicious and there is no changing it as far as anyone goes! I have made rum cakes and saved one for us and THAT IS IT! Unless I end up at the cookie exchange because somehow I was hypnotized. It doesn't look like it but I AM TRYING!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 217 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

justmejust responded:
My computer acted up and I wasn't able to post before going to work yesterday. Sorry about that. I did do my hour workout at the gym, my stretches and half hour walk. My workouts are so challenging I love them. We work on flexibility all around too. Did not realize how little flexibility I have now too. I have goals!

Usual meals yesterday.

Crunch time for Christmas. I am the least prepared this year unlike any other year. But it's okay. My extended family is coming for dinner on the 30th instead of this week. So I am less motivated to put up a tree and lights since I am so busy at work and the gym right now. Just not enough time to put it all up and take it all down!

Love and huggs to all!
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

Spotlight: Member Stories

I'm 53 5' 7" and weigh 210. I started gaining weight in my 30s and wasn't careful with my body - ate a lot, drank a fair bit of beer ...More

Helpful Tips

Getting the most out of oatmeal
As an oatmeal fan, I was surprised to find that instant oatmeal didn't stick with me the way rolled oats did. When I switched back to ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.