Skip to content
C-5 Saturday December 21
ausgram posted:
Where is everyone? I don't usually start this but I'm so excited I have to. Can you believe? I lost another pound. I know it's from walking every day. I haven't missed a day in almost 2 weeks now. Yoohooo!

Wake up everyone!! the sun is out and it's suppose to be 30 out today. Hee hee! No snow of course. We never get any, sniff.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy responded:
Good morning Ausie
good job walking on a regular basis that the way to pump up the metabolism

weight today 151

Breakfast
1/2 c bran flakes 1/4 C each raisin bran and heart to heart
1/2 C ff milk
3 oz strawberries
4 oz orange
1 Cup black coffee

Dinner plans

boneless skinless chicken breast
broccoli
maybe rice or sweet potato

salad
with the usual members of the rainbow

took a walk this morning had to cut it short the little doggy was limping
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

justmejust responded:
Great job Aus! A friend of mine at the gym was walking the track with me. she walks daily now per dr. orders to lose weight and at her checkup had lost 4 pounds. She was pleasantly surprised and is telling everyone to walk now!

I am taking the day off of intentional exercise and taking it easy today. I stepped up the intensity in my exercise classes this week and that was enough. Trying to keep a prudent eye on my joints.

breakfast
half grapefruit, yum
whole wheat toast, cinnamon
8 oz godiva cocoa
hard boiled egg

Stayed away from milk chocolate to some success. Can do better still.

Thanks for leading this Challenge Kim. I'm fairly stable. Keeping me from worse calorie and food choices than otherwise!

Plus, what you said about calorie amounts for amount of exercise is one key I forgot about. Need to remember to make the extra calorie addition, and with healthy veggie and fruit and protein!

Huggs around,
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

ausgram responded:
Wow, where is everyone? Guess it's Saturday and most people have a life. ha ha!

Anyway:
Weigh-In - 184
Brkfst - 1 banana, 1 tangerine, 1 cup of joe w/c/s.
Snack - 1 gingerbread - 1/3 cup of milk
lunch - 2 oz antelope roast put on a piece of bread cut in half with BBQ sauce on it.
mid-afternoon snack - 1 popcorn square (36 cals pre square)
I won't eat again now till about 6:30 and will have mini wheat with banana.

totallywiggedout responded:
Ok, Ok. I'm in sorry for MIA today. We had a bit of a mishap last night, nee early this AM that required some fancy footwork and about 3 extra hours of awake time.

Holly needed to go out at 230 am. Evidently, she had a clandestine meeting with a neighborhood skunk to talk about kidnapping Santa Clause or some such thing.
Needless to say, there must've been a disagreement about what to do with the reindeer, and Holly lost the battle.

She zoomed into the house so fast that I couldn't catch her in time, although I did get a good whiff of her on the way through.... so I ended up literally tackling her, and bodily manhandling her into the bathroom...all while trying to be quiet enough not to wake up the whole house.
She stank so bad!!!
First bath, seemed to go ok, seemed to work. (mind you , for however many dogs/cats I've had, I've NEVER had to deal with skunk attack before this), ... so, I toweled her off and let her into the bedroom.... as soon as she started drying, Up came the stink again....
Back into the bathroom this time with white vinegar... doused her, let it sit, washed her..... and toweled her off... By this time, Michael is completely up in arms about how it'll stink for MONTHS, da da da dee da...... grrrrrr.
I'M TRYING HERE!!!!!
Holly starts to dry... and STINK again...so we googled it...
AHA! A qt of hydrogen peroxide, baking soda and dish detergent!! all of which I had in the house!!!
Back to the bathroom. This time, Michael helped me get Holly into the tub, by this time my hip and back are screaming bloody murder and I know that this next week is going to be a bust if I want to walk anywhere, even to grocery shop....
Doused her. waited the required 5 min.. rinsed, repeated.... rinsed.... then toweled her off yet again.
Well, she didn't stink AS BAD..... but..... I fell asleep nonetheless, as it was just about 530am

Then I wake up at 1130 to find that , miracle of miracles.. I have caught Monicas cold. I'm stuffed up, my throat feels like it's so puffed up , I look like Jabba the HUTT. And I'm coughing.
Hey! At least I can't smell Holly

Michael finally broke down and went to get some de-skunkifier and AlkaSeltzer Plus severe cold fizzies for me.
I rolled over, coughed and sneezed a few times and lost another couple of hours to sleep....

Holly is now drying with the stuff on her hair. I refuse to wash it till she is DRY and I have allowed it all the time I possibly can without being arrested for pet abuse.... since it said to leave on 5 min...
lol

and the storm is now rolling in. High winds, heavy rain and possible tornados....

best get this done in case if lose power....

no weigh in this AM , as i HAD no AM

No breakfast for same reason.... no lunch for same reason...
coffee w/ stevia
AS plus cold tabs, no idea if they have calories, lol

I'm gonna have full blown blueberry pancakes with a sliced banana and sf syrup when I can get my butt around to fix em.

I just hope I can swallow them......sigh.

I am going to push the water, I'll get in my half gallon even with this late start. With this weather, doesn't look like I'll be going anywhere anytime soon anyhow.

huggs
take care
k
gw 135

If you can't do something willingly and joyfully, then don't do it. If you give up drinking, don't go moaning about it; go back on the bottle. Do. As. Thou. Wilt.--- Peter O'Toole

mog1026 replied to ausgram's response:
Here I am Aussie! LIFELESS! No big news today. I didn't weigh myself. Went to an apple barn to stock up on apples and decided on a variety I haven't seen before...cameo's. I got two small baskets so I can have one a day. I ate mine right there today because the owner encouraged me to taste them. The first variety, snow star I think, had a really sweet flesh but tough skin. The cameo was perfection. Since I am off most sugar I really appreciate fruit in a new way. A year ago I could have cared less about an apple, and now I'll drive a half an hour for a good one. Yes, in CT a half hour is a looong way! LOL!
Kathy SW 235.1 CW 217 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mog1026 replied to justmejust's response:
Yea Laura! Good job on the milk chocolate Me too, at least until Christmas, better yet, Valentine's Day! Lets try for that! I have some Ghiradelli cocoa which is probably about as good as the Godiva, but I try try try to have regular Swiss Miss instead because it has about half the calories, 90. I don't do sugar free, yuck!

Food today

Breakfast - English muffin

Lunch - roast beef on rye with LF mayo, apple

Milton, Paradise Lost

parakeet210 replied to mog1026's response:
Way to go Aus!! I commend you with a lil fairy dust!

Whose not doing chocolates must've gave em to me cuz I t ate about 5 last night. I've tried to log in several times and couldn't.

Don't know weigh cuz I woke at 1:30 a.m. and couldn't go back to sleep. I put on a tea/lunch for friends and kids today and am exhausted. Lots of activity and busting butt.

breastfast: 5 powdered sugar donut holes ARGH! 1 slice turkey
1 cuppa w/milk frothed

lunch: 1 slice of turkey 1 slice alpine swiss and jewish rye small size.
tea: bb scones2 strawberries, pineapple, grapes, tomatoe
my gold plated tea set leaked! bummer

kim.... smells up! man wha
t a pain! i'm right there with I can barely move now after the tea party

good job everyone! you got back on track! thts what I need to do!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

rachael2011 responded:
Hello everybody.

Kim- I hope you are getting your rest today. And are feeling better. We have skunks around where I live (I can smell em when I let the dog in sometimes) but so far we have been lucky w the dog, although she does torment something out there at night so maybe our days are numbered w the skunks.

Aus- Congrats on the walking!!! You've got to be proud of yourself! Thanks for sharing!

AM weight was 286.0 (I think the scale I am using is accurate)

Breakfast was an apple diced in 1/2 C oatmeal.

Lunch was a pbj sandwich on 12 grain bread.

I had a couple (4) cookies and small slice of cheese pizza (like 1/16 of a 14" pizza) at a holiday party I attended earlier today.

Dinner was a Subway chopped salad w double turkey with a drizzle of southwest sauce, topped w salsa, and an orange and 2 mini cupcakes from the party.

Throughout the day I had 5 light cheese sticks (50 calories each).

Exercise is a you tube walking video--15-20 min.

In all I am happy with my weekend so far. Yesterday, I didn't eat past my cut off and I doubt I will today. I have eaten some things I shouldn't have (holiday party and string cheese) but in the past I have done far worse. I am using my self talk.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Gosh Kim that's one heck of a way to begin your day I do not envy you !
I hope I never have that experience with a dog and a skunk
do get some rest and lots of liquid
I hope you feel better soon
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

ladylavender replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Whoa, Kim! I am so sorry you are dealing with SKUNK dog, a cold, a hurting body and lack of sleep - that's a whole lot to deal with all at once. I hope the stuff works on Holly and you feel better very soon. ((Kim))
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results. - Albert Einstein

-Abby

mog1026 replied to ladylavender's response:
Oh you bunch of Sissys!! I've done Skunk versus Dog at least 5, no 10, no it must have been a MILLION times! We have cranky skunks and dumb dogs I guess . First night: MR. Dog sleeps in the garage after his initial baths. Second night: we can talk about it, but you're in the kitchen, not the bed! I never found the whole tomato juice/ vinegar/ fairy dust to make much difference. It's just wash/rinse and repeat ad nauseum. Oh the memories!

Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram replied to totallywiggedout's response:
Oh my goodness Kim. Poor Holly. And poor you. I know when my grandmas dog got squirted every where we touched it stuck on us. So I hope you aren't in too bad shape today Kimmie. Gosh, what an experience. I hope too that your cold don't take a good hold on you. Stay in bed and drink lots of liquids.

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.