Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
New to the group
taralove posted:
Hi there. My name is Tara and I am now the highest weight I have ever been and I am horrified and at the same time can't seem to make myself really look in the mirror. I am now 261.8 LBS. I have gained 50lbs in one year and I feel sad and that makes me want to eat more! Yikes.

I have almost been engaged a year and i am getting married in October. As of January First I gave up all caffeine and sugar. I am doing well. However, it is only the the 3rd . I am on Anti-depressants and high blood pressure medicines along with a night med that helps with Anxiety and they help me to sleep the side effect is it makes you want to eat. Fun right. I try to not eat befor I go to bed. I tend to love to eat at night though. Sneaks up on me with a quickness!

I guess I signed up for some support and just encouragement. I get it at home...but with the anxiety and the feeling of letting others down I don't like to share to much. Thanks for reading. I look forward to connecting and sharing.

sagittariusmama responded:
Girl I'm right there with you i know exactly how you feel you CAN do this . I am 89 pounds over weight and i just started this support system these lovely ladies are so encouraging and extreamley supportive and give wonderful advice...(:
XoXo

jis4judy responded:
Hi taralove
welcome aboard
paying more attention to nutrition by eating fruits vegies whole grains fat free or low fat dairy some seeds or nuts in moderation lean meats in proper portions .. drinks are important too water is my go to drink I also like green tea with lemon and black nothing added coffee
I also needed a cut off time to get my weight and health in the good level .. maybe staying away from processed foods will help you get your emotions on a better level and you might be able to stop meds ..
I used to take meds for asthma 3 different meds daily but since I stopped eating processed foods and junk my health got better and I no longer need meds
Hugs Judy
SW 247 CW 150ish maintaining

Remember the Gold is not in the prize it's in the Journey
life may not be the Party we expected but while we are here we may as well dance

mefirstforever responded:
Welcome Tara,

You got great advise from Judy.
Also you can read the recipes and exercise tread I saved them in my discussions on the left of the screen.
You can press on the watch this discussion on the bottom they will be saved on you profile
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2523
http://forums.webmd.com/3/dieting-club-50-100-lbs-exchange/forum/2753

Sometime when I think I'm hungry in the evening
It may be because I.m thrsty or just exausted. Try to see if just drinking a tea or a glass of water with lemon stops the hunger.If you starve yourself all day for sure you will have hunger horrors in the evening.
Eat breakfast the most
eat lunch the less
eat dinner the least

If you eat snack try 100 cal. wait 20 minutes and add another 100 only if you are really hungry.

Try no to change to many things at the same time It is better to change one thing master it and go on adding the next.

Keep on sharing, you will always find a friendly ear.
Huggs
H
Helene GW 140 CW 198.6 SW 224
Every day is a gift do your best, be kind especially to yourself and smile.

blondie454u responded:
You've you gotten some great advice so welcome aboard! Motivation is like bathing, you need it daily. Just stay motivated.
Amber CW 135-139 maintaining, SW 250. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. 1Cor. 13:7

Spotlight: Member Stories

Back in the saddle with a more positive attitude, and more involvement in my head. Here's to you all, I hope to chat with you soon.

Helpful Tips

Diet Club Newcomer Tips
In the past we had a Diet Club FAQ: we frequently referred newcomers to it-because it had some great tips, ideas for getting started, and ... More
Was this Helpful?
63 of 78 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.