Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Rainbow Challenge Thursday Jan 2 2014
jis4judy posted:
http://www.everydayhealth.com/health-report/diet-nutrition/eating-the-rainbow-for-\\good-nutrition.aspx

Good morning

I kinda slept late
forgot to weigh in

Breakfast was the craisin oatmeal with a pear in place of the apple and chopped pecan topping in place of walnuts

was good but prefer the apple

Dinner plans boneless skinless chicken breast brown rice mushrooms zucchini salad snacks will be pomegranate
pistachios
supper will be yogurt and berries might also have a boiled egg if still hungry

Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

jis4judy responded:
welI guess no one is around today my exercise was 30 minutes 8.1 miles on recumbent bike and took ornaments off tree carried them to basement tomorrow I will take of lights and take apart the tree and pack it away
Hugs Judy

life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

kalimiller replied to jis4judy's response:
I'm just at work today. Breakfast was just something quick - sausage egg and cheese croissant for 300 something calories. Not the best, but I didn't want to get out of bed for work this morning.

Am having leftover spaghetti and corn for lunch. Not sure about dinner. Planning on going for a walk with Pepper when I get home. Happy new year everyone!
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

mefirstforever responded:
Hi Judy and Kali !!!

No breakfast got up late and wanted to do my strestching exercise video 1 hrs.

had lunch with my son
Chicken celeri tomato laitues on multi grain bread with mayo.
Chi Tea

This afternoon will have a rice porage with ginger good for cold days.

Bicycle Judy I gues it is cold also in your area.
here it is -15f windshield - 35 sooooo cold on top of it the drier vent was open so I had to go outside and close it. gruhhh!!!!

Huggs
H
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

jis4judy replied to mefirstforever's response:
the bike is because we are having a lot of snow the roads aren;t plowed yet
that bike will be my friend for a while I think

if this storm hangs around a bit too long

Hugs Judy

parakeet210 replied to jis4judy's response:
Judy's oatmeal with 1 oz of mixed nuts and craisin
didn't hold me this a.m. tho

lunch kids hamburger happy meal with large diet coke ugh I know but its been on the go for me and I was about to puke so nauseated and had to eat

see ya after dinner
This moment is your life, choose to live it. Grab all the gusto you can!!!

tweety 'keet'

SW 264.0. GW. 170 CW 255.4

rachael2011 responded:
Hi everyone. I was out for a good portion of today with a dr appt and errands.

AM weight was 286.6.\

Breakfast was oatmeal w diced apple.

Lunch was on the road and was 2 hard boiled eggs, a container of grapes and a soft pretzel. I really regretted that when I looked at the calories on the package when cleaning up my mess and saw they read 400. For a pretzel!! Ugh.

Also in my travels, I had a candy bar. I know; I know.

Dinner was a 6" Subway wheat w double turkey and no cheese, with veggies and a drizzle of bbq sauce, and an orange.

Snack will be a bowl of oriental stir fry veggies w a T of terryaki sauce. I had enough empty carbs for the day between the blasted pretzel and the candy bar. Next time I will be better prepared to eat on the road w baby carrots or something.
Rachael...under construction.

SW 325 CW 285.2 Short term goal-275 Goal weight- unsure

bigred53 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hello all. Sitting here repenting for the crap I ate the past two days although it could have been much worse. Tuesday evening I had a nice chicken salad - spring mix, tomato, blue cheese dressing (half and half with salsa). Then later I broke down and had a bunch of chips and dip - one of my greatest weaknesses. On to yesterday - lots of veggies but with more dip for lunch. Then dinner was pinto beans with blue corn tortilla chips, cheese and salsa. I also had probably four or five tangerines throughout the day (at least). I think I've taken care of the dip craving for a while hopefully. At least it was fat free...lol. I could blame my dear sister for buying the stuff but she sure didn't force me to eat it.

Back on track today and for the forseeable future.

Subway is going to be hard to resist this month as all of the foot-longs are $5.00. Rachael, I always get the honey oat bread as it has the most fiber, even more than the wheat.

In spite of the crap I ate yesterday my blood sugar is good - kind of low this morning at 59. My blood pressure at about 11:45 this morning was 120/75 - hurray!

I went to Staples yesterday to get a couple of desk top calendars for myself and a co-worker. Then I stopped at the Goodwill store to see if I could find some decent pants for my son. I was very disappointed to discover that hardly any of the clothes have sizes on them so to me that was a total bust. I guess if I go again I will have to take a tape measure with me...lol. That just seems like too much trouble to me though.

Guess that's it for now. Nothing exciting going on around here - darn!

Michelle

kalimiller responded:
Oh yeah, I forgot to give an update. We have our house in Utah under contract and should close on it on the 15th. Inspection is done and the buyer was pre-approved for the loan, so we should be good
-Kali

Starting weight: 198 Current weight: 186

parakeet210 replied to rachael2011's response:
Hey Rachael,

Here's a tip (on web md there are newsletters you can sign up for tips.
Also WebMD on one of my newsletters sent the lowest calories for fast food. The best deal and lowest everthing (still hi in sodium 841 mg) calories for 1 c. red chili and one baked potato plain 340 cal.

It was one of the lowest calories of any.
THe salads all carl's jr, Wendy's, mcdonalds, bk chick filet*
chicken
chicken sandwiches at all the above w/o mayo are anywhere from 400-525
a teriyaki bowl from jack in the box is reasonable but of course it's the highest in sodium 1461 mg.

Alos the chicken wrap at chick filet is reasonable

chick filet has the cleanest food

tweety 'keet'

parakeet210 replied to kalimiller's response:
YAY KALI!! THAT'S GREAT!!

tweety 'keet'

Spotlight: Member Stories

All my life I have been considered bigger than everyone else. I used to blame it on my asthma and allergies. I decided to put a stop to it. I am t...More

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.