Skip to content
looking back at the last year :(
mefirstforever posted:
Hi Ladies,

It is time to face the music. The last year has been a wash out for me regarding weight lost. I did clean up my life and made drastic changes personally.

During the last year, my weight when up to 212 and I managed to bring it back down to 198. My lowest weight was 192 Feb 9 2013.

So my first goal will be

February 9, 2014 - 192 A NEW BEGINNING
March 2, 2014 - 187 BE ABLE TO TOUCH MY TOSES
April 9, 2014 - 182 BE ABLE TO GET OFF THE FLOOR EASELY
May 9, 2014 - 177 BE ABLE TO DO BRISK WALKS
Junel 9, 2014 - 172 BE ABLE TO DO YOGA VIDEO BEG. TO END
July 9, 2014 - 167 BE ABLE TO COOK BALANCED MEALS
August 9, 2014 - 162 BE ABLE TO BUY NEW CLOTHES
September 9, 2014 - 155 BE ABLE TO PLAY TENNIS AGAIN
October 9, 2014 - 152 BE ABLE TO KEEP A SCHEDULE
November 2, 2014 -147 MAINTAINING ALL THE GOALS
nice birthday gift !!!
And of course water water water did I say water lol

The futur is nice to plan but the present is great to live.

Huggs to all
Helene

p.s. I keep a copy for a to do list will see how many I will have crossed by next year.
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

rachael2011 responded:
Hi Helene.
Really great goals! Good idea to post this too. I will think about it and add mine next week.
Rachael
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

ausgram responded:
Whew, Helene, that wore me out reading all what your going to do. Lots of luck. You can do it.
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

rohvannyn replied to ausgram's response:
Great idea, Helene! I like how you are being specific about your goals and keeping them reasonable. This is a great time to reflect. I understand you aren't satisfied by your progress, but don't forget to celebrate the victories you did have!
Roh

'Your focus determines your reality.' -QGJ

'Try not. Only do.' --Y

parakeet210 replied to rohvannyn's response:
WOW Helene this is great!
We'll get there thru a plan

GO GETTER girlly
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mefirstforever responded:
Thanks Ladies.
I did need to right it down. this is my periodical kick in the but insentive.

Roh your are right I did clean up my life this year from things I was imposing on myself no one else. A big weight lifted of my shoulders. Still getting use to it. Work in progess.

Rachael looking forward seing yours !!!

Thanks Aus and Tweety J for your encouragement.
huggs
H

blondie454u replied to mefirstforever's response:
Good for you Helene!
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

mefirstforever replied to blondie454u's response:
Thanks Amber

rachael2011 responded:
I am still figuring out what works for me re my diet. I was losing and when I started counting calories in June, I noticed that I started gaining and losing the same 10 lbs, so for the start of this year, I am going back to just eating healthy foods and concentrating on when I am full, not worrying about calories. If it doesn't work and I see I am gaining, I will go back to tracking and counting calories. I definitely can't eat after 8PM.

My goals revolve around my exercise. I got a new walking DVD this year so I would like to use that for some winter goals.

January and February- Do the 2 mile walk, 2 X per week.

March and April- Do the 3 mile walk, 2 X per week.

May and June- Do the 4 mile walk, 2 X per week.

I will continue to do other exercises on off days, and if I feel like a change I will do my walk outdoors or on the treadmill.

I would like to get solidly under 250lbs by mid-year.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
Rachael, I never count calories. I have many times in the past though so I pretty much know what's high and low. I probably should count carbs because of my diabetes but I don't do that either nor do I measure. Through years of experience I know what is good and what is bad or not so good.

I do try to watch portions and eat healthier foods, i.e., fruits and veggies. I'm not much of a meat eater any more although I do usually have a can of chicken most days for needed protein along with some ff Greek yogurt and nuts. Quite often I don't eat dinner or I have something light as I am not hungry - I need to eat something to keep my blood sugar from going to low.

I had what I call one of my 'freak outs' last night - I finished off the potato chips and dip after I had eaten an egg salad sandwich (store bought and on wheat). I wasn't hungry but those darned things kept calling my name and I allowed myself to be weak. I paid for it with some heartburn and higher blood sugar numbers this morning. I think I will have a salad with some pinto beans and salsa on the greens - I do love me some beans. I love rice too but rarely eat it since it sends my blood sugar through the roof.

So my dear Rachael, concentrate on healthier eating again since that is what worked for you in the past and equally important is planning ahead what you are going to eat. I know how difficult that can be at times but in the long run it makes it easier to stay on track. To me the most important thing for all of us is that we keep trying and not give up or in. You are doing much better in the exercise arena than I am so many kudos to you You have come a long way in spite of the difficulties you are having now. It is entirely possible that you have hit a plateau and it is taking a while for your body to adjust.

My go to is cottage cheese. I always have some in the fridge for the times I am too tired to fix anything. Soup is always good to keep on hand and a lot of them are fairly low calorie and the Progresso ones are really tasty - so are some of the store brands. And, most of them have low sodium ones too. Luckily for me I don't have a problem with salt as one of my medications depletes my body of sodium and I actually crave it. I almost always have salad available too and tomatoes. I rarely buy bread or crackers either. Chips and crackers are triggers for me and once I start eating them it's hard for me to stop - my sister bought the ones I pigged out on.

So keep trying and pretty soon you will find what works best for you.

Michelle

thelovelyjd responded:
This is great. I really need to sit down and put my goals on paper. I have lists for everything else in the world, but not this...

I look forward to reading your updates!

mog1026 replied to thelovelyjd's response:
This is a very inspiring thread Helene . I love your goals, but I would have to lose 20 years, not pounds, to meet some of them! LOL! I am going to think of some for myself tho, so thanks for sharing yours.
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

bigred53 replied to mog1026's response:
Dearest Kathy. I wish there was some way I could lift your spirits and re-motivate you so you don't have to struggle. Alas I don't have a magic wand or even magical words to ease your heart. Just know that I care about you as do the rest of this wonderful community. Your struggles are our struggles. I hope you know that we're fighting this battle right along side you.

Another thing Kathy, I still have more weight to lose to get to my goal than you do to get to yours and I've already been at this for years. I know one of your biggest obstacles to exercise is your poor knees while mine is the idontwanttodoitness/laziness.

Heck, I've been indulging in plenty of chips - haven't for a few days but darn it I've been looking at them when I'm at the store and also my favorite olive oile and rosemary Triscuts.. I've also been having a few pieces of See's milk chocolate balls (about the size of the small gumballs) every day. I need to give the stupid things away and kick the person who gave them to me after I kick myself. In a way I'm glad I don't have a scale but I would still like to know if I'm lighter than I was the last time I went to the doctor.

Here's an NSV - I have visible collar bones!!! I could always feel them of course but now I can see them!! Whooppee!! The next big NSV will be when I can feel my hip bones when I lay on my back - that'll probably be awhile but so what. I'm only 60 so I can wait a few more years...lol.

Kudos to us all for trying to stay on the path to healthiness!! It's not an easy road and we all hit some bumps and potholes along the way, namely Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Year's and birthdays.

Here's to better days ahead. I love you all!!

Michelle

mog1026 replied to bigred53's response:
Thanks for your support Michelle. . I accept that the struggle is part of the process. I won't give up. I may have regained some weight but I'm reminding myself that I am lighter this January than I was last January and that is something.
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

mefirstforever replied to bigred53's response:
Thanks Michelle,
You able to put in to words what we all feel. Everytime I read your comments it gives me a boost.
Koodos for the NSV.Also a great NSV is passing by the chip and not stopping that is great.
Helene

Spotlight: Member Stories

I joined this community in Sept. of 2011 and I believe I was around 222 lbs. at that time. I began a "diet" in June 2011 at 265 lbs. I was m...More

Helpful Tips

cinnamon
I am diabetic and a sure way to loose weight fast is cut the carbs, exercise, and take a third of a T-spoon of cinnamon after every meal ... More
Was this Helpful?
29 of 31 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.