2.7 oz strawberries
1/2 C bran flakes
1/3 C heart to heart
1/2 c ff milk
1 C black coffee

next? Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

parakeet210 responded:
Yay the rainbow is back,,,,Thank You Judy!!

Just wanted to congratulate you on getting back to desired weight!!

I'll come back later as I only woke a bit ago
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mog1026 responded:
Thank you so much for posting this today Judy. I am just waking up from the food coma I have been in since the wedding was over in October. It's hard to comprehend how fast the weight comes back on and in HUGE chunks. I don't want to wait for January 1 to try try again because 2014 is clearly going to be another year of struggle. Seeing your post really is a big help.
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

kalimiller replied to mog1026's response:
I agree with Kathy. I don't want to wait until January to try to start eating healthy again. I'm starting now. I gained about 2 pounds since I have moved down to Texas. I think that my big problem is snacking - my parents' house has SO many snack foods everywhere. I know that it'll be a challenge with that many temptations - but I know that I can do it!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mog1026 replied to mog1026's response:
I found this example in a healthy eating book and it sounds familiar.....

"01COn her daughter"019s wedding day Karen has lost 7 pounds. She nearly starved to get there, but now she can celebrate. What she doesn"019t realize is that she"019s fallen into a trap. Her old eating habits will return soon, and so will the extra pounds. You can see her standing at the fridge the next day, as the following telegrams arrive at the mind-body connection: Thank goodness the wedding"019s over. I can relax. I worked hard. I deserve to treat myself. Look at all the leftovers. I can"019t starve myself forever."01D

Excerpt From: Chopra, Deepak. "01CWhat Are You Hungry For?."01D Harmony Books, 2013-11-12. iBooks.
Kathy SW 235.1 GW 165

Greedily she ingorg'd without restraint,
And knew not eating Death
Milton, Paradise Lost

ausgram responded:
Ohhhhhhhh Judy, a sight for sore fat eyes. ha ha ha!
We get to go to town tomorrow, I will get me some veggies and more fruit. What kind of fruit is out there this time of year other then apples and oranges. I don't like frozen blueberries or frozen anything in the line of fruit. If it ain't fresh it's not real fruit (to me anyway). So I'm like Rachael, I'm going to stock up on good food.
I did gain 3 lbs over the Christmas holiday. I TRIED to watch it, but all those cookies. Uh-aa. No way was I going to crunch them up and throw them to the birds. The kids worked too hard on making them. Well, I'm bringing what we have left, which will feed 45 hungry seniors plus. ha ha ha, tomorrow. Our Bible study is tomorrow. That will help me immensely knowing they aren't getting thrown out.

Today -
Weigh-in 187
Brkfst - 1 tangerine and 1/2 a banana and 1 cup of joe and I got the sugar down to 1/2 a teaspoon and half and half to 1 tsp. I'm working on it Judy. Eventually I will drink it black. I like it black but right now rather have a tad "something" in my coffee.

Kali nice to see you pop in.

Kathy I laughed my head off with your statement and told my hubby I have a friend that is waking up from a food coma. ha ha ha ha ha ha! Actually, that's not funny if you really think about it. tee hee hee
AusGram -SW - 194; CW -185; GW -150 for now, will lower that WHEN I reach it.

Don't live life comparing yourself to everyone else.
God has created you to be you and you are free to be you.

bigred53 replied to ausgram's response:
Aussie and Kathy - I know about food comas being a type 2 diabetic but I call them carb comas. I always know when I've had too many carbs because I literally almost pass out. It's actually kind of funny. My sister laughs at me if I'm at her house bacause I just cannot keep my eyes open and I start doing the 'head bob' trying to watch tv...lol.

I think I'll have some cottage cheese and salsa for dinner tonight. I'm tired enough that I don't need any carbs to fall asleep...lol. Stayed up too late last night watching the Kennedy Center Honors. It was worth it though.

Michelle

rachael2011 responded:
Hello everyone!
Time to start thinking colors in my eating again. Thank you, Judy!

Breakfast- multigrain cheerios w skim, orange (orange)

Lunch- out w son- omelet w peppers (green), onions (white) and Swiss, breakfast potatoes and a biscuit. (I over did it at lunch).

Dinner- 1 C wheat pasta, canned shrimp and diced tomatoes (red) w Old Bay seasoning.

Snack will be an apple (red) w cinnamon.

So that's orange, green, white and lots of red today. Purple is so much easier to do in the summertime; maybe I will buy a box of prunes but I eat them so quickly!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

rachael2011 replied to bigred53's response:
Hey Michelle. That's an interesting combo-- cottage cheese and salsa. I love both. Gotta try that!
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

jis4judy responded:
update on my food choices

Dinner was
4oz boneless skinless chicken breast
0.3 c bran rice
0.2 c cooked mushrooms
1.4 C cooked spinach
1/2 pat butter

salad with mixed greens
tomato 3 slices cuke 1 radish sliced 1 thin slice red onion
1/4 bell pepper yellow
1T each robusto dressing and red wine vinegar

2 C green tea with lemon
2 chocolate chip cookies

1 oz mixed nuts

1/3 C greek yogurt plain
1/2 T honey
1 C frozen cherries
1/8 c great grains

1 prune
that's the food for the day
I tried to walk today but there was too much ice so no walk
so I was a slug for the day
will get some exercise one way or another tomorrow
yesterday I walked an hour and did 44 jumping jacks and 34 high kicks each leg so it wonlt hurt to have a slug day
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy replied to jis4judy's response:
there was also 5.3 oz pomegranate seeds
total calories 1279 seems like I ate more than that
Hugs Judy

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
It's pretty good stuff IMO. I also like cottage cheese with El Pato sauce - I don't know if you have that back east. It comes in a tomato sauce sized yellow can with a picture of a duck on it. It is SO good on tacos too. I like salsa on baked potatoes too. I've been too lazy to make my own salsa. I used to be known as the salsa queen...lol. Sometimes I'll cut up tomatoes, cukes and onion in my cottage cheese too. I'll even put a dollop of cottage cheese in my soup for some extra protein. It works for me.

Many years ago for a while I practically lived on cottage cheese and V8 juice. There was something in that combo that my body needed I guess. Whatever tickles our taste buds and is good for us, right?

Michelle

parakeet210 replied to bigred53's response:
hi all

I guess since everyone disappeared at xmas I will now. I celebrated with kids yesterday and will have them over again on nyd. all the food is out and all the candy cookies chex mix and smore mix too. Husband goes firkin wild and there were only 4 of us. originally going to be 3 of us.
Lord help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
g night
I did get in veggies and fruits today
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Ladies,

A bit late,
Yesterday
1 slice of multi grain bread
1 piece of lauching cow
1 coffee I got a electric milk frotter it's realy great and I stopped putting sugar in my coffee

lunch
2 hard boiled eggs
salad

dinner
made sole stuffed with carots and shredded cheese yum
some rice

of course one pie left, so I had a piece of apple pie.
with a chi tea so good.

Aus I'm glad you found good use for the cookies.
Hugs
helene
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

Spotlight: Member Stories

ive been married for 22 years I love to garden,walk,fish,spend time outside,I enjoy cooking and baking I,m looking to learn a better lifestyle of eati...More

Helpful Tips

Working Out
OMG I had a very hard time getting out of the bed this morning to go to the gym. I'm not a morning person, but this morning it was awful. ... More
Was this Helpful?
4 of 4 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.