Skip to content
Merry Christmas and end of year assessment
rachael2011 posted:
Hi everybody. I just wanted to wish everyone a very merry and healthy Christmas. Everyone on here is just awesome and I have learned so much from you all.

I decided to change up the way I am doing things. As most of you know, I was lost like 40 lbs when I first came on here in March to June...and then I have been gaining and losing the same 10 lbs since June til now. That is about the time I started tracking my food, weighing and measuring and recording everything. I decided that through at least the beginning of the year, I am going to stop tracking and concentrate on 1. healthy foods, 2. trying to determine when I feel full (I need to eat slowly to do this), 3. sticking with my cut off time and 4. self- talk. I decided not to track and I will only be measuring my carbs since it's so easy to go over on these. This was what worked before. What do you think.

Again, Merry Christmas.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy responded:
Sounds like a good plan Rachael
Just remember to eat as healthy as you can too
I use the self talk and the cut off time too they are both great tools /
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Merry Christmas to Eveyone,,self talk is important that's for sure Rachael. I have been doing the same thing since I came here. I am into the cookies and it's really tuff. Though I haven't gained back to much..

The cut off is key like u said. I don't usually have problems with that but I know Judy's rainbow makes or breaks me!!
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

ausgram responded:
Merry Christmas to you Rachael, Judy and Keet and Kim and Kathy and Amber and everyone else in our group of friends here.

Guess we are all different. I have to count calories or I'm sunk. I love the rainbow cause that keeps me on track and conscience of how my day is going.

What do you mean your cut off time? When you stop eating at night? Is that it?
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

jis4judy replied to ausgram's response:
That's it Ausie Mine is 8pm nothing but water after that
and lots of self talk
since I go to bed around 11 that's a good time for me best to make the cut off time 2 or 3 hours before bedtime
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

blondie454u replied to ausgram's response:
Merry Christmas to everyone!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

justmejust replied to blondie454u's response:
Merry Christmas!!
Laura
Baby steps, to a healthy lifestyle change. When you change your thoughts you will then change your weight. Getting healthy is about progress, not perfection.

kalimiller responded:
Merry Christmas everyone!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

Spotlight: Member Stories

Hi. My name is Cindy and I am a life learner. I am a 54 year old diabetic with anxiety issues along with other medical problems. I was active througho...More

Helpful Tips

Tuesday Tips: Claiming Your Life Back
Today is Tuesday Tips Day where we can all share our best solutions or workarounds for certain dieting challenges. This week our topic is ... More
Was this Helpful?
21 of 29 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.